More cancelled student debt

Just now, Ban Basketball said:

But, us Christian conservative Republicans don't want laws passed by Congress at this time! We've been begging Biden to take Executive action on the border and to NOT do it through Congress!

We're also following the direct directive of our party boss, Inmate #PO1135809 on this,  and we agree.

Lol

3 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

They paid their loans back through service, which they agreed upon from the outset of taking the job. It's like a retroactive GI bill. Do public service and we'll pay for your education. Are you against the GI bill too?

The other thing to note is that many of these people have already paid more than the original amount of their loan.

So cancel the interest and not the damn loan. It’s not that hard. 

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

But, us Christian conservative Republicans don't want laws passed by Congress at this time! We've been begging Biden to take Executive action on the border and to NOT do it through Congress!

We're also following the direct directive of our party boss, Inmate #PO1135809 on this,  and we agree.

A.  It speaks 

B. Biden could have done what he’s asking for and more when he had control of the senate and house during his first two years.  He doesn’t want to do anything now but since it’s an election issue he all of a sudden is interested.  

21 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

A.  It speaks 

B. Biden could have done what he’s asking for and more when he had control of the senate and house during his first two years.  He doesn’t want to do anything now but since it’s an election issue he all of a sudden is interested.  

That is all true for both parties. Biden is absolutely responding at this time because of an impending election. Republicans are absolutely blocking Biden from giving the people what they want because of an impending election.

Games people play.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

That is all true for both parties. Biden is absolutely responding at this time because of an impending election. Republicans are absolutely blocking Biden from giving the people what they want because of an impending election.

Games people play.

No. Republicans haven’t had control of the Oval Office, senate and house like Biden did.  The politics that are happening now regarding the border could have all been avoided had Biden reacted when he had the control.  

• Fire 1

45 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

A.  It speaks 

I know! Us Christian conservative Republicans love and demand Executive action over any legerstation that Congress passes!

I'm in a rage that Biden won't doing via Executive action!

• Stalling 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

2 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

I know! Us Christian conservative Republicans love and demand Executive action over any legerstation that Congress passes!

I'm in a rage that Biden won't doing via Executive action!

Congrats!  

4 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

They paid their loans back through service, which they agreed upon from the outset of taking the job. It's like a retroactive GI bill. Do public service and we'll pay for your education. Are you against the GI bill too?

The other thing to note is that many of these people have already paid more than the original amount of their loan.

Is the SAVE program limited to people working for the government (public service) or is it open to anyone with a Federal loan? (No public service is required.) 

Do you have to be a US citizen to qualify? (no, I think it's open to eligible noncitizen refugees, etc.) 

How did the SAVE program get created and funded?  Congress?  (I don't know.  The Department of Education decided to and issue regulations?)

How is the SAVE program different than previous IDR programs?

• Cut payments on undergraduate loans in half.
  • Bring many borrowers’ loan payments to $0 per month. 
  • If they keep up with their required payments, ensure that borrowers never see their balance grow. 
  • Provide early forgiveness for low-balance borrowers.  10 years rather than 20-25 years in some cases.

How are people enrolled in SAVE? (is automatic for some)

There are now 7.5 million borrowers enrolled in the SAVE Plan, of whom 4.3 million have a $0 payment. 

-----------

This seems different than the GI bill.

--------

GI Bill is fine; military veterans deserve help returning to civilian life in exchange for putting their lives at risk for our security.

But can you imagine the controversy surrounding a retroactive GI Bill?  These vets made a choice for benefits at certain costs.  And if later the vets were given expanded benefits without concern for cost, equity, administrative feasibility, legal consideration, and public perception?  

• Fire 1

Is the SAVE program limited to people working for the government (public service) or is it open to anyone with a Federal loan? (No public service is required.) 
Do you have to be a US citizen to qualify? (no, I think it's open to eligible noncitizen refugees, etc.) 
How did the SAVE program get created and funded?  Congress?  (I don't know.  The Department of Education decided to and issue regulations?)
  • If they keep up with their required payments, ensure that borrowers never see their balance grow. 
  • Provide early forgiveness for low-balance borrowers.  10 years rather than 20-25 years in some cases.
There are now 7.5 million borrowers enrolled in the SAVE Plan, of whom 4.3 million have a $0 payment. 

-----------
--------
GI Bill is fine; military veterans deserve help returning to civilian life in exchange for putting their lives at risk for our security.
But can you imagine the controversy surrounding a retroactive GI Bill?  These vets made a choice for benefits at certain costs.  And if later the vets were given expanded benefits without concern for cost, equity, administrative feasibility, legal consideration, and public perception?  

The average teacher has a significantly higher likelihood of dying on the job compared to members of some military branches. Hint: 0.0 USSF Guardians have been killed in combat.

They will almost certainly serve their community for longer than the average servicemember.

So, is a USSF Guardian who serves four years, between Vandenberg and Schriever, and maybe “deploying” to another building at the base he or she works at already, more deserving of loan forgiveness than a teacher who teaches at a crappy, underfunded school for 8 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, jross said:

-----------

--------

one of the biggest failures by the dems on this is they let conservatives frame the debate around fairness. it’s not about fairness. it’s about what’s best for the country as a whole. and that might mean someone who doesn’t go to college pays $10 a year in taxes to fund someone who does.

why? because that’s what society is about. working together for the betterment of the whole. 

education is an investment in your citizens and ultimately your work force. most of the rest of the world understands that.

you all are so worried about people not having to pay back loans because it’s “not fair” to consider that removing the economic burden from those people can be good for all of us. They can spend more in the economy, start businesses, have children, etc…

one of the biggest failures by the dems on this is they let conservatives frame the debate around fairness. it’s not about fairness. it’s about what’s best for the country as a whole. and that might mean someone who doesn’t go to college pays $10 a year in taxes to fund someone who does.
why? because that’s what society is about. working together for the betterment of the whole. 
education is an investment in your citizens and ultimately your work force. most of the rest of the world understands that.
you all are so worried about people not having to pay back loans because it’s “not fair” to consider that removing the economic burden from those people can be good for all of us. They can spend more in the economy, start businesses, have children, etc…

It’s kind of wild that people have forgotten that the single biggest increase in the prosperity of the United States was created almost entirely by the GI Bill after WWII.

Funding education is an investment in America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

I'm making sacrifices as a provider, living within my means, and paying my bills.

I do not support rewarding people who borrow irresponsibly or choose expensive colleges without considering the financial implications.  

Do you know what retroactive loan forgiveness does beyond reckless enablement?  It raises the cost of education for contributors because the government guarantees payment.

A teacher who can't afford to pay their bills shouldn't be a teacher.

Change your life so that more money comes in rather than goes out.  Get roommates.  Live in the basement.  Eat ramen.  Get a second job.  

Honor your commitments.

I've been there before, so I'm not now.

Weak minds.

Joe Biden Money GIF by Creative Courage

• Fire 2

My point of contention is mainly with the government making retroactive changes that are even bigger enablements for reckless behavior.  This increases unwanted debt and burdens us taxpayers.

This person in the medical field worked for a non-profit hospital and took out $400K loans at a 7.25%. They paid a total of $50K in interest-only payments over 10 years... and the loan increased to $500K.  The government forgave it!  WTF!  These Reddit subs say congrats.  

Even this crazy amount could have been paid back with sacrifice.

Stupid and weak.   

As a Christian conservative Republican,  I'm so enraged right now that I say to HELL with those pesky Ten Commandments! There an impedicant to what America needs!

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

The GI Bill is not loan forgiveness.

I support affordable education, but loan forgiveness in its current format, with this much national debt, with our current taxes, with the mother milk enablement, is unacceptable.

12 minutes ago, jross said:

The GI Bill is not loan forgiveness.

I support affordable education, but loan forgiveness in its current format, with this much national debt, with our current taxes, with the mother milk enablement, is unacceptable.

I agree!  Why, anyone who lived off big gubment checks, and continue to get big gubment welfare, are NOT loan forgivnicists!

I'm enraged that any of these wokecicist libberols would think otherwise!

Edited by Ban Basketball
  • Clown 1

26 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

As a Christian conservative Republican,  I'm so enraged right now that I say to HELL with those pesky Ten Commandments! There an impedicant to what America needs!

This wouldn't be an issue if the government and loan-takers were 'active-practicing' conservative Christians.  The country would have a monetary surplus, and people would pay their dues.  Education would also be affordable.

https://www.cofo.edu/About is an example.

The 10 commandments say you shouldn't steal (government retro program, taxes, not paying loans), covet (people spending on their covets and not paying bills, politicians going after votes), honor your parents (pay your dues), etc.  The 10 commandments do not directly help your sarcastic criticism. 

The New Testament contains teachings that emphasize compassion, generosity, and helping those in need.  This is a bit open to interpretation.  My idea of help is to put these people through educational programs that teach them how to live within their means and honor their financial obligations.  I can pay taxes for that.  Full loan forgiveness is the opposite of helping these people.

The NT also says “Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” Matthew 22:21.  The bible says a lot about personal responsibility... fiscal responsibility.

Edited by jross
Adjusted sentence. Also FWIW: Agnostic for most my adult life but raised Christian
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, jross said:

This wouldn't be an issue if the government and loan-takers were 'active-practicing' conservative Christians.  The country would have a monetary surplus, and people would pay their dues.  Education would also be affordable.

The 10 commandments say you shouldn't steal (government retro program, taxes, not paying loans), covet (people spending on their covets and not paying bills, politicians going after votes), honor your parents (pay your dues), etc.  The 10 commandments do not directly help your sarcastic criticism. 

The New Testament contains teachings that emphasize compassion, generosity, and helping those in need.  This is a bit open to interpretation.  My idea of help is to put these people through educational programs that teach them how to live within their means and honor their financial obligations.  I can pay taxes for that.  Full loan forgiveness is the opposite of helping these people.

The NT also says “Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” Matthew 22:21.  The bible says a lot about personal responsibility... fiscal responsibility.

I agree! When I need a derned good enraging there is nuttin like the words of Jesus that'll get me there!

Thanks for real Christianercy!

image.png

Edited by Ban Basketball
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

Does anyone else find it odd that the educated “smart” people NEED the uneducated “stupid” people to help pay for their education???  You just can’t make this shit up.  

It does seem odd to me.

13 minutes ago, jross said:

I believe this will go right over someone's head. But you tried.

• Fire 2

5 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

It does seem odd to me.

Me too! Brainiaccicists!

• Clown 1

9 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I believe this will go right over someone's head. But you tried.

I know! These stoopid libruls won't catch a thing! Not like us over leveraged "farmers" who somehow blame Carter for our failures.

I'm enraged!

Edited by Ban Basketball
  • Clown 1