141: tOSU 7-3
149: tOSU 7-6
157: PSU 10-6
165: PSU 14-6
174: PSU 18-6
184: PSU: 21-6
197: PSU 25-6
285: PSU 29-6

I could actually see Rogotzke beating Truax. And, Nagao is sick, and could easily give up a big move to Bouzakis if he’s not on. I could also see Penn State blanking Ohio State if Bartlett’s counter game is solid, and D’Emilio isn’t great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Fire 1

This dual is gonna be ugly.

125 - Davis MD McCrone - 4-0 PSU

133 - Nagao dec Bouzakis - 7-0 PSU

141 - Mendez dec BB - 7-3 PSU

149 - D'Emilio dec Kasak - 7-6 PSU

157 - Haines dec Wilcox - 10-6 PSU

165 - Messenbrink TF Hepner - 15-6 PSU

174 - Starocci MD Welsh - 19-6 PSU

184 - Truax dec Rogotzke/Shumate - 22-6 PSU

197 - Brooks TF Geog - 27-6 PSU

285 - Kerkvliet MD Feldman - 31-6 PSU

125 - Davis dec McCrone - 3-0 

133 - Nagao dec Bouzakis - 6-0 

141 - Mendez dec BB - 6-3 

149 - D'Emilio dec Kasak - 6-6 

157 - Haines dec Wilcox - 9-6 

165 - Mesenbrink tech Hepner - 14-6 

174 - Starocci dec Welsh - 17-6

184 - Rogotzke fall Truax 17-12 (Upset Special)

197 - Brooks dec Geog - 20-12 

285 - Kerkvliet dec Feldman - 23-12 Nittany Lions

• Fire 2

With Stallrocci as the new heel, with the PSU staff trying to instigate against Maryland--Dude, you beat them by 400 points just lay off--and with the PSU fans on this board defending all of those shenanigans and more, I'm starting to see a bad case of Iowaitis. 

They have a fever, and the only prescription is more Professor Carl!

JOMBO8.jpg

I’m excited for Star vs Welch. No one ever tries to push the pace against Carter. I don’t think Welch knows how to go backwards.  so this will be a fun match. I think Carter wins comfortably but it’s going to be fun watching 2 guys scrap for 7 minutes

Edited by Pish
  • Fire 3

2 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

With Stallrocci as the new heel, with the PSU staff trying to instigate against Maryland--Dude, you beat them by 400 points just lay off--and with the PSU fans on this board defending all of those shenanigans and more, I'm starting to see a bad case of Iowaitis. 

They have a fever, and the only prescription is more Professor Carl!

JOMBO8.jpg

Sta(l)rocci was a punk long before that dual.

If you were to look for a heel on the team prior to that most people would have said Sta(l)rocci, as it were.

That said... this is entirely on the Maryland coaching staff for not preparing their squad appropriately.

• Fire 3

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

I thought Ohio State was going to be whipped by Michigan, so I'm definitely not going to take them to win more than one match against Penn State - assuming both teams are at full strength.

I think Mendez is the the only OSU wrestler I'd predict a win for and that's against a guy ranked No. 2 in the country, so I think it's safe to say that's in the toss-up category...even if I think Mendez is in full beast mode and might walk out with a major 🙂 

That said, PSU won't send everyone out there and OSU will win 2-3 matches. 

Nagao might get 3 minutes of riding time against Bouzakis. 

• Fire 1

Everyone picking Mendez over Bartlett. Interesting. I understand why, but IMO, Mendez is the perfect style for Bartlett to expose. 

I’ll take Beau in a 3 takedown to one match (all 3 takedowns will be counters to Mendez)

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Pish said:

Everyone picking Mendez over Bartlett. Interesting. I understand why, but IMO, Mendez is the perfect style for Bartlett to expose. 

I’ll take Beau in a 3 takedown to one match (all 3 takedowns will be counters to Mendez)

I agree on this take.  Bartlett wrestles close matches against guys afraid to lose and he tends to win comfortably against guys who aren't afraid to open up a little bit.  Mendez isn't afraid to press the accelerator to the floor.  It will either work or it won't.  A 3 to 1 advantage one way or the other is how I see it.

• Fire 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

6 hours ago, flyingcement said:

133 - Nagao dec Bouzakis - 6-0 

141 - Mendez dec BB - 6-3 

149 - D'Emilio dec Kasak - 6-6 

157 - Haines dec Wilcox - 9-6 

165 - Mesenbrink tech Hepner - 14-6 

174 - Starocci dec Welsh - 17-6

184 - Rogotzke fall Truax 17-12 (Upset Special)

197 - Brooks dec Geog - 20-12 

285 - Kerkvliet dec Feldman - 23-12 Nittany Lions

Your prediction looks more reasonable. I think Gage's prediction is off a little bit. It will be good match, the 6 freshman for Ohio State will be really challenged and tested but I don't think they will back down. Big  fan of both programs. Nephew was a 2 time all-American for Penn State.

• Fire 2

56 minutes ago, Pish said:

I will take that bet. 

• Fire 1

133 - Bouzakis maj Shunk - 3-4 

141 - Mendez dec BB - 3-7 

149 - D'Emilio dec Kasak - 3-10 

157 - Haines dec Wilcox - 6-10 

165 - Mesenbrink tech Hepner - 11-10 

174 - Starocci dec Welsh - 14-10

184 - Rogotzke dec Truax 14-13 

197 - Brooks dec Geog - 17-13 

285 - Kerkvliet dec Feldman - 20-13 PSU

1 hour ago, Pish said:

I think it will be a hard fought very close match. It will go right down to the wire. It will be some great wrestling.

125 - McCrone dec davis  - 125 insanity continues mccrone gets a turn or hits a jonesy like he did against eddie (just a gut feeling) 3-0 OSU

133 - Nagao major bouzakis - 4-3 psu

141 - Mendez dec BB -  6-4 OSU

149 - D'Emilio dec Kasak -  9-4 OSU

157 - Haines dec Wilcox - 9-7 OSU

165 - Mesenbrink major Hepner - 11-9 PSU

174 - Starocci major Welsh - 15-9 PSU

184 - Truax dec  rogotzke 18-9 psu

197 - Brooks TF Geog - 24-9 psu

285 - Kerkvliet dec Feldman - 27-9 PSU

leduke is a bully of a man taking revenge because I said psu will never be in a, 'dual of the year.' :classic_cool:
8-2 psu.

I must admit I had you in mind when crafting the headline, yes.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Pish said:

If this were last year, I'd agree completely, but this year's version of Bartlett hasn't been exposing anyone of note. 

He's only scored 9 points in three matches this year, twice against Lehigh wrestlers and against Maryland this weekend. 

He's definitely not a pushover - he's unbeaten after all - and I agree that his style makes for close matches, but he just looks a little off. 

Saying all of that, a conference dual against a top guy in your own gym tends to motivate people, so who knows. 

Also, I'm pretty sure that the only thing that matters for Bartlett at this point is the NCAA tournament, so maybe he's using the regular season to condition and work on situational wrestling in live matches. He's probably playing 3D chess with Cael and will tech his way through the NCAAs. 

• Fire 1

If this were last year, I'd agree completely, but this year's version of Bartlett hasn't been exposing anyone of note. 
He's only scored 9 points in three matches this year, twice against Lehigh wrestlers and against Maryland this weekend. 
He's definitely not a pushover - he's unbeaten after all - and I agree that his style makes for close matches, but he just looks a little off. 
Saying all of that, a conference dual against a top guy in your own gym tends to motivate people, so who knows. 
Also, I'm pretty sure that the only thing that matters for Bartlett at this point is the NCAA tournament, so maybe he's using the regular season to condition and work on situational wrestling in live matches. He's probably playing 3D chess with Cael and will tech his way through the NCAAs. 

Keep in mind, 7 weeks ago this guy beat Pletcher, Kolodzik and McKenna on the same day.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

133 - Bouzakis maj Shunk - 3-4 

141 - Mendez dec BB - 3-7 

149 - D'Emilio dec Kasak - 3-10 

157 - Haines dec Wilcox - 6-10 

165 - Mesenbrink tech Hepner - 11-10 

174 - Starocci dec Welsh - 14-10

184 - Rogotzke dec Truax 14-13 

197 - Brooks dec Geog - 17-13 

285 - Kerkvliet dec Feldman - 20-13 PSU

Yawn. Your next serious post will be your first.