Nebraska vs Iowa

Just now, Ohio Elite said:

Nebraska football roster has him listed at 6'4 330lbs. That's a big boy!

They typically add a good amount of weight in those.  I went to Michigan's Football States this last year

Also even if he did weigh 330lbs at the beginning of the season it is quite common for guys to lose weight throughout the year as they focus on football and not weight training or caloric intake as much.  He could have been as low as 300-310lbs by the end of the year.

He doesn't look sucked out around the neck, which would indicate a fair amount of weight being cut to get to our 285lb limit.

I remember going to a football game a few years back when Michigan had one of those kids who was trying to do both (Gaige Garcia).  He was listed at ~220lbs or something and one of the guys I was there with said he wasn't anywhere near that.  Said if he had wanted to wrestle 184lbs in two weeks he could, which would have put him around 190lbs.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

They typically add a good amount of weight in those.  I went to Michigan's Football States this last year

Also even if he did weigh 330lbs at the beginning of the season it is quite common for guys to lose weight throughout the year as they focus on football and not weight training or caloric intake as much.  He could have been as low as 300-310lbs by the end of the year.

He doesn't look sucked out around the neck, which would indicate a fair amount of weight being cut to get to our 285lb limit.

I remember going to a football game a few years back when Michigan had one of those kids who was trying to do both (Gaige Garcia).  He was listed at ~220lbs or something and one of the guys I was there with said he wasn't anywhere near that.  Said if he had wanted to wrestle 184lbs in two weeks he could, which would have put him around 190lbs.

In addition, I think his caloric intact was fairly high to try and keep that weight up for football.  There was an article (might be behind a paywall) that mentioned he cut out soda, lemonade and only eats 4 eggs now instead of the 8 he was eating during football. 

I imagine he didn't actually start at 330 and once he started eating better and attending wrestling practices the wight came off. 

Regardless, he is a full size 285 who is used to battling against 300+ lineman.  A match with The Cooter will be an interesting style matchup. 

• Fire 1

48 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

In addition, I think his caloric intact was fairly high to try and keep that weight up for football.  There was an article (might be behind a paywall) that mentioned he cut out soda, lemonade and only eats 4 eggs now instead of the 8 he was eating during football. 

I imagine he didn't actually start at 330 and once he started eating better and attending wrestling practices the wight came off. 

Regardless, he is a full size 285 who is used to battling against 300+ lineman.  A match with The Cooter will be an interesting style matchup. 

As a linebacker, Kueter also battles large linemen.

• Fire 1

On 1/10/2024 at 12:20 PM, HungusMungus said:

What kind of wrestling shape will Kueter be in, bowl game was two weeks ago. Nash has been in the room since early December since Nebraska wasn't in a bowl? 

Looking forward to that match up if it happens

Again, probably not in great wrestling shape, which could lead to him being held out.

However, a 20-30 lb lighter Kueter went to U20 Worlds with limited wrestling training and was able to absolutely wither opponents in order to win matches.  Was down 8-0 in semi and it looked like someone hit the "off switch" on his Ukrainian opponent.

Not sure this is still the case: a couple years later, 20-30 extra lbs of tissue competing for oxygen, larger opponents,  and probably completely off the mat since Spring.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

31 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Again, probably not in great wrestling shape, which could lead to him being held out.

However, a 20-30 lb lighter Kueter went to U20 Worlds with limited wrestling training and was able to absolutely wither opponents in order to win matches.  Was down 8-0 in semi and it looked like someone hit the "off switch" on his Ukrainian opponent.

Not sure this is still the case: a couple years later, 20-30 extra lbs of tissue competing for oxygen, larger opponents,  and probably completely off the mat since Spring.

But wasn't he on the roster back in Nov & didn't Tom say something about if up to him he'd wanta go last Fri but maybe Tom doesn't think this Fri isn the "right moment?"

Edited by ionel
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

As a linebacker, Kueter also battles large linemen.

Don't get me wrong, I think Kueter is the favorite if he goes as he is the better P4P wrestler and all around athlete just will be interesting considering the size different.  Kueter may not be in his best wrestling shape but I can't imagine he is that much of a disadvantage condition wise than Nash.  Heck, Nash hasn't even wrestled a full 6 minute match in the last 6 or so years.

My point with the lineman reference was to highlight Nash's strength advantage even if he is no longer 330.   Not that it matters but LBs typically use their hands to keep lineman off of them while DT are in the trenches trying to move lineman and gain leverage to control gap assignments. 

• Fire 3

If everyone here tunes in we can get an extra 100 viewers to pump the numbers. 

On a serious note, Keuter vs The Polar bear would make this dual worth it no matter the outcome of anything else. 

I say throw them both out there, even if they gas out quick it’ll be epic to have that matchup take place in a dual, possibly for the win.

Edited by FanOfPurdueWrestling
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

I say throw them both out there, even if they gas out quick it’ll be epic to have that matchup take place in a dual, possibly for the win.

A potential rematch of the epically bad Alton v. Grajales match... Sign me up!

Edited by Dogbone
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

A potential rematch of the epically bad Alton v. Grajales match... Sign me up!

The greatest 17 minutes of wrestling a fan could ever ask for

i am an idiot on the internet

4 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Then how can you even "think" that the probable lineup is posted there......? 😂

4 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Then how can you even "think" that the probable lineup is posted there......? 😂

That's how 

received_726360736108051.jpeg

received_726360736108051.jpeg