Iowa AD said no to AJ

46 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

He should have 3 years left including this one, but I believe he’d have to apply for a medical shirt for 2022 first (2021 didn’t count, last year while he was out counts as a year).

Sounds like he is eligible for an ORS this year, but I know I read/heard somewhere he wanted to wrestle this year, so your second question would be my main one.  I assume he had gone through the enrollment process with Iowa, but while I’m no admissions person so could be wrong, I can’t imagine he can still enroll for the spring semester at a D1 school at this point…

I do not think he qualifies for an Olympic redshirt. And I think he wrestled too many matches in 2022 to get a medical.

If he does not wrestle this year he cannot be a four timer.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

18 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

And then Bergen Catholic for the rest of the season, and probably not much longer.  Correct?

I don't believe it was even for the rest of the season. I think part of the issue was that they weren't eligible for the post season based on the timing of the transfer. (Going off of memory)

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I do not think he qualifies for an Olympic redshirt. And I think he wrestled too many matches in 2022 to get a medical.

You are forgetting the Legal Redshirt year.  😉

58 minutes ago, KLCarnegieTech_1969 said:

I cannot imagine Coaches Manning, Pendleton, Dresser or anyone with a shred of dignity agreeing to take the kid.  It would be like agreeing to foster mentally challenged triplets. He is an untreated sociopath.  Thank God if the Iowa AD said no.  Not a huge Hawkeye fan but would hate to see anything happen to its reputation and tradition.  Sigh of relief.  My two cents. 

Dresser took Echemendia, so you never know!

• Fire 6

11 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

You may be right about the medical, but sounds like he qualifies for Olympic based on cadet world bronze

• Fire 1

13 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Snark alert. Absent Aaron Brooks getting run over by a bus (or someone hitting his car doing 100 mph in the wrong lane) AJ isn't going to be a 4 timer even if Northern Colorado gives him a singlet this yeat.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

He should have 3 years left including this one, but I believe he’d have to apply for a medical shirt for 2022 first (2021 didn’t count, last year while he was out counts as a year).

Sounds like he is eligible for an ORS this year, but I know I read/heard somewhere he wanted to wrestle this year, so your second question would be my main one.  I assume he had gone through the enrollment process with Iowa, but while I’m no admissions person so could be wrong, I can’t imagine he can still enroll for the spring semester at a D1 school at this point…

That sounds right. The general rule has always been "5 years to compete 4 seasons" plus the assorted shirts and pandemic seasons thrown in. I didn't realize he was eligble to ORS this year but he is.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

There you go

either you are an extreme insider with better information than @vhsalum or you just have not read up on the other threads yet, because he sounds like it is a no-go for AJ at Iowa
He’s also right.

Door is closed on this semester. Tom wants him to Olympic shirt and then try again in the fall. It would take a lot of work I don’t think AJ is capable of.

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

Just now, PortaJohn said:

There you go

either you are an extreme insider with better information than @vhsalum or you just have not read up on the other threads yet, because he sounds like it is a no-go for AJ at Iowa
He’s also right.

Door is closed on this semester. Tom wants him to Olympic shirt and then try again in the fall. It would take a lot of work I don’t think AJ is capable of.

Why can't this just die already

• Fire 2

3 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

There you go

He’s also right.

If the AD is the one that said no, why would waiting change her mind?

14 minutes ago, dragit said:

Snark alert. Absent Aaron Brooks getting run over by a bus (or someone hitting his car doing 100 mph in the wrong lane) AJ isn't going to be a 4 timer even if Northern Colorado gives him a singlet this yeat.

Maybe that is the answer. In an over elaborate plan to duck Brooks, while not appearing to duck Brooks, Ferrari decided to go for the "I am Number 1 in both Intermat and Flo rankings" salute to ensure he does not wrestle this year, but still preserves his shot at four?

• Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

The dad appears to have substantial sway.  Does he honestly not understand that the behavior is unacceptable for student athletes, or does he facilitate this because he thinks that the notoriety derived from lawless and/or classless behavior will be ultimately financially rewarding through WWE, UFC, internet sales, etc.?

• Fire 3

40 minutes ago, dragit said:

The dad appears to have substantial sway.  Does he honestly not understand that the behavior is unacceptable for student athletes, or does he facilitate this because he thinks that the notoriety derived from lawless and/or classless behavior will be ultimately financially rewarding through WWE, UFC, internet sales, etc.?

It's kind of sad, really. The dad has probably dreamed of his 3 sons wrestling at the same program for their entire lives. Unfortunately he's raised a minimum of two sociopaths and the family appears to enjoy the death grip he has on their futures.

6 minutes ago, alex1fly said:

It's kind of sad, really. The dad has probably dreamed of his 3 sons wrestling at the same program for their entire lives. Unfortunately he's raised a minimum of two sociopaths and the family appears to enjoy the death grip he has on their futures.

Agree.  Particularly because he comes across as an intelligent guy in his interviews, which makes his directing of this s#%$@ show so surprising and tragic.  

• Fire 1