57kg…who ya got?

I'm hoping for lee, not because I like him particulary but I have to see what this guy can do healthy on s senior world stage....they'll be a sense of ultimte truth in that, meaning it will answer a bunch of questions.

• Fire 2

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

Are we all out of last chances?

One more last chance I believe. He also may already be qualified for one reason or another. I have trouble keeping up, I just enjoy the iterative and increasingly insane brackets the Olympic cycle has been producing to make the team. 

6 minutes ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

One more last chance I believe. He also may already be qualified for one reason or another. I have trouble keeping up, I just enjoy the iterative and increasingly insane brackets the Olympic cycle has been producing to make the team. 

To continue on this, imagine winning a bracket with Fix, Suriano, Lee, etc. and then having to Go win a 16 man bracket full of the winners amongst winners. This is my first Olympics as a “real” fan and I cannot wait! 

• Fire 1

Sans brackets, here is my terrible 57kg ranking of those already qualified + Suriano who is expected to qualify at Last Chance. Of these competitors I only expect Lee, Richards, and #s 8-12 to wrestle day 2 if they are sent to the backside.

1. Spencer Lee
  2. Vito Arujau
  3. Zane Richards
  4. Thomas Gilman
  5. Daton Fix
  6. Nick Suriano
  7. Nico Megaludis
  8. Luke Lilledahl
  9. Marcus Blaze
  10. Liam Cronin
  11. Daniel DeShazer
  12. *NCAA champ

Edited by bnwtwg
Forgot the NCAA champ because 125 is an afterthought this year
  • Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

Sans brackets, here is my terrible 57kg ranking of those already qualified + Suriano who is expected to qualify at Last Chance. Of these competitors I only expect Lee, Richards, and #s 8-12 to wrestle day 2 if they are sent to the backside.

1. Spencer Lee
  2. Vito Arujau
  3. Zane Richards
  4. Thomas Gilman
  5. Daton Fix
  6. Nick Suriano
  7. Nico Megaludis
  8. Luke Lilledahl
  9. Marcus Blaze
  10. Liam Cronin
  11. Daniel DeShazer
  12. *NCAA champ

Not sure what you are saying.   You expect everyone to wrestleback if they lose?   I'm thinking Lee, Gilman, Richards at the very least would not.   Arujau I don't think will, as he has further NCAA competition to do as well as international aspirations and won't want to get injured.   The others, may.   I don't see Lee, Richards, or Gilman trying to get one of the 3 spots on the Olympic team if they lose.  

mspart

Saw Zane Richards at the Midlands and got to shake his hand. He is totally jacked and ready to go. Tomorrow at the Zagreb ranking tournament he could see some familiar faces. Some of the entries include China's Wanhao Zou, Thomas Gilman, Horst Lehr, Aman from India as well as wrestlers from Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey. For American Freestyle fans, you can also expect Darian Cruz representing Puerto Rico and Brandon Courtney. 

Wrestling starts at 3:00 am (Central). Hope to see y'all back here! 

16 hours ago, mspart said:

Not sure what you are saying.   You expect everyone to wrestleback if they lose?   I'm thinking Lee, Gilman, Richards at the very least would not.   Arujau I don't think will, as he has further NCAA competition to do as well as international aspirations and won't want to get injured.   The others, may.   I don't see Lee, Richards, or Gilman trying to get one of the 3 spots on the Olympic team if they lose.  

mspart

I hope Arujau is done with NCAA by this point.  He would be 25 next year.