If the Iowa AD ...

ionel

15 hours ago, Idaho said:

I am guessing that the larger NIL amounts will have a contract attached. I don't see any wiggle room for handshake deals. My understanding from a personal experience is that there has to be proof that there has been a service of some kind in exchange for the money.... but I am sure that there are people on  here that are more knowledgable... but to your point, yeah I would want my money back.

All NILs have contracts, otherwise it's not "NIL" cash.

1 hour ago, RYou said:

All NILs have contracts, otherwise it's not "NIL" cash.

Yeah, but they can’t be tied to athletic performance or actually being on a particular team, right?

Although I imagine throwing punches and the double bird split might violate some sort of ethics clause…

Yeah, but they can’t be tied to athletic performance or actually being on a particular team, right?
Although I imagine throwing punches and the double bird split might violate some sort of ethics clause…

Slumlord Supreme and Iowa fans eat this up. This is “attitude” and “tough wrestling” that has, apparently, been missing. A key component to their Gable days.

Slumlord Supreme is going to pay Ferrari no matter what. He’s that desperate. Whether it drives recruits away from the program is a secondary effect he might not have considered, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Slumlord Supreme and Iowa fans eat this up. This is “attitude” and “tough wrestling” that has, apparently, been missing. A key component to their Gable days.

Slumlord Supreme is going to pay Ferrari no matter what. He’s that desperate. Whether it drives recruits away from the program is a secondary effect he might not have considered, though.

I think you're wrong about this.  I'm pretty sure he was getting booed.

To be fair, there are a lot of PSU fans voting yes in this poll. But there is one notable Iowa fan too, whose vote may count more than others:
image.thumb.png.7fe07e4902925b02af8d8a610923f16d.png

Slumlord Supreme!

He’s leveling the playing field!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalki
  • Fire 1

31 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

How many of those are fans from other schools?

At least 100 of the yes's are from other schools. They really think the Ferrari's would be a great fit for Iowa.

• Fire 1

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

I counted 15 for sure. How did you get at least 100?

I had not looked through the whole thread .  I didn't see that there was an actual list of the voters. I was  just messing with Weehawken by saying other teams would encourage Iowa to take in the Ferrari Clan. 

• Fire 2

Posted (edited)

So do we think the phone call has occurred, will Tom make a public statement?  Given AJ publically apologized it does seem Tom needs to publically accept or reject and confirm if Iowa is still pursuing the Ferrari.  He is also on the HWC board, one would think there could or should be a statement from HWC.

btw:  I'd really enjoy hearing the AD's opinion on spankings.  

Edited by ionel

At least 100 of the yes's are from other schools. They really think the Ferrari's would be a great fit for Iowa.

Two thoughts on this:

1) Other schools want Iowa to implode. Seems plausible. However, I view this as shortsighted; not thinking about the long game.

2) If Iowa implodes, and the AD has to fire TnT, they might get a real coach from the 21st century. They might win more than 1 title a decade then, and I can’t have that. I think he’s biding his time in State College until he’s done with competition and Cael retires, but I don’t want DT to be lured away with a seven figure salary by Iowa.

• Fire 1

24 minutes ago, ionel said:

So do we think the phone call has occurred, will Tom make a public statement?  Given AJ publically apologized it does seem Tom needs to publically accept or reject and confirm if Iowa is still pursuing the Ferrari.  He is also on the HWC board, one would think there could or should be a statement from HWC.

btw:  I'd really enjoy hearing the AD's opinion on spankings.  

You know there is zero chance Brands comments about Ferrari unless he becomes part of the University of Iowa’s team

22 hours ago, Le duke said:

Yeah.

Specifically, he should apologize to Glazier, the referee, and his coaches, by name, for the specific things he did.

His “apology” is an “I’m only sorry because it might impact my bottom line”, as written. It’s bullshit.

22 hours ago, Paul158 said:

I agree. Unacceptable.

I agree that he should apologize to Glazier, the ref, the coaches, etc.. That being said, do those apologies need to be public for us to see? He could have already made these apologies (I doubt he has). If I was a member of the team, him apologizing to everyone behind closed doors, with nothing to gain in the eyes of public perception, would go further than some public twitter/instagram apology. 

• Fire 1

19 minutes ago, Gus said:

I agree that he should apologize to Glazier, the ref, the coaches, etc.. That being said, do those apologies need to be public for us to see? He could have already made these apologies (I doubt he has). If I was a member of the team, him apologizing to everyone behind closed doors, with nothing to gain in the eyes of public perception, would go further than some public twitter/instagram apology. 

Agreed . Maybe he will figure it out and be sincere. You only get so many chances in life before you burn down all your bridges. 

My point was that his apology was bullshit.

It was “if you were offended”. He literally didn’t apologize for his actions. That’s trash, but completely in line for AJ Ferrari.

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Le duke said:

My point was that his apology was bullshit.

It was “if you were offended”. He literally didn’t apologize for his actions. That’s trash, but completely in line for AJ Ferrari.

It is very fair to question the sincerity of the apology because of who it is coming from. That being said, it was a genuine apology from the standpoint of the content. The apology expresses regret and disappointment in his actions and behavior (not others feelings toward the behavior). Whether it is sincere is a whole other can of worms. I have my doubts...

• Fire 2

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Gus said:

That being said, it was a genuine apology from the standpoint of the content. The apology expresses regret and disappointment in his actions and behavior (not others feelings toward the behavior). 

How do we know if it was genuine, who made or wrote the apology, expenses who's regret?  

Did anyone actually see him make an apology?

Edited by ionel
  • Fire 1

I love that Chael Sonnen was so upset about hot takes on this subject that he couldn't even pull his car over in order to issue his hot take. So silly.

And by the way, the rule is Rule 5, Section 5, Article 3. It is easier to find from the side of the road.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

14 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I love that Chael Sonnen was so upset about hot takes on this subject that he couldn't even pull his car over in order to issue his hot take. So silly.

And by the way, the rule is Rule 5, Section 5, Article 3. It is easier to find from the side of the road.

And I like how he complains about people saying it was correct without citing chapter and verse- with he himself not citing chapter and verse AND being wrong in his conclusion.

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

To be fair, there are a lot of PSU fans voting yes in this poll. But there is one notable Iowa fan too, whose vote may count more than others:

image.thumb.png.7fe07e4902925b02af8d8a610923f16d.png

He even managed to pay off MSU158 for a  Yea vote

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted