No BS...Is AJ wrestling this year?

The_KC_Godfather

10 hours ago, 1032004 said:

He does not yet appear to be enrolled.

But I don’t see why he would have just cut 20 lbs or so if he wasn’t expecting to wrestle this season

This is the person who also claimed he was 225 with 5% body fat. Do you think he actually lost 20lbs of muscle?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

My guess is next year, at Iowa. Don't know how much eligibility he'd have left but I think it's a wash this season. Wouldn't be shocked if he tried getting back down to 197 as it really clears out after this year. 

He would have two years left, next year and the year after. His eligibility clock is running. If he does not wrestle this year he effectively loses a year.

He is in the 6 years to use 5 group (with one of those 5 being 2021).

• 2021 wrestled.
  • 2022 wrestled partial year, but too much to take injury shirt.
  • 2023 used one of his 6 years without wrestling.
  • 2024 uses one of his 6 years whether he wrestles, or not.
  • 2025 ?
  • 2026 ?

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

45 minutes ago, Le duke said:

This is the person who also claimed he was 225 with 5% body fat. Do you think he actually lost 20lbs of muscle?

I mean I wasn’t studying them, but he did look smaller to me in the Iowa photos than others he’s posted in the past few months

40 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

He would have two years left, next year and the year after. His eligibility clock is running. If he does not wrestle this year he effectively loses a year.

He is in the 6 years to use 5 group (with one of those 5 being 2021).

• 2021 wrestled.
  • 2022 wrestled partial year, but too much to take injury shirt.
  • 2023 used one of his 6 years without wrestling.
  • 2024 uses one of his 6 years whether he wrestles, or not.
  • 2025 ?
  • 2026 ?

What's your take on what he does next? Even though you're supposed to know nothing. 

37 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

What's your take on what he does next? Even though you're supposed to know nothing. 

My guess is he is working hard to get into the Iowa lineup for second semester. He would like nothing better than to stop Brooks from being a four timer and keeping his hopes for four alive at the same time. But I do not know if he can even get into the school to get into the lineup.

That said, even if he cannot get into the school and does not get his chance to be any more than a flash in the pan, one timer, I do not see him changing anything about his string of illogical hashtags.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hammerlock3 said:

if he really is shooting for next year then his social media campaign on the subject is idiotic...

It's been talked about like its nearly set in stone, so the post about him doing a campus visit - rather than being listed on the official roster - seemed like confusing news.

• Fire 1

32 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

My guess is he is working hard to get into the Iowa lineup for second semester. He would like nothing better than to stop Brooks from being a four timer and keeping his hopes for four alive at the same time. But I do not know if he can even get into the school to get into the lineup.

That said, even if he cannot get into the school and does not get his chance to be any more than a flash in the pan, one timer, I do not see him changing anything about his string of illogical hashtags.

I like it.

If Iowa has 2 Ferrari bros in their lineup it could bode well for competing with PSU (And Ohio St, obv) 

14 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

if he really is shooting for next year then his social media campaign on the subject is idiotic...

See SteveNson, GablLe.

edit: in addition to earning the N he gets an extra L for taking the real wrestling lose.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

I'm not sure what the consensus will be, but I would expect Brooks to defeat AJ Ferrari 7 or 8 times out of ten.  If they only face two or three times, Brooks could easily sweep the series.  Primarily because I think Ferrari hasn't shown enough high level offense to compete with someone like Brooks.  

Edited by flyingcement
  • Fire 3

11 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I'm not sure what the consensus will be, but I would expect Brooks to defeat AJ Ferrari 7 or 8 times out of ten.  If they only face two or three times, Brooks could easily sweep the series.  Primarily because I think Ferrari hasn't shown enough high level offense to compete with someone like Brooks.  

You may be right. Was thinking Ferraris size will let him slow it down a bit and make it real tough for Brooks to finish on him. But Brooks is one of the best in the world, and its hard to see anyone slowing him down.

• Fire 2