125s that are capable of winning a title

flyingcement

38 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

So what you’re saying is…Stanich to the transfer portal?

No, I doubt that. I would think Stanich will red shirt this year and then Crookham and him will be the 133 and 141 of the future.....as for McGonagle I just don't know, he has 1 more year after this eligibility wise.......will be his 6th year at Lehigh, he may choose to graduate transfer or he may stay to see what happens, I can't see him at 149 though, just doesn't have the frame.......is a shame, he's been a heck of a battler for Lehigh and improved thru injuries and weight changes.....

Edited by Spladle88

9 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

In all seriousness I had been very hopeful for McKee leading up to this year. Finally got the knee surgery he needed, rules on weigh ins changed to allow more time before competition, etc.

Then he wrestled the worst match I’ve ever seen out of him and got his ass whooped by Tanner Jordan, who he’d beaten almost double digit times before.

McKee is the definition of Had Enough Wrestling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree 1000%, he will be yet another year 6 guy who is sick of the weight cut and long term effects on his body with the style he wrestles. I wish we had Spratley to be honest as they will have similar NCAA results finishing short of AA status. McKee has struggled on bottom the last year.

I think all the ranking services should rank "Nobody" at the #1 position for 125 pounds each week until or unless a big dog (clear favorite) emerges to legitimately take over the spot.   

It seems like at least once a week that one or more of the top ranked guys goes down to defeat.  Perhaps its a variation on the so-called Sports Illustrated Cover Curse.

Sarcastic election campaign message, vote for nobody, no one will help you.  Anonymous politician, question mark symbol as fictitious voting candidate  Stock Photo - Alamy

11 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

In all seriousness I had been very hopeful for McKee leading up to this year. Finally got the knee surgery he needed, rules on weigh ins changed to allow more time before competition, etc.

Then he wrestled the worst match I’ve ever seen out of him and got his ass whooped by Tanner Jordan, who he’d beaten almost double digit times before.

McKee is the definition of Had Enough Wrestling.

Nah, it's still early season and a tough time for weight cutters.

McKee will come around in January and be more than fine. I expect a big final year for Patrick.

• Fire 2

McKee will be fine come tournament time if he remains healthy.  Another run at NCAAs will happen.   Anyone thats watched either of the McKee brothers knows that the regular season dual matches (wins/losses) aren’t something they really concern themselves with. Especially bad losses. 

Nah, it's still early season and a tough time for weight cutters.
McKee will come around in January and be more than fine. I expect a big final year for Patrick.

I would love this very much for both him and the team. It’s entirely possible I’m being too pessimistic which has happened before. The way his year went last year was not encouraging though.

13 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

McKee will be fine come tournament time if he remains healthy.  Another run at NCAAs will happen.   Anyone thats watched either of the McKee brothers knows that the regular season dual matches (wins/losses) aren’t something they really concern themselves with. Especially bad losses. 

This is the oldest that any McKee has been in college. Mitchell never redshirted and was appearing to have HEW at age 22. Patrick started to show similar at age 22-23 last season and has not wrestled well this year. I would of rather seen him at 133 this season.

59 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

This is the oldest that any McKee has been in college. Mitchell never redshirted and was appearing to have HEW at age 22. Patrick started to show similar at age 22-23 last season and has not wrestled well this year. I would of rather seen him at 133 this season.

If I’m him I’m staying at 125. 133 has far tougher competition at the top. 125 is wide open.  Both McKees suffered from HEW during the dual season before 22. 

3 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

If I’m him I’m staying at 125. 133 has far tougher competition at the top. 125 is wide open.  Both McKees suffered from HEW during the dual season before 22. 

Thing is everyone is remember his Covid year and redo sophomore years in 2021 and 2022. He got 6th at big tens last year and lost rd of 16 to Dean Peterson last year. I am like most MN fans, we want to see it but it’s doubtful we do again.

10 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Thing is everyone is remember his Covid year and redo sophomore years in 2021 and 2022. He got 6th at big tens last year and lost rd of 16 to Dean Peterson last year. I am like most MN fans, we want to see it but it’s doubtful we do again.

More doubtful at 133 

3 hours ago, Gantry said:

Has a #1 guy ever lost three matches in one day before like Camacho did?

With all due respect to Camacho - how did he actually earn that rank? He beat Ramos which is impressive but that's not enough on its own for a guy who has been around awhile and never AAd (in my opinion)

5 hours ago, flyingcement said:

With all due respect to Camacho - how did he actually earn that rank? He beat Ramos which is impressive but that's not enough on its own for a guy who has been around awhile and never AAd (in my opinion)

When everyone else is taking losses, it kinda is.

3 of his 4 losses at NCAA’s are to guys that graduated.  Prior to this season, his only losses to guys in the current field were to Barnett and Surtin.  In 2022 he had wins over Ayala and Caleb Smith, as well as Latona.

Speaking of Surtin, IMO he should be #1 now, and he would fit your same definition of “a guy that’s been around awhile and has never AA’d.”  It’s gotta be either him or Noto, but Noto lost to Ramos at the All-Star and Surtin did pin Noto in their only meeting at 2022 NCAA’s.

IMO it should be an easy ranking to put Noto at #1. He’s technically undefeated on the year. And is the highest returning place winner other than Ramos who has taken several losses. Yes Ramos beat him in an exhibition match, but that should be weighed lower in ranking criteria 

4 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

IMO it should be an easy ranking to put Noto at #1. He’s technically undefeated on the year. And is the highest returning place winner other than Ramos who has taken several losses. Yes Ramos beat him in an exhibition match, but that should be weighed lower in ranking criteria 

Yea it might depend how the rankers consider the All-Start match.  I don't know if anyone "weighs it lower," I think they either count it as a regular match (Flo), or that it didn't happen at all (Intermat).  If it didn't happen at all then it's Noto for sure.   If it happened I could still see it as Noto, but I don't think it's "easy" and Surtin has an argument IMO.

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Yea it might depend how the rankers consider the All-Start match.  I don't know if anyone "weighs it lower," I think they either count it as a regular match (Flo), or that it didn't happen at all (Intermat).  If it didn't happen at all then it's Noto for sure.   If it happened I could still see it as Noto, but I don't think it's "easy" and Surtin has an argument IMO.

It didn't happen, was like two kid scuffling in the back yard or a practice room match, no one saw it.  🙄

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Yes, I do agree with that. It does seem as though some pretend it doesn’t even exist (like the seeding committee) and some count it just the same as a regular match (like Flo). My thought is that it should be considered in rankings (and not seedings), but I wouldn’t give it as much weight because it’s an exhibition. That’s totally just my opinion though. It was definitely a bit of hyperbole for me to say “easy” ranking. I don’t envy the rankers jobs and you are right that Surtin definitely has an argument 

13 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Next on the ranking that moved up... The massive duck would be to just not wrestle until conference - you might be #1 by then. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐