Cliff Keen Las Vegas Wrestling Invitational

Idaho

12 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Parris is not a better technician, but I believe he is a significantly better wrestler. Parris has elite physical intangibles that more than make up for his lack of elite technical prowess. Everyone knows his hi-c is coming. It’s the only move he has. And nearly everyone is incapable of stopping it.

I think you are equating a wide array of attacks with superior technique. Parris has elite hand fighting and positioning. Are you going to see Parris or Cass tilting guys or using a lot of slick takedowns!? No, but they have mastered the techniques that they use. If Hendrickson is the technical master you are claiming, he would beat these top guys. He is a large man that surely looks to have plenty of horsepower. 

4 minutes ago, Gus said:

I think you are equating a wide array of attacks with superior technique. Parris has elite hand fighting and positioning. Are you going to see Parris or Cass tilting guys or using a lot of slick takedowns!? No, but they have mastered the techniques that they use. If Hendrickson is the technical master you are claiming, he would beat these top guys. He is a large man that surely looks to have plenty of horsepower. 

We all have our opinions, it’s all good. And my opinion is that Hendrickson has much better technical prowess than Parris, however he cannot keep up with him and additionally will never grow his technical skills to their fullest potential because he chose to enlist. If Parris pins him in 30 seconds then I guess it doesn’t matter.

i am an idiot on the internet

2 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

We all have our opinions, it’s all good. And my opinion is that Hendrickson has much better technical prowess than Parris, however he cannot keep up with him and additionally will never grow his technical skills to their fullest potential because he chose to enlist. If Parris pins him in 30 seconds then I guess it doesn’t matter.

If Parris pins him in 0:30 then it is likely that the one or two moves that were performed in the entire match were executed with a much better technique by Parris than Hendrickson.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Are they just skipping the Consi Round of 4?  I assume that round goes off with the semis, since the winners of the former will then wrestle the losers of the latter right after that.

I imagine it runs with the semifinals.  I didn't catch that - good catch.

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I imagine it runs with the semifinals.  I didn't catch that - good catch.

Flo also skips it on their schedule.

So, starting at 1pm ET, they have semi-finals and consi round of 4.  Then they have consi semi-finals.  Then they have 5th/6th and 7th/8th place matches.  Then they break until 6pm for the championship and 3rd/4th place matches.

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Keck doing Keck things. The bag of magic Pinto beans ends tomorrow morning. Excited for the finals tomorrow and hopefully Hidlay is more engaged than last March.

No one's beating Keckeisen.  He's already shelled Hidlay twice before.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

3 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

No one's beating Keckeisen.  He's already shelled Hidlay twice before.

Shelled him twice?

Keck beat an injured Hidlay in OT a few minutes after Hidlay had also lost to Brooks in OT at NCAAs last year - when Keck was also well rested.

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Shelled him twice?

Keck beat an injured Hidlay in OT a few minutes after Hidlay had also lost to Brooks in OT at NCAAs last year - when Keck was also well rested.

Oh, yeah.  Shelled the dickens out of him.  Hidlay rolled over and done did quit.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

1 minute ago, Ban Basketball said:

Oh, yeah.  Shelled the dickens out of him.  Hidlay rolled over and done did quit.

Obviously you did not watch the match - obviously.

Boy oh boy, is themy there UNI Panthers ever takin' it to 'em all, eh, friends!?

Edited by Ban Basketball

Just now, nhs67 said:

Obviously you did not watch the match - obviously.

No, of course I'll NEVER watch UNI rassle on tv in the national tournament.  Of course I wouldn't...

6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Shelled him twice?

5 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

all that comes to mind here is two turdbiscuits shelling each other with soft potatoes.  🙄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ionel said:

all that comes to mind here is two turdbiscuits shelling each other with soft potatoes.  🙄

Sure you don't need a question mark with that?  Semi-colon?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

I'm also thrilled to see Happel living up to his accolades coming into UNI a year ago.

Boy's going to be a good un.

Edited by Ban Basketball

8 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Years ago while wrestling in OK somewhere I met a couple chicks who were, 'corn shuckers.' Rough hands.

Were they on vacation from Nebraska? 

Also Bill C. is curious of what your definition of "met" is?  🤔

4 hours ago, MPhillips said:

Kharchla hit by the only move you know is coming.

I remember a comment Askren made about Dylan Ness a few years back - It's one thing to know a move is coming, it's a totally different thing to have felt it before. You can think you can defend it, but you won't really know until you feel it.

Which, also, basically describes Askren's entire folk arsenal. 

• Fire 1