How many "GOAT" wrestlers have been pinned in college?

Jimmy Cinnabon

Thinking of the elite college wrestlers who have won multiple NCAA title but have been pinned in college.

1. David Taylor - pinned by Bubba Jenkins in the finals
  2. Kyle Snyder - pinned by Gadson
  3. Spencer Lee - pinned by Piccinni in a dual and by Ramos in the NCAA semi-finals
  4. RBY - pinned by Austin Gomez in a dual
  5. IMar - pinned by Nolf and Joseph
  6. Metcalf - pinned by Caldwell
  7. Myles Martin - pinned by Nickal

Have these guys ever been pinned?

1. Dake
  2. Burroughs
  3. Dan Gable
  4. John Smith
  5. Ed Ruth
  6. Nolf
  7. Zain
  8. Dieringer
  9. Askren
  10. Yianni
  11. J'Den Cox
  12. Nickal
  13. Stieber

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tripnsweep said:

No one says good morning to me. I did an experiment for two weeks straight by not uttering a single word to any of you first. My hypothesis was proven correct. I am not spoken to unless I speak first. This is not a cry for help nor an…”Oh please, Mother! Your ignorance has driven me to my breaking point!” No. This was simply a scientific study. It’s fascinating how my own family managed to ignore my existence for fourteen days. I wasn’t asked to do any chores, or finish my homework, and I didn’t have to attend Uncle Wyatt’s funeral. RIP Uncle Wyatt: if only you had seen that bird headed straight for your jugular. Anywho, being invisible actually benefited me. I’m so glad none of you care for me because then I would actually have to care for you guys, too. And that’s a lot of work on my part. But, good morning! Have a good day at work! Don’t think about me too much!

Free Monologues for Kids? Interesting choice.

Reminds me of Sixteen Candles when Molly Ringwald's family forget her sixteenth birthday. But she did land Jake.

Hopefully Jimmy finds his Jake.

• Fire 2

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

when?

November 11, 2013, at the Kaloust Bearcat Open (Binghamton), in 1:24. Sorry, don't know what time of day it was.

First day of official Cornell competition for him.  He also beat Nathanial Brown that day for the first of his six victories over Brown.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Thinking of the elite college wrestlers who have won multiple NCAA title but have been pinned in college.

1. David Taylor - pinned by Bubba Jenkins in the finals
  2. Kyle Snyder - pinned by Gadson
  3. Spencer Lee - pinned by Piccinni in a dual and by Ramos in the NCAA semi-finals
  4. RBY - pinned by Austin Gomez in a dual
  5. IMar - pinned by Nolf and Joseph
  6. Metcalf - pinned by Caldwell
  7. Myles Martin - pinned by Nickal

Have these guys ever been pinned?

1. Dake
  2. Burroughs
  3. Dan Gable
  4. John Smith
  5. Ed Ruth
  6. Nolf
  7. Zain
  8. Dieringer
  9. Askren
  10. Yianni
  11. J'Den Cox
  12. Nickal
  13. Stieber

Zain was never pinned in college (or high school) but he was caught and pinned in freestyle at Pan Ams when he was running either a leg lace or a gut wrench.

RBY was pinned at the Southern Scuffle, not in a dual. He was ahead at that time by 8-2

• Fire 1

I don’t mean to be mr grumpy gills, but GOAT is a pretty straightforward moniker.  

I have never heard anyone refer to any of these people, or make a well-defended argument, about how any of them are the greatest of all time in college wrestling.  That conversation really starts and ends with one dude.

But then when we get to international wrestling, all bets are off.  Hard to account for some crazy guy out of the mountains who is juiced to the gills.

• Fire 1

16 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

I don’t mean to be mr grumpy gills, but GOAT is a pretty straightforward moniker.  

I have never heard anyone refer to any of these people, or make a well-defended argument, about how any of them are the greatest of all time in college wrestling.  That conversation really starts and ends with one dude.

But then when we get to international wrestling, all bets are off.  Hard to account for some crazy guy out of the mountains who is juiced to the gills.

image.thumb.png.f82554a23cf09bf587a3420424838488.png

2 hours ago, wrestle87 said:

This is correct but we are on a sticky thread and talking about:

fake jimmygoats 

iStock-93217326-scaled.jpg