Republican Oversight Committee rejects Hunter Biden's request to give his testimony in public

VakAttack

Just now, headshuck said:

It was widely said by the same folks on here that pursuing Hunter Biden was a foolish waste of time. Just a couple days ago he was charged with 9 federal charges, 3 felonies.

I was not one of those folks. As a matter of fact, Hunter is so damaged that nothing he is found guilty of will surprise me. And if he pulls his father down with him he would not be the first addict to destroy his family.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

15 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Nope, nope, nope. You guys should really read up on impeachment.

What part of "legally" doing something or hypothetically doing some future non-impeachable thing, is impeachable?

to me its impeachable. I doesn't matter to me what the laws says.  As an American citizen I feel the safety of my family an other Americans is in great jeopardy  From the fentanyl to all of the unsavory individuals who coming across the border. How do you vet someone if they don't any papers or documents.  Then you have thousands of got aways. Thats a huge problem. Will he get impeached .No. Does it really matter now. No . The damage is already done.

5 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

to me its impeachable. I doesn't matter to me what the laws says.  As an American citizen I feel the safety of my family an other Americans is in great jeopardy  From the fentanyl to all of the unsavory individuals who coming across the border. How do you vet someone if they don't any papers or documents.  Then you have thousands of got aways. Thats a huge problem. Will he get impeached .No. Does it really matter now. No . The damage is already done.

And I think all Presidents swear an oath.

• Fire 1

24 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I think this sums up the arguments for impeachment in this thread.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

32 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Shoot the Chinese spy balloon down!

Joe Biden speaking. Let me call XI and see if he has got the critical  information on all of our military bases. XI speaking on the phone with Joe. Joe please wait until the spy balloon clears the outer banks and the coast line then we should be good, then you can shoot it down. Joe speaking . You got XI ,glad I could be of help. XI speaking . Which offshore bank account would you like the money deposited in. 

Edited by Paul158
missed a word

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

These are reasons to not vote for Biden in the next election. These are not impeachable in any way. 

95% agreement.

Impeachment is subjective and political determination made by Congress.

Immigration

2021 was a record-breaking year.

2022 was a record-breaking year.

2023 was a record-breaking year.

image.thumb.png.a114d3c177f0ed715862614c6d0de161.png
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/cbp-enforcement-statistics

Is he abusing of power?

Is he violating his congressional duties? (lack of funding...)

Is he negating national security?

This article is critical...

--------

His business dealings should be investigated. If there is evidence of high crime or misdemeanors, I'd like the House to impeach him.  Regardless of the senate trial (no conviction coming) outcome... the country might wake up for the 2024 election.

Edited by jross
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Paul158 said:

They do. I guess it doesn't cover the security of our southern border and protecting our citizens. It must be in the small print. 

swear to protect from any enemies foreign and domestic except those who might like to cross into Texas or Arizona ... and if they miss and go thru New Mexico, well it ain't my fault

• Fire 1

16 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I think this sums up the arguments for impeachment in this thread.

Do you know where I get that from. Joe Biden and Mayorkas who have total disregard for the law. If they were following the laws of this nation we wouldn't have 12,000 people coming across the border every day Would we. So who exactly doesn't give a D!! about the law.

6 minutes ago, jross said:

95% agreement.

Immigration

Is he abusing of power?

--------

His business dealings should be investigated. If there is evidence of high crime or misdemeanors, I'd like the House to impeach him.  Regardless of the senate trial (no conviction coming) outcome... the country might wake up for the 2024 election.

Thanks. Excellent job.

BTW i noticed a lot of our frequent commenters who were defending the refusal for public testimony blatantly ignored this from less than a month prior to Comer rejecting Hunter's offer to testify publicly.  Why the ignoring?

5 hours ago, headshuck said:

It was widely said by the same folks on here that pursuing Hunter Biden was a foolish waste of time. Just a couple days ago he was charged with 9 federal charges, 3 felonies.

Well if you believe some of your cohorts, these new charges are just a ploy to protect Hunter.  So which is it?

And nobody is saying Hunter Biden shouldn't be investigated, that's a strawman.  Investigate away.  But the fruitless attempts to tie it to Joe so far appear to be just that: fruitless, but politically popular with the base.  Like I said, vibes-based politicking.

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, Paul158 said:

to me its impeachable. I doesn't matter to me what the laws says.  As an American citizen

You couldn’t have made the MAGA philosophy any more clear than you did right here.  “Facts don’t matter, it’s all about my feelings”

Thank you.

This is where we are today folks. And it’s disappointing.  

Edited by WrestlingRasta

12 hours ago, jross said:

95% agreement.

Immigration

Is he abusing of power?

--------

I'm starting to question why the legislative body responsible for laws and budgets in our country hasn't fixed this.

5 minutes ago, jross said:

What would you have us do other than vote and educate?

Certainly, you would NOT want us to act like these folks and these educators.

Pass some laws.  Bring the deficit down.  Provide the tools needed to enforce tax laws already on the books.  That is a good start.  You are honest.  You can admit it - this Congress is a clown show.