Republican Oversight Committee rejects Hunter Biden's request to give his testimony in public

VakAttack

56 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

He will be impeached for this?

Actually just the immigration disaster should be enough to impeach him. He has destroyed our National security by letting in 4 million illegal immigrants which directly effects the safety of our citizens. He is illegally tampering with the integrity of our elections. Because they will find away to get them to vote. He has put a tremendous strain on all of our hospitals,police ,schools and every other service that tax payers are paying for.

• Haha 1

I believe a case could be made with National security and the border.   Still there is the Senate is 50-50.   Not going to happen.   Who cares if it is on record he got impeached.   No one cares because it won't go anywhere.   No one cares that Clinton got impeached.   No one cares that Trump got impeached.   With Clinton, everyone knew the evidence was there, it was determined it wasn't enough to impeach.  

• Fire 1

34 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Actually just the immigration disaster should be enough to impeach him. He has destroyed our National security by letting in 4 million illegal immigrants which directly effects the safety of our citizens. He is illegally tampering with the integrity of our elections. Because they will find away to get them to vote. He has put a tremendous strain on all of our hospitals,police ,schools and every other service that tax payers are paying for.

What are they waiting for?

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

So far, that is highly accurate.   Onus is and always has been on the GOP to do more than posture.

That is why they are having hearings on this.  Your wish may soon be granted.   But to me, impeachment by the House without a credible threat to convict in the Senate is an empty gesture.   D are well acquainted with that.  

mspart

• Fire 1

I think you should always do what is right.    But this is a political event, not an ethics event.   The result if you are right should be removal from office.  This will never happen.  So to me there is no point other than to waste time and money, and ensure independents see GOP as vindictive in general.  If the dots can be traced to show J Biden is guilty of something, that is something.   Most people can see dot tracing and make decent conclusions from that. 

mspart

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

What are they waiting for?

Great question.  MSpart is right sometimes its more about the politics. To do what is right may hurt you in the long run. Sort of like overplaying your hand in cards. Need to tap the brakes and see what is the best move.

14 minutes ago, mspart said:

I think you should always do what is right.    But this is a political event, not an ethics event.   The result if you are right should be removal from office.  This will never happen.  So to me there is no point other than to waste time and money, and ensure independents see GOP as vindictive in general.  If the dots can be traced to show J Biden is guilty of something, that is something.   Most people can see dot tracing and make decent conclusions from that. 

mspart

I think the right thing to do is remove him, for a couple of reasons.  Do what’s right, put it on record as such, and make the ones who vote against it make their own justifications - not allowed to say that charges were never brought.  

Well there is that.  But still a waste of time.   I brought charges but the DA and judge won't go for it so it was not worthwhile.   Kind of like in Seattle, there is no law about this but unless the shoplifting is a certain amount, the cops won't arrest.   Why?   Because the city attorney won't bring the case because the judges here will throw it out.   Not equitable or social justicy or some such crock. 

mspart

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, jross said:

I care.  

• Horrible performance with illegal immigration 
  • Life is less affordable (insurance, food, products, energy, housing...)
  • Bad global management with respect to money, war, policy
  • Supports giving money to foreign countries that should not be spent or otherwise help in-nation
  • Swamp leader

These are reasons to not vote for Biden in the next election. These are not impeachable in any way. I am a little surprised and a lot disappointed this is your argument for impeachment.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

3 hours ago, Paul158 said:

Nope. Not impeachable.

3 hours ago, mspart said:

I believe a case could be made with National security and the border.   Still there is the Senate is 50-50.   Not going to happen.   Who cares if it is on record he got impeached.   No one cares because it won't go anywhere.   No one cares that Clinton got impeached.   No one cares that Trump got impeached.   With Clinton, everyone knew the evidence was there, it was determined it wasn't enough to impeach.  

Nope, nope, nope. You guys should really read up on impeachment.

What part of "legally" doing something or hypothetically doing some future non-impeachable thing, is impeachable?

1 minute ago, ionel said:

If we learned anything previous term it is that anything can be considered impeachable.  

Also, nope. They were highly specific charges even if there was no way he would be convicted.

This idea that a president's policies are somehow impeachable is so much mental masturbation.

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Also, nope. They were highly specific charges even if there was no way he would be convicted.

This idea that a president's policies are somehow impeachable is so much mental masturbation.

What are the odds Trump gets elected and is impeached each and every year of his 4 year last term?  I'm seriously liking the over at 3.5.  

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

What are the odds Trump gets elected and is impeached each and every year of his 4 year last term?  I'm seriously liking the over at 3.5.  

I know this is an unpopular take in this thread, but that is up to Trump. Republicans have a majority in the House. So if he gets impeached even once, then something has gone horribly, Trump-ian, wrong.

4 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I know this is an unpopular take in this thread, but that is up to Trump. Republicans have a majority in the House. So if he gets impeached even once, then something has gone horribly, Trump-ian, wrong.

There is another House election before he is sworn in. 

Also there is still no working vaccine for TDS v1-12 so ...

Edited by ionel