Republican Oversight Committee rejects Hunter Biden's request to give his testimony in public

VakAttack

14 hours ago, mspart said:

First, obviously you need what I put out because you are spoon fed left wing media (NYT, CBS, CNN, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, PBS etc) news that this seems like it must be out of this world crazy.   Keep thinking that.

Second, if you think Trump is going to ruin the Rule of Law, think again because it is happening.   Why concern with HB?  Because he obviously broke the law.  DOJ allowed the statue of limitations to close some of those "investigations" and HB has implicated JB in all of this by paying him off.   Remember, JB stated in the campaign when the HB laptop became a thing and Trump linked JB to HB to Burisma, that he, JB, knew nothing of any business dealings HB had.   That was part of the basis for why JB was elected, because everyone trusted him and the news about the laptop was squelched and not discussed by major news.  

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2020/nov/26/cooper-biden-voters/

Take this for what it is worth, but it was found 1 in 6 Biden voters would have or may have changed their mind.   That would have resulted in a Trump win.   To say the Rule of Law will be challenged is moot.  It already is.   HB implicates JB and we can't have that, hence the original plea deal he got that the judge rightfully refused.   If that isn't challenging the rule of law, I don't know what is. 

mspart

mspart

Fantastic. Exactly what I expected. You took my explanation of how fox and friends got us to where we are and you put a bow on it. Your conspiracy theories with little to no evidence highlight exactly what I was saying. You are blinded by bias and can't even see it. Your first instinct wasn't to agree that 45 should be held accountable for what he's done if anything and he's already been held accountable for a few things. Which means there's no reason why there weren't other things we haven't found and just like that we found em. Will JB be impeached? No. Will JB be charged? Doubtful. And the thing is, I think that bothers you. Should the evidence determine where the investigations go? It should. If you want  tit-for-tat like 45 does, pound sand. 

If you honestly think that JB should be held accountable and 45 is being railroaded, I'm sorry but you're wrong. If you don't have the same opinion of both with respect to the law then your judgement is suspect and you're no longer trying to convince anyone of your opinion. You're only trying to further convince yourself. 

It isn't that people think Trump is high character and innocent of all charges.

There is inconsistency in who is charged and for what.

Most US citizens disbelieve that Biden received 81M legit votes.

Of course the political hunt for Trump has only increased the people's support for him.  

Remember they said Trump would be a dictator in 2016?

Drain the swamp 2024.

• Fire 2

2 minutes ago, jross said:

Of course the political hunt for Trump has only increased the people's support for him.  

Drain the swamp 2024.

For any lawyer unconnected in the case to watch the lengths that the judge in NY is going to NOT sanction Trump for violating court orders, and then listen to conservatives claims he's the victim of a two-tiered justice system is remarkably laughable.  I've seen defendant's literally physically gagged in court and jailed for not stopping talking in court when they've been ordered not to.  With regards to his document case, they gave him like 6 warnings to return the documents and he just refused.

• Fire 1

Just now, VakAttack said:

For any lawyer unconnected in the case to watch the lengths that the judge in NY is going to NOT sanction Trump for violating court orders, and then listen to conservatives claims he's the victim of a two-tiered justice system is remarkably laughable.  I've seen defendant's literally physically gagged in court and jailed for not stopping talking in court when they've been ordered not to.  With regards to his document case, they gave him like 6 warnings to return the documents and he just refused.

One way to change public perception is to charge more politicians for the crimes the public knows about. #Consistency

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Fantastic. Exactly what I expected. You took my explanation of how fox and friends got us to where we are and you put a bow on it. Your conspiracy theories with little to no evidence highlight exactly what I was saying. You are blinded by bias and can't even see it. Your first instinct wasn't to agree that 45 should be held accountable for what he's done if anything and he's already been held accountable for a few things. Which means there's no reason why there weren't other things we haven't found and just like that we found em. Will JB be impeached? No. Will JB be charged? Doubtful. And the thing is, I think that bothers you. Should the evidence determine where the investigations go? It should. If you want  tit-for-tat like 45 does, pound sand. 

If you honestly think that JB should be held accountable and 45 is being railroaded, I'm sorry but you're wrong. If you don't have the same opinion of both with respect to the law then your judgement is suspect and you're no longer trying to convince anyone of your opinion. You're only trying to further convince yourself. 

Good job.   Didn't even address what I wrote.   Just went on a left bented screed.  3 points for you!!

mspart

• Fire 2

47 minutes ago, jross said:

Drain the swamp 2024.

There is inconsistency in who is charged and for what.  Very true.  In fact I don't think I've seen anyone argue that.  But the point is it's more of a privileged/not as privileged thing, not as much a Rep vs Dem thing as your news feeds want you to buy into it being.

Most US citizens disbelieve that Biden received 81M legit votes.  I wonder if that has anything to do with a bunch of government officials, who we all have agreed lie to us, along with a bunch of their following media, who we all agree and even some of them have admitted they lie to us, began screaming at us before the election even happened, that if the democrat won it's only because it was rigged.  Is that possible???  I mean again we have Trump and Maga screaming......and then we have the results of 60 lawsuits.   

Remember they said Trump would be a dictator in 2016?   I do remember a bunch of people saying that.  I was not one of them, but clearly remember.   Fortunately he proved them wrong.....when he tried and failed.

Drain the swamp 2024.  Couldn't agree more.

Clinton, Pence, Biden, and others had document issues and no action occurred.  I understand that classified information is a serious matter, but I trust Clinton, Pence, Biden, and Trump with it.  Going after Trump is just as large a waste of time as going after Biden.  https://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-justice/4254963-new-evidence-may-destroy-bidens-defense-in-his-classified-documents-case/

Insider Trading, yet nobody is seriously investigated and held accountable.  https://www.businessinsider.com/congress-stock-act-violations-senate-house-trading-2021-9#sen-dianne-feinstein-a-democrat-from-california-1  | Great Name.  https://www.hawley.senate.gov/hawley-announces-pelosi-act-reintroduction-bill-ban-lawmakers-trading-stocks

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jross said:

Drain the swamp 2024.

It isn't that people think Trump is high character and innocent of all charges. didn't stop them the first time they voted for him. The racism, the misogyny, the authoritarian tendencies, that he has less self control then an 8 year old, that he's just mean, still not a deal breaker 

There is inconsistency in who is charged and for what. not really, HB has been charged, with a crime that most prosecutors don't even try to charge, so he's getting special(not the good kind) treatment

Most US citizens disbelieve that Biden received 81M legit votes. categorically wrong, false at every step, the polls that you're probably getting this from cannot tell you with any kind of accuracy what 81-frickin-million people might be thinking, this is a point you should, but probably won't, give up on because its wrong

Of course the political hunt for Trump has only increased the people's support for him.  for some reason this is true. why do you think that is? my opinion is that they feel that the system is set up against them and that they have a champion that will fight for them. He won't, however, unless it directly effects him, he's shown that time and time again, also who was among the people that helped set up the tax system that he boasts as being smart(rich) enough to take advantage of and to benefit the rich, he didn't work to even things out. Maybe their support is not warranted and against their best interest? 

Remember they said Trump would be a dictator in 2016? what point are you trying to make? That he has stated he will use the DOJ to investigate and prosecute his enemies in 2025 means we should've trusted him in 2016. That is the dumbest question/point I have ever heard in favor of anything. That you even brought it up tells me you cannot think abstractly or linearly. Because he gassed peaceful protesters so he could take a photo in front of a church. That is what a dictator does. Threatening or planning to invoke the insurrection act is something a dictator does. how is your head so far in the sand? Is your cognitive dissonance, really, this profound that you're grasping at these particular straws in the hopes of allowing yourself to sleep at night? That's a shame. 

Drain the swamp 2024. Please explain what, in your opinion, needs to be drained, as of now? how many people in 45's orbit went to jail?  how many in Obama's? How many in Biden's so far? You're backing the wrong horse in that race. 

20 minutes ago, jross said:

Clinton, Pence, Biden, and others had document issues and no action occurred.  I understand that classified information is a serious matter, but I trust Clinton, Pence, Biden, and Trump with it.  Going after Trump is just as large a waste of time as going after Biden.  https://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-justice/4254963-new-evidence-may-destroy-bidens-defense-in-his-classified-documents-case/

Insider Trading, yet nobody is seriously investigated and held accountable.  https://www.businessinsider.com/congress-stock-act-violations-senate-house-trading-2021-9#sen-dianne-feinstein-a-democrat-from-california-1  | Great Name.  https://www.hawley.senate.gov/hawley-announces-pelosi-act-reintroduction-bill-ban-lawmakers-trading-stocks

I don't think Dianne Feinstein is getting charged any time soon.  I would also like to see leveraging position for financial gain reformed in all branches of government.  Hard to take the first paragraph seriously, so len(list)  is 0

Edited by Plasmodium
Dianne, Not Harvey

4 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

I don't think Dianne Feinstein is getting charged any time soon.  I would also like to see leveraging position for financial gain reformed in all branches of government.  Hard to take the first paragraph seriously, so len(list)  is 0

The public believes there is insider trading.  The article says there is smoke.

• Insider and several other news organizations have identified 78 members of Congress who've recently failed to properly report their financial trades as mandated by the Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge Act of 2012, also known as the STOCK Act.

Is anyone aware of tens of investigations into insider trading... starting with the lady of whom the PELOSI Act is named?

22 minutes ago, jross said:

If you listen to any former federal prosecutor and their experiences with classified information cases. There are a few kinds. The ones you reference are usually not as sinister in nature as the smaller ones. Like the kid recently: “Hale has now admitted what the evidence at trial would have conclusively shown: that he took classified documents from his work at the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA), documents he had no right to retain, and that he sent them to a reporter, knowing all along that what he was doing was against the law,” said Assistant Attorney General John C. Demers for the Justice Department's National Security Division. 

Took docs for the purpose to sending them to a reporter. Biden, Pence, and Clinton had no intent to give them to anyone and we know this because they didn't know they even had them. Until a dedicated search was done for, specifically, classified documents. Intent is a big part of charging this crime. 45 knew he had docs. He knew he had them because archives knew he had them and told him he had them. He confirmed, or rather, had his lawyers confirm that they were all handed over. When in fact he had some moved. In order to make it seem like they were all handed over. What about this is confusing? His intent to keep the docs is Iron Clad. The only thing that could possibly get him off is that the documents are too sensitive to bring up in trial and so can't be used as evidence. He's so stupid and petty that it may have helped him out in this situation. But (shouting) CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS IN THE BATHROOM!? What does this guy need to do to lose your support? He is a walking dumpster fire covered in spray tan! 

ps. sorry for the text change, my c/p game needs work.

15 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Agreed. You don't need to suffer to serve the city/state/country. But getting filthy rich should be much harder to do than it currently is. Also, being able to LARP as a billionaire by being 'gifted' the lifestyle for a weekend at a time should be more frowned upon then it is. 

35 minutes ago, jross said:

Are you like Jonathan Turley's brother?  You keep citing his opinion pieces as if they're facts or as if I should take his opinions, despite being repeatedly proven wrong, as gospel.  This one was from October and literally nothing has happened from it.

@ThreePointTakedown ...didn't stop them the first time they voted for him. 

I could not get over his character and did not vote for him in 2016.  After witnessing everything since 2016 and given Biden/Trump choice for 2024, Trump is the only choice for me.  

@ThreePointTakedown ...not really

Yes, really.

@ThreePointTakedown ...categorically wrong

Statistic probability with a margin of error speaks to me.

@ThreePointTakedown  ...for some reason this is true. why do you think that is?

Outside of the Covid 9 response, my well-being was the best I can recall and I was proud of my country.

@ThreePointTakedown  ...what point are you trying to make?

How does the three branches of the US government allow for a dictator?  What do you think about how Trump was called a dictator for his executive orders in 2016 in comparison to those made by Biden in 2020?   Are they both dictators?

@ThreePointTakedown  ...what, in your opinion, needs to be drained, as of now? 

The swamp is the people with entrenched interests, bureaucracy, and corruption.  The swamp smells like folks...

• serving three or more terms
  • that take money from lobbyists
  • and perform insider trades
  • while voting to increase spending without having first approved a budget
  • that bailout companies as if they are too big to fail
  • and insert pork into bills
  • while voting directly down party lines rather than what they believe
  • that do not support election holidays and secure elections
  • who refuse to perform audits and refuse to hold government organizations accountable
  • and don't act in ways that improve the well-being of its citizens

22 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Are you like Jonathan Turley's brother?  You keep citing his opinion pieces as if they're facts or as if I should take his opinions, despite being repeatedly proven wrong, as gospel.  This one was from October and literally nothing has happened from it.

Turley was my practice partner in the third grade!  /kidding; don't know/follow him  

You are likely following the document stories and law closer than I am.

For the classified documents that Biden held and were found in *multiple locations, how is it determined if he 'mishandled' them and whether he should be prosecuted?  *There are several sources claiming this.

Just now, jross said:

Turley was my practice partner in the third grade!  /kidding; don't know/follow him  

You are likely following the document stories and law closer than I am.

For the classified documents that Biden held and were found in *multiple locations, how is it determined if he 'mishandled' them and whether he should be prosecuted?  *There are several sources claiming this.

They would likely go out of their way to give him opportunities, like they did with Trump.  Trump was only charged after repeated attempts to get the documents back and he had his lawyers falsely claim everything had been returned.  It wasn't like "these documents are missing, file charges."  If they have evidence of actual misrepresentations in writing (like from Trump's legal team) or if they find he's continuing to refuse to return documents, then they would charge him.