Climate Hoax

Husker_Du

2 hours ago, ionel said:

Prove it, whats the % profit?  Prove they "line their pocket," how?  Do they have excess profit?  They are a big company, they will have large revenue, revenue isn't profit, profit goes to share holders (that's you and me) it also helps them pay a fair wage to workers and taxes to the govt.  

You don't care because it ruins the story you are trying to sell. 

Onus is on you. The wingers constantly say that climate change is a hoax, all to profit green energy companies. The stupidity makes mw want to puke. 

7 minutes ago, red viking said:

Onus is on you. The wingers constantly say that climate change is a hoax, all to profit green energy companies. The stupidity makes mw want to puke. 

I made no claims, that was you, back it up!

By the way, do you have any idea what happens when we run out of diesel fuel?

3 minutes ago, mspart said:

We are blessed for sure. 

mspart

But the answer i was looking for is:  the whole economy shuts down and the world sinks into major depression, those that don't know how to grow their own food sol

7 minutes ago, mspart said:

And you can kiss electrical energy good bye.  And your job.   And your way of life.  And your computers. 

mspart

And better hope you have your own water well and windmill or live on a clean river/stream.  

10 minutes ago, ionel said:

And better hope you have your own water well and windmill or live on a clean river/stream.  

We have a stream that runs all winter through our yard.   In fact in a heavy rain this year it overflowed the 2 foot diameter drainage pipe and flooded my neighbors garage.   Not so much water running in the summer.   So that would be a bummer.   I gots the big bag lifestraw.   So if I can get it, I can filter it. 

mspart

6 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

The few people to survive would have to learn 18th century means.  The 19th century benefited from coal, and we don’t want any of that either.  Is whale oil okay?

This is true.   It would be pretty tough for most everyone.   But that fits with the lefts population control ideology.   Get rid of the bad humans.  

mspart

12 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

The few people to survive would have to learn 18th century means.  The 19th century benefited from coal, and we don’t want any of that either.  Is whale oil okay?

But the bad folk won't survive so remaining folk aren't gonna worry about burning coal but wood might be easier.

6 hours ago, red viking said:

They "make" zero. The money gets distributed. Mostly to services with smaller amounts to the workers (at relatively low wages). .

this is so effin stupid.

the federal gov't has a whirlwind of revenue based on no product - it just syphons money of oil & gas and your response is...

'but it gets distributed' ? 

did you think this through?

• Fire 1

TBD

1 hour ago, JimmyBT said:

When are these wokecicists going to stop mandating this by law and give us back our freedoms!?

I'm ENRAGED! Here's a pic my wife just took of me after reading your post. 

image.png.0e8218fad39bc57775d1564d53328920.png

Edited by Ban Basketball
  • Stalling 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

I do have a fireplace and lots of wood around me.   I hope I will be fine.   Actually I hope I'm long gone when and if this all comes down.   I'd just rather not have to go through it. 

mspart

On 2/19/2024 at 1:04 PM, mspart said:

Your question is essentially asking, Even though the EV is more expensive, worse for the environment, less convenient, less operable in extreme cold or hot weather, is only convenient in a city driving situation, is more expensive to repair, may cause more pedestrian deaths due to low noise, why is there all the push back on them since they are trying to solve a problem?

No...it wasn't "essentially asking," that even a little bit. It was essentially asking...do people honestly believe that people are not contributing to climate change. 

On 2/19/2024 at 1:04 PM, mspart said:

Setting aside what you think of the solutions or the hypocrisy, do people honestly believe that people aren't contributing to climate change or that it's not an issue that's seriously impacting us? 

This is actually straightforward and not even EV-related...though EV technology is still in it's infancy and batteries and infrastructure are improving, I don't care what your opinion on EVs are. I was asking a more general question(really don't know how much more clear I could have made that...

POSTED ON FEBRUARY 25, 2024 BY JOHN HINDERAKER IN ENERGY POLICY, GREAT BRITAIN

BLACKOUTS, HERE WE COME

People around the world are increasingly realizing that “green” energy is actually black–as in blackouts. Thus, in today’s Telegraph: “The UK is much closer to blackouts than anyone dares to admit.”

We are heading for a big electricity crunch as it is. Whoever wins the general election, the next government will be committed to decarbonising the National Grid – by 2035 in the case of the Conservatives and by 2030 in the case of Labour. That means either closing all the gas power stations or fitting them with carbon capture and storage technology – which does not yet exist on scale in Britain and whose costs are likely to be massive. At the same time every single one of our existing nuclear power stations is currently due to reach the end of its life by 2035. If Hinkley C is delayed much beyond its latest estimated completion, we could end up with no nuclear at all.

That could leave us trying to power the country pretty much with intermittent wind and solar energy alone – and this at a time when politicians want millions more of us to be driving electric cars and heating our homes with heat pumps, thus substantially increasing demand. How will we keep the lights on? One struggles to find satisfactory explanation from the National Grid ESO, which is trusted with this task.

Britain is not alone in that regard. It is extraordinary that no one in any country has actually tried, seriously, to figure out how to power a modern economy with intermittent and absurdly expensive wind and solar power. We are simply cruising toward disaster with inept and even senile politicians at the helm.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2024/02/blackouts-here-we-come.php