Iowa State blanks Wisconsin 42 - 0 - OUCH!

nhs67

19 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Hamiti is not their biggest name, Amos is.  Amos has already been on a senior level world team.  How close has Hamiti gotten to that?  Has he even wrestled at a senior level tournament?

I agree internationally that Amos is a bigger name, but for NCAA I believe Hamiti is the bigger name.

• Fire 3

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

17 hours ago, Laxhawk174 said:

As did Minnesota during the J-rob fiasco. 

This one is a bit more of a parallel. The Michigan contingent both had coaches that 'retired'. As upset as I was that the assistant responsible for navigating MSU's voyage to the bottom, was promoted to captain, I could not have been happier at the choice from Our Lady of Anne Arbor to bring SB back. 

Who would take over if/when Bono is let go? Great question. Brad Dillon could test the waters of the B1G and see what he can do. Pendleton gets the nod. Rob Koll could try his hand at a four conference in as many years. Derek Moore, if he can put together a good resume in the next 6 months. Troy Nickerson is near by. Alex Tirapelle is familiar with that part of the country. Trevor Brandvold could head back home. Who am I missing? 

On 11/20/2023 at 7:03 AM, nhs67 said:

Guys, this Iowa State team is vastly underrated right now due to weight acclimation and new faces in the lineup.  Guys like the Frost brothers, Echemendia, Chittum, Gaittan are all contenders for mid-AA honors and right now they are ranked 18th, 27th, 19th, and 22nd.  Echemendia might be the guy at 141 instead of one of the Frost brothers, but I think you get the point.

Wiscy, on the other hand?  This is rebuild year for them.  They don't have any incoming transfers to blow our socks off (hrmm.... perhaps that fiacso with Burwikk showed everyone what Bono's actual character is like huh?) and their biggest name is on Oly-shirt.  I think they will be fine.  They have a lot of youth in their lineup that needs experience.

It was just a piss-poor matchup for them against an ISU squad that most people don't understand just how good they are.

This is so mind-numbingly obnoxious and ignorant, I can't believe people are still parroting this bullshit. 

BONO-HAD-NOTHING-TO-D0-WITH-BURRWICK.

He transferred after the NCAA deadline. He transferred because another former AA transferred in. If you don't like Bono, fine. Askren doesn't either. But Jesus Christ, Nebraska has tweeted and confirmed this, the Wisconsin AD did, the NCAA did and morons are STILL repeating this nonsense. 

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

True, he wouldn't sign off on Burrwick also refused to sign off on Burwikk, had nothing to do with either. 

Yeah;

1-NOT Bono's job to "sign off," it was the AD.

2-The only thing they could have "signed off," was lying and saying Kyle HAD to transfer because there was no longer and opportunity for him to compete in his chosen sport.

So yeah, the Head WRESTLING coach could have signed off a letter for the athletic Dept saying there was no opportunity for Burwick to Wrestle...but there was.

How the fook are people still confused about this? It's almost as if they don't understand kids can FREELY transfer now and it's still the old days when you DID need a waiver releasing an athlete from their commitment. 

If you're on this forum and talking about this issue and you still don't get THIS part, that it had absolutely nothing to do with Bono...you're being willfully ignorant at this point. There is literally no other explanation. 

29 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

This is so mind-numbingly obnoxious and ignorant, I can't believe people are still parroting this bullshit. 

BONO-HAD-NOTHING-TO-D0-WITH-BURRWICK.

He transferred after the NCAA deadline. He transferred because another former AA transferred in. If you don't like Bono, fine. Askren doesn't either. But Jesus Christ, Nebraska has tweeted and confirmed this, the Wisconsin AD did, the NCAA did and morons are STILL repeating this nonsense. 

Okay, bud.

Go drink a cup of orange juice or something.

Mellow out.

See the light.

Bono is as turdbiscuity as they come.

Blessed be Burwikk.

• Fire 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Just now, scourge165 said:

Yeah;

1-NOT Bono's job to "sign off," it was the AD.

2-The only thing they could have "signed off," was lying and saying Kyle HAD to transfer because there was no longer and opportunity for him to compete in his chosen sport.

So yeah, the Head WRESTLING coach could have signed off a letter for the athletic Dept saying there was no opportunity for Burwick to Wrestle...but there was.

How the fook are people still confused about this? It's almost as if they don't understand kids can FREELY transfer now and it's still the old days when you DID need a waiver releasing an athlete from their commitment. 

If you're on this forum and talking about this issue and you still don't get THIS part, that it had absolutely nothing to do with Bono...you're being willfully ignorant at this point. There is literally no other explanation. 

You seem upset.

Is that you, Jon?

34 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

Please enlighten us with the tweets of Bono's exonerations.  Show us.  Please. 🙂

To me, spelling something deliberately wrong still makes you turdbiscuit material.  Even I know how to spell Burwikk.

9 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Please enlighten us with the tweets of Bono's exonerations.  Show us.  Please. 🙂

To me, spelling something deliberately wrong still makes you turdbiscuit material.  Even I know how to spell Burwikk.

These have been on the forum, you've seen them, you're just too thick to wrap your head around it.

15 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Okay, bud.

Go drink a cup of orange juice or something.

Mellow out.

See the light.

Bono is as turdbiscuity as they come.

Ok...cool. So you're just repeating this stupidity because you don't like Bono.

That's fine. I don't give a shit about him either way. There's just a level of stoopid I can't handle and when you're repeatedly proven wrong and you're STILL bringing up the "Bono didn't sign the release," you're either supremely stupid...which hasn't been my impression of you. Or you're just willfully ignorant and no matter how much evidence you're provided with would ever convince you because...you think this is about how much one likes Bono.

17 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

You seem upset.

Is that you, Jon?

Oh...yeah. Good one. I MUST be Jon Reader because your tired playing stupid schtick has gotten old. 

3 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

These have been on the forum, you've seen them, you're just too thick to wrap your head around it.

Ok...cool. So you're just repeating this stupidity because you don't like Bono.

That's fine. I don't give a shit about him either way. There's just a level of stoopid I can't handle and when you're repeatedly proven wrong and you're STILL bringing up the "Bono didn't sign the release," you're either supremely stupid...which hasn't been my impression of you. Or you're just willfully ignorant and no matter how much evidence you're provided with would ever convince you because...you think this is about how much one likes Bono.

Oh...yeah. Good one. I MUST be Jon Reader because your tired playing stupid schtick has gotten old. 

Honestly, if you even attempted to articulate your post I might try to read it.  I can see that you didn't show the exonerating tweets, though, so anther reason to not bother.

Otherwise, I do hope you have a good day and I will agree with you wholeheartedly so you can feel like you won at something.

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Honestly, if you even attempted to articulate your post I might try to read it.  I can see that you didn't show the exonerating tweets, though, so anther reason to not bother.

Otherwise, I do hope you have a good day and I will agree with you wholeheartedly so you can feel like you won at something.

Yup. The problem was the way I articulated it🙄

You're a clown. I'm not going back and searching for the "exonerating tweets," as they were posted on here over and over again, you commented on the threads and I know you know this.

This is the "willfully ignorant," part.

2 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

Yup. The problem was the way I articulated it🙄

You're a clown. I'm not going back and searching for the "exonerating tweets," as they were posted on here over and over again, you commented on the threads and I know you know this.

This is the "willfully ignorant," part.

A - Nothing willful about it if I didn't see it.  You treat ignorance as a curse rather than attempting to educate - that is a you problem.

B - I agree with your first part.  Again that is a you problem.

C - You know nothing.

7 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

A - Nothing willful about it if I didn't see it.  You treat ignorance as a curse rather than attempting to educate - that is a you problem.

B - I agree with your first part.  Again that is a you problem.

C - You know nothing.

A-Bullshit. You've been like a fly on shit on this for the last couple of years. I know damn well you saw the Tweets from the Neb Athletic Department.

B-Really? What wasn't articulate enough for you?

C-....cool.

1 minute ago, scourge165 said:

A-Bullshit. You've been like a fly on shit on this for the last couple of years. I know damn well you saw the Tweets from the Neb Athletic Department.

B-Really? What wasn't articulate enough for you?

C-....cool.

Again, Jon, I ask for you to show me.  If not the tweets that you so eloquently articulated of, then the proof of my knowledge knowing that these tweets exist.

That or you can just be angry.

Third option is you accept my formal apology that you have been egregiously effected so much so that you are this upset.

Fourth option is that you read back and acknowledge that I accepted that you won.  I will even quote it for you to read again (because obviously you didn't read it or you are just looking to be angry - did you try a Snickers?)?

23 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

^^ That bolded/underlined bit.