Status of Cox?

mspart

Anyone know his status?   Is he recovered?  Is he continuing on in his quest for 97kg glory?  I feel a little bad for him being a tweener but not too much because of his attitude of he is the king and will show everyone.   Still waiting for that.   I think that is not characteristic of his overall character, but I don't know him  so maybe not.   For the record, I don't think he makes the Oly team.   Taylor and Snyder are too much for him.   He fits into 92kg really well.  Anyway curious for any info that is out there.  

mspart

• Fire 2

Jden looks like he is back to 100% physically.   That's good.   I don't think he goes down to Taylor, he couldn't make 97 two years ago.   He goes 97 and hits a roadblock named Snyder.   Unless he has improved greatly, I don't see him getting over or around the roadblock. 

But I am very happy that Jden has recovered and seems to be back in shape. 

mspart

Edited by mspart

On 11/17/2023 at 2:23 PM, jross said:

Taylor and Snyder cannot stop this

They haven’t had the opportunity in years.  That has a very bad habit of stopping itself.

Also, lol son everybody looks like a worldbeater against a smaller person who is out of shape and can barely stand up.

I would say that Cox should be in this tourney to get the rust off.   He hasn't wrestled competitively as far as I know for quite some time.  This would be an excellent time to figure out how 97KG is going to treat him and what his chances are for OTT.   I would think he would want to know what he is up against. 

mspart

The only “derogatory” thing I will say about Cox is that he may very well be on the other end of an upstart 2016 J’Den Cox ilk but that’s only because whenever a changing of the guard occurs that it tends to be so swift and brutal that no one saw it coming. Ya know, kind of like 97 worlds a few months ago

• Fire 2

i am an idiot on the internet

18 hours ago, Jim L said:

Just like they are spelled

With a long I?  As in stein (like beer stein), the name Feinberg, the word nein (no in German), etc?  I’m guessing no … more likely the answer above … phoenix .  

and for Zoi - reads to me as Zoy.  Thinking Boise, Boiler, koi.  But perhaps it is Zo-ee.  

I'm a huge "Cox-Potential" guy.... But I'm settling into a "Cox-Reality" guy ....

Snyderman has been a top 2-3 guy at an Olympic weight for the duration...

Which is longer than Cox has been a hit and miss guy, at a non-Olympic weight .

Snyderman owned him last time out .

I dunno, in reality he's Kollin Moore.
But I still hold out hope, he has a chance ..