PSU 125

lu_alum

On 11/13/2023 at 9:32 PM, Corby said:

Moline IL kid he was 5th twice in IL big schools. He was 106 as a SR 

An Eric Juergens Young Guns kid. Another Moline YG kid to look out for is DJ Parker at OU. He will be back for the 2nd semester, he had a knee injury. 

1 hour ago, TexRef said:

An Eric Juergens Young Guns kid. Another Moline YG kid to look out for is DJ Parker at OU. He will be back for the 2nd semester, he had a knee injury. 

Thought the plan for Parker was to RS this year. Has that changed?

• Fire 1

On 11/14/2023 at 1:58 PM, Gus said:

Dude, Suriano was a NQ @ 125 (MFF due to injuries), 2nd @ 125, 1st @ 133, 1st @ 125.. He was a stud. Career record of 86-7 and the "worst" loss of his career was to DeSanto. 

This forum needs to be constantly reminded that @Interviewed_at_Weehawkenentire purpose on here is to slight PSU wrestling in anyway possible.

• Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

Penn State 125 issues have been mostly back luck with injuries and obviously I don't think anyone doubts Cody can coach them up. That being said, assuming they don't score points there this year (Davis is talented but hard to chalk him in as a point scorer), that means effectively since Nico won, PSU has scored 2 points at 125 TOTAL. (1.5 from Howard in 2021, .5 from Hildebrandt in 2022)That's 2 points over 8 years (2020 was cancelled but since they didn't have a NQ that year, it's a 0)

For a school that is coaching champs left and right, can seemingly pick and choose whoever they want and with all the monetary resources they have ... it's definitely odd and worth nothing especially since there have been multiple AA portal pickups throughout the years (Cronin, Noto, Ramos, Cardinale)

Edited by wrestlingest2010
  • Fire 1

8 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

This forum needs to be constantly reminded that @Interviewed_at_Weehawkenentire purpose on here is to slight PSU wrestling in anyway possible.

I was in no way slighting PSU! (for once)

I was actually saying that it is difficult to recruit career 125s and recruiting is probably a more likely explanation than "Cael can't coach 125 lbers."

Sorry that you are so fragile!

7 hours ago, wrestlingest2010 said:

Penn State 125 issues have been mostly back luck with injuries and obviously I don't think anyone doubts Cody can coach them up. That being said, assuming they don't score points there this year (Davis is talented but hard to chalk him in as a point scorer), that means effectively since Nico won, PSU has scored 2 points at 125 TOTAL. (1.5 from Howard in 2021, .5 from Hildebrandt in 2022)That's 2 points over 8 years (2020 was cancelled but since they didn't have a NQ that year, it's a 0)

For a school that is coaching champs left and right, can seemingly pick and choose whoever they want and with all the monetary resources they have ... it's definitely odd and worth nothing especially since there have been multiple AA portal pickups throughout the years (Cronin, Noto, Ramos, Cardinale)

Hold on now!

If Howard is a LOCK to AA and Davis gets the nod over him because he beats him out then Davis is also assuredly a lock to AA.  He will probably win it all, if we're being honest here.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

We all already know what is going to happen if (when) Davis takes the starting spot over.

"Howard was still hurt ergo my claim of him being a lock was not incorrect because his health should have been an assumed 'what if' in that scenario." - WhoeverTFSaidHeWasALock

Now... if Howard keeps the spot and brings home AA honors - I will happily admit that my reasoning is that I was wrong and not come up with some other bullshit, yet logical excuse that should have been considered with much more respect and understanding.

5 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I was in no way slighting PSU! (for once)

I was actually saying that it is difficult to recruit career 125s and recruiting is probably a more likely explanation than "Cael can't coach 125 lbers."

Sorry that you are so fragile!

I'm as fragile as a Wogdon & Barton flintlock smoothbore pistol.

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

5 hours ago, ionel said:

They only let @PortaJohn in because many of us travel and @nhs67 is always throwing out turdbiscuits.

Turdbiscuits is the name of our band.  For some reason PJ let me have the final say.

I was surprised.  He was pushing for Deuces so our first album could have been Drop the Deuce.

I was sold on it as well but some random text at precisely 1:25 AM (US - Eastern) simply saying "You win." sealed the deal.

• Haha 1