Flo's Michigan Preview - How stupid?

nhs67

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Their 'Michigan Insider' isn't very good.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/11416884-michigan-wrestling-loaded-with-depth-and-talent-wolverines-insider

I felt it a requirement to offer my services.

3 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Did they forget all about Ragusin entirely? Their 141 language would make more sense for 149

If only they had a source (or two) who could guarantee them good intel.

• Fire 2

Just now, flyingcement said:

I like the current arrangement where I know the information already but I pay them to recite it back to me and they get it wrong.  

Lol yeah

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

The only reason I subscribe to Flo is because they have some actual wrestling tournaments streamed at points throughout the season.  I don't read their articles or rankings (unless otherwise prompted) and would appreciate if they reallocated some of those "resources" toward enhancing the user experience for streaming wrestling tournaments and duals.  I use the monthly subscription to Flo because I choose a month or two here and there where there a bunch of streamed events and am basically a part-time customer.  

• Fire 3

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

The only reason I subscribe to Flo is because they have some actual wrestling tournaments streamed at points throughout the season.

Key word is "some."

As in they play "some" actual tournaments "some" of the time.

But they don't collect "some" of your money, they expect "all" of it even though their product only works "some" of the time.

I have offered to take on only "some" of my salary in order to fix their products. I digress.

i am an idiot on the internet

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I felt it a requirement to offer my services.

I read that "none" of your money supports FloArena when I quickly searched "nhs67 + FloWrestling" on the host of X videos. That is certainly a thing. I would like to know how FloArena and TrackWrestling are paid for if not by subscriptions.

11 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

I read that "none" of your money supports FloArena when I quickly searched "nhs67 + FloWrestling" on the host of X videos. That is certainly a thing. I would like to know how FloArena and TrackWrestling are paid for if not by subscriptions.

Yeah Thiccc bust out the check and mate there all at once.

31 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Yeah Thiccc bust out the check and mate there all at once.

Not going to lie I have been waiting a couple weeks for the right opportunity to post those tweets because they were pure gold. What have you Flo?

Nevermind, I'm sure they will only poach the topics they "like" from this here message board before reminding us it is a "cesspool."

• Fire 3

@Husker_Du What kind of support is needed to be able to set up streaming coverage of tournaments?  

I think every person alive would happily pay for a higher energy, more positive and/or less corporate broadcast.  Any chance you know someone or you could get the old boys back together who were actually worth having? ie joe flo, mike mal, fretwell, roper, all those dudes who actually know wrestling and make the streams exciting?

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

To be fair I think Spey was more just saying “you” don’t pay for FloArena (since anyone can access it without a subscription), not necessarily that Flo doesn’t use your money to pay for it.

If this is now a Flo bashing/suggestion thread, the thing that bugs me the most is when they tease early rounds of events on YouTube, but then don’t even have announcers.  I mean if you want people to watch those so that they subscribe, I would think you’d actually want to put some effort into the event.

8 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

To be fair I think Spey was more just saying “you” don’t pay for FloArena (since anyone can access it without a subscription), not necessarily that Flo doesn’t use your money to pay for it.

If this is now a Flo bashing/suggestion thread, the thing that bugs me the most is when they tease early rounds of events on YouTube, but then don’t even have announcers.  I mean if you want people to watch those so that they subscribe, I would think you’d actually want to put some effort into the event.

Something simple they could (should) do for those matches is do a non-live commentary afterwards.  I would think that they wouldn't have an unmanageable load to do come Monday morning and two or three of them could get through them within an hour (or two).  Not every one of them, mind you - just the ones that are going to get the most clicks, which I am sure they have the data for by Monday anyways (providing it was a Saturday tournament).

Edit: Also, I got that as well with what Spey was saying.  It was short-sighted of me to not get that to  begin with and just get frustrated.  That said... like I said... Thiccc really fckn came in and snuck him there for the KO.

Edited by nhs67

11 minutes ago, BlueWolverine said:

I know a lot about Michigan and their projected lineup. Outside of putting Lamer at the wrong weight, this is pretty accurate. What's your problem with it?

I do as well.  My problem is that I pay for Flo and there are at least three things wrong with putting Lamer at 141.

1 - Wrong weight (duh)
2 - That points to not paying any attention to last season and what weight he was wrestling
3 - Ignoring Ragusin's existence entirely.

No mention of the Lemley being an option up at 149 with Gilcher, and the first option right now is Mayora.  If one of the other three-ish gents prove themselves to be able to score points at nationals - that is when we see them pull their shirt.

No mention of the slew of 197lbers that will be throwing their hats in the ring.

No mention of the potential (and likely) inclusion of Gomez.

This should have been an easy cut/paste job with real discussion at two weight classes (149/197).  There needn't be any real discussion at the other weight classes.  As cut and dry as you get, really.

9 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I do as well.  My problem is that I pay for Flo and there are at least three things wrong with putting Lamer at 141.

1 - Wrong weight (duh)
2 - That points to not paying any attention to last season and what weight he was wrestling
3 - Ignoring Ragusin's existence entirely.

No mention of the Lemley being an option up at 149 with Gilcher, and the first option right now is Mayora.  If one of the other three-ish gents prove themselves to be able to score points at nationals - that is when we see them pull their shirt.

No mention of the slew of 197lbers that will be throwing their hats in the ring.

No mention of the potential (and likely) inclusion of Gomez.

This should have been an easy cut/paste job with real discussion at two weight classes (149/197).  There needn't be any real discussion at the other weight classes.  As cut and dry as you get, really.

Ragusin is redshirting. Lemley is the plan for 141. I think Gilcher is the plan for 149 if/until Gomez.

197 is between Yatooma and Striggow as he wrote. 184 is Rogers/Bullock as he wrote.

I appreciate the work that InterMat and Flo (and others) put into covering the sport. This guy, Mark Spezia, does a nice job and doesn't deserve a whole thread labeling his work "stupid" when he probably got this projected lineup directly from Michigan.

43 minutes ago, BlueWolverine said:

Ragusin is redshirting. Lemley is the plan for 141. I think Gilcher is the plan for 149 if/until Gomez.

197 is between Yatooma and Striggow as he wrote. 184 is Rogers/Bullock as he wrote.

I appreciate the work that InterMat and Flo (and others) put into covering the sport. This guy, Mark Spezia, does a nice job and doesn't deserve a whole thread labeling his work "stupid" when he probably got this projected lineup directly from Michigan.

Who are you hearing this from?  I am hearing conflicting information.

Edit: When I say hearing, I should say heard.  My info is closing in on two months old.

In any case my points on Lamer still stand as appropriately labeled.

Edited by nhs67

35 minutes ago, BlueWolverine said:

Welcome to the board, Mark. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Why would they pay attention to a team in heavy contention to be the runner up from the premiere wrestling conference?

• Haha 1

On 11/9/2023 at 2:27 PM, nhs67 said:

Who are you hearing this from?  I am hearing conflicting information.

Edit: When I say hearing, I should say heard.  My info is closing in on two months old.

In any case my points on Lamer still stand as appropriately labeled.

• Fire 1