Strong day for the Dems in high profile elections today

VakAttack

Retained the Kentucky governorship, retained the Virginia state house, and also got abortion rights into the Ohio Constitution despite sneaky politicking there.  Not necessarily indicative of anything for 2024 with the federal elections, tough Senate slate and obviously we can see what a mess the presidential race is shaping up to be.  Good day for the blues, though. 

2 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I’d say about 65/35, 70/30 on the conservative side. 

What do you wish I would drop, and who is ‘we’ in that scenario?

MAGA

we the people

🙂

Edited by ionel

11 minutes ago, ionel said:

MAGA

we the people

🙂

Trust me, I would love nothing more for our country, than for MAGA to not be a relevant topic. But unfortunately….

(and side note, you certainly don’t speak for ‘we the people’ on that topic. One thing MAGA could understand better is the concept of “my belief does not mean should be everyone’s belief”)

6 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Honestly I think it is pretty indicative of, at least a current snapshot of where we’re headed for next year.  

If republicans don’t truly dump the MAGA train, I feel like Dems are going to see a lot of victories. 

Down ballot, but I think these results also show the Dems have a major Biden problem. His numbers are awful right now. People like Dems. They don't like Biden and don't want him to run. We'll see if the Dems show some courage and make the smart move.

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

Down ballot, but I think these results also show the Dems have a major Biden problem. His numbers are awful right now. People like Dems. They don't like Biden and don't want him to run. We'll see if the Dems show some courage and make the smart move.

It's not even that they don't like him, but it's clear that (fairly) the age is a huge problem.  For whatever reason, the Rs don't feel the same way about similarly aged Trump, but c'est la vie.

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

It's not even that they don't like him, but it's clear that (fairly) the age is a huge problem.  For whatever reason, the Rs don't feel the same way about similarly aged Trump, but c'est la vie.

Trump is at least mentally lucid.   You cannot say that about Biden. 

mspart

8 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I figure Indiana and Kentucky will be two of the last states in the Union..

Kentucky has Big Bourbon and Indiana has Big Pharma - If those actually matter who knows but folks say it a lot over here

I could see Kentucky going first before Indiana does though

After this team does Andy Beshear try his hand at the Senate or does he jump into the national game? He has to wait a cycle if he wants to continue governorship 

While he doesn't have a mandate, he is pretty much loved by all, or at least if feels like it... the only negative remarks during this election were covid (and I mean those folks are voting for him anyway), that he was too nice, and not as progressive as some would like (so all nothing real)

Just now, Ohio Elite said:

Bidens brain is toasted. What planet do you live on? Trump might say some goofy sh*t but atleast he's coherent.

Again, denial of reality.  In the past two months alone he's gone on and on about how he is leading Obama in the polls, Biden was going to plunge us into World War 2, didn't know what city he was in, and confused Jeb Bush with George W. Bush.  This just from a 3 minute Google search.  Neither of these guys is dementia ridden, they're just old.  Too old to be in charge of the country, but here we are.

13 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Neither of these guys is dementia ridden, they're just old.  Too old to be in charge of the country, but here we are.

Biden is senseless and Trump can still put together a sentence and not trail off with - whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrr.   But I agree with Vak's statement above.  Neither should be candidates.

mspart 

Edited by mspart
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, BobDole said:

We really need to stop letting the people vote on things.... what next?

While I do not agree with his example, I do agree with his statement, as did the framers of the constitution.

We don't have a pure democracy. The Senate exists as a check against purely representative government. It is there to specifically stop the many from strictly and always imposing their will on the few.

Weren't you in the room where it happens?

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

9 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

While I do not agree with his example, I do agree with his statement, as did the framers of the constitution.

We don't have a pure democracy. The Senate exists as a check against purely representative government. It is there to specifically stop the many from strictly and always imposing their will on the few.

Weren't you in the room where it happens?

I was in the room just for the signing of the documents. Those meetings were chaotic and let me tell you, Ben Franklin is a jerk!

As for the other comments, complaining that you can't boss around the people because you "lost" on two laws doesn't sound good and shows you don't care about "WE THE PEOPLE." Supposedly, he is of the party with LESS government regulations and MORE freedoms, it doesn't sound that way.

Ohio is at least a light red state and they voted overwelmingly in favor of two very blue issues.