U23 Draws Are Out

nhs67

Just now, bnwtwg said:

You know how I know you're full of shit? Because no taco on the east coast can sniff a fart compared to literally the rest of the country. This is a hill I am very willing to die on. Hell, I'll get banned by the Senator before I back down from this fisticuffs.

I have eaten tacos in Austin, El Paso, Elle Aye, and Albuquerque.  I never said they weren't good.  I said they weren't the best I had.  Top 10?  Probably.

Would you be even more upset if I told you the best I ever had was at some corner store at a four way in the middle of a field near Alma, Michigan thirty years ago?  They were proper Mexican and all they served were tacos to the migrant workers there.  I felt brave one day and I have been striving for that excellence ever since.

Tampa has some good trucks.  Of the four cities I listed above, Elle Aye is the worst of them.  El Paso probably the best.  Austin and Albu are toss-ups.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Also, apparently when you pay for your subscription to Flo, it does not include Floarena - per Spey.

How did you manage to get not only a response, but a response from the lead customer solutions rep?!

• Haha 1

i am an idiot on the internet

1 minute ago, MPhillips said:

Kozak scolded me once...:classic_dry:

I actually like most of them.  Not necessarily on a personal level, but as entertainment and wrestling minds.  What those cu...turdbiscuits did to Brain is unacceptable on a base, moral level and was bad for the sport of wrestling.

Kozak is obviously my favorite.  I wouldn't want to be scolded by him.  Spey, though?  He just doesn't want to take the 'L' there, so he is playing the 'adult' card (might be appropriate at that, too... j/s...).

1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

How did you manage to get not only a response, but a response from the lead customer solutions rep?!

I interact regularly with him.  I don't always come out the gate at him like that, for obvious reasons, but I was stupid annoyed.

Spey isn't so bad, typically.  Not publicly, at least.

• Fire 1

34 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

You know how I know you're full of shit? Because no taco on the east coast can sniff a fart compared to literally the rest of the country. This is a hill I am very willing to die on. Hell, I'll get banned by the Senator before I back down from this fisticuffs.

Maybe.  But we have real pizza.

3 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Maybe.  But we have real pizza.

Best Pizza I have ever had?  A hole in the wall place called Roma Pizza in Torrington, CT.  It isn't even close.

The tacos?  That one is close.

This one isn't.

What is interesting is that there is a Roma Pizza here in Miami.  The owners are childhood friends with the Roma Pizza up there.  They have the same exact recipes for everything.

I like the pizza here.  The pizza up there is all-time.  It's the water, or so both owners say.

• Fire 2

13 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Best Pizza I have ever had?  A hole in the wall place called Roma Pizza in Torrington, CT.  It isn't even close.

The tacos?  That one is close.

This one isn't.

What is interesting is that there is a Roma Pizza here in Miami.  The owners are childhood friends with the Roma Pizza up there.  They have the same exact recipes for everything.

I like the pizza here.  The pizza up there is all-time.  It's the water, or so both owners say.

Jocko Willink is from Torrington, I believe.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I have eaten tacos in Austin, El Paso, Elle Aye, and Albuquerque.  I never said they weren't good.  I said they weren't the best I had.  Top 10?  Probably.

Would you be even more upset if I told you the best I ever had was at some corner store at a four way in the middle of a field near Alma, Michigan thirty years ago?  They were proper Mexican and all they served were tacos to the migrant workers there.  I felt brave one day and I have been striving for that excellence ever since.

Tampa has some good trucks.  Of the four cities I listed above, Elle Aye is the worst of them.  El Paso probably the best.  Austin and Albu are toss-ups.

I misread and thought you said the best taco was from Connecticut. I can 100% believe you had an all-timer in Michigan. Midwest immigrants don't play. New Mexico/ hatch food is almost an entirely different species than the rest of the country but good god everything tastes so f'ing good and the scenery is breathtaking. That state overall is 9.1/10.

• Fire 2

i am an idiot on the internet

No clue if it’s still there or owned by the same people but Taqueria El Paso in Christiansburg, VA was the best taco truck I’ve ever been to. I actually got James Green to try it when he was at VT. I don’t know how or why those guys made it to that area, but it was amazing.

And I’ve lived, worked and traveled in plenty of agricultural areas where I had to speak Spanish to get by. CA, OR, WA produce and orchard country. Currently live in CO and go down to dusty towns in CO and NM all the time. Been to plenty of hole in the wall joints all over the Midwest and the western US, dozens and dozens of them, and that place is still the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 2

I misread and thought you said the best taco was from Connecticut. I can 100% believe you had an all-timer in Michigan. Midwest immigrants don't play. New Mexico/ hatch food is almost an entirely different species than the rest of the country but good god everything tastes so f'ing good and the scenery is breathtaking. That state overall is 9.1/10.

If you ever find yourself north of Santa Fe, go to Abiquiu early in the morning. Go to the gas station and get a breakfast burrito. Sausage, bacon, it doesn’t matter. Just get one red and one green.

You’ll thank me later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 2

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

60 KG - Phillip Moomey lost his R16 match to a gentleman from Kazahkstan via 9-0 Tech in 1M58S.  The gentleman from Kazahkstan has since lost.

Ergo he will not be pulled back in to Repechage.

67 KG - Robert Perez lost his R16 match to a gentleman from Turkey via 2-0 Decision.  The gentleman from Turkey will wrestle in the semifinals in approximately two (2) hours (~10:45 AM US - Eastern).

Perez is still alive for Bronze.

72 KG - Justus Scott lost his R32 match to a gentleman from Spain via 6-0 Decision.  The gentleman from Spain has since lost.

82 KG - Tyler Eischens lost his QF match to a gentleman from Egypt via 9-0 Tech in 1M42S.  The gentleman from Egypt will wrestle in the semifinals in approximately two (2) hours (~10:45 AM US - Eastern).

Eischens is still alive for Bronze.

97 KG - Cade Lautt lost his QF match to a gentleman from Armenia via 8-0 Tech in 2M18S.  The gentleman from Armenia will wrestle in the semifinals in approximately two (2) hours (~10:45 AM US - Eastern).

Lautt is still alive for Bronze.

67 KG - The gentleman from Turkey that Perez lost to won his semifinal match over a gentleman from Japan.  Perez has been pulled back in to Repechage.

Perez is still alive for Bronze.

82 KG - The gentleman from Egypt that Eischens lost to has lost his semifinal match to a gentleman from Turkey.

97 KG - The gentleman from Armenia that Lautt lost to has lost his semifinal match to a gentleman from Belarus.

WFS

57 KG - Xochitl Mota Pettis loses her Bronze medal match to a gentlewoman from Turkey via 4-3 in a last second exchange that the Turkey gentlewoman won.  Was 3-3 and challenged by XMS, in favor of the Turkey gentlewoman.

Edited by nhs67

2 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

And at least for one more year- both as a fan and a tournament organizer.

i wish they would dissolve the wall between flo and track. i am still not sure what level of subscription i need to see weight certifications on track.

28 minutes ago, ugarles said:

i wish they would dissolve the wall between flo and track. i am still not sure what level of subscription i need to see weight certifications on track.

I log in to track with my Flo credentials and can see what you see me posting (screenshots, etc).

• Fire 1

On 10/27/2023 at 8:49 PM, nhs67 said:

I log in to track with my Flo credentials and can see what you see me posting (screenshots, etc).

i thought that would be true but track acknowledges my flo login and still parts are inacessible

On 10/27/2023 at 8:40 PM, gimpeltf said:

I believe the only way is to be a coach for that team.

is nhs67 secretly tom brands (sorry i don't mean to antagonize the only actually useful poster other than SHP)

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1