U23 Draws Are Out

nhs67

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

I gathered that, I just don't know why they didn't challenge the scoring sequence.  Seems typical to do that when the match ends in a flurry like that.

i guess but this wasn't really ambiguous. WH clearly rolled him through twice and Turkey got 2 for exposure and not 1 for a reversal which would probably have drawn a challenge.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Hope that knee heals up, and quick.  He looked fantastic.

The trainer sprayed the magical cold spray on him OVER his knee pad.   It must be able to penetrate the neoprene and still heal! That stuff is truly amazing.

The knee wrap was pulled down before the spray was "administered," I believe.

1 hour ago, ugarles said:

they started by spraying the wrap and i think he was like "I'm not a doctor, but..."

Dude is in the air force. You think he’s going to take some commie Russian medicine? Hell no!! Murica!!

(NSFW)

• Fire 2

i am an idiot on the internet

5 hours ago, nhs67 said:

No ACL Kerk beats that version of Hendrickson.

Freestyle Schultzy beats both.

Davison beats Scultzy.

Cassioppi lose in NCAA finals to Davison.

Kerk and Hendrickson probably a tossup right now.

But I think they’re the clear 1/2

6 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Kerk and Hendrickson probably a tossup right now.

But I think they’re the clear 1/2

The Hendrickson we saw just now was clearly hobbled.  Let's see how he heals first.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

We're not going to see Flynn or Hardy until the run the second set of repechage matches later on.

They're presently wrestling the women's qualifying rounds right now. Katerina Lange lost her first rnd to an AIN Russian Vusala Parfianovich, 7-1 .

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

11 hours ago, nhs67 said:

The Hendrickson we saw just now was clearly hobbled.  Let's see how he heals first.

I don't know if it was this match or another, but a leg got twisted and you could hear the table screaming "Stop the match!," but the ref shook them off. There's gotta be a restart in those positions. Unless it is Tyler Nixt. Athlete safety has to be number one, and the ref should be reprimanded. 

• Fire 2

Just now, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

I don't know if it was this match or another, but a leg got twisted and you could hear the table screaming "Stop the match!," but the ref shook them off. There's gotta be a restart in those positions. Unless it is Tyler Nixt. Athlete safety has to be number one, and the ref should be reprimanded. 

I didn't have sound on.  I am glad I did not.

• Fire 1

Women today.

50 KG - Audrey Jimenez is in to the semi-finals, so she will at least wrestle for a medal.  Two Techs (Spain, India).  She faces an Azeri named Elnura Mammadova in the semi-finals.  The Azeri lost to Alisha Howk at last year's U23s up at 55 KG.  It looks like most of her career has been at 55 KG and she has recently flirted with dropping to 53 KG a couple of times... so 50 KG is light for her.  I expect Jimenez to win, still, even if she is quite a bit smaller.

55 KG - Alisha Howk won via come-from-behind Pinfell over Italy in the R16.  She lost via 90 second Tech against the 2023 U20 Russo World Champ in the QF.  I imagine she gets pulled back in.

59 KG - Nichole Moore beat a Polish lady in the R16 via 9-0 Decision.  She then lost to a Canardian in Michaela Rankin via 7-0 Decision in the QF.  Rankin is a Ginger so she has no soul... actually not much info on her aside for she is having a stellar year.  Not sure if Moore gets pulled back in, though.

68 KG - Katerina Lange lost in her R16 match to a Russo.  This same Russo lost to Bruntil via 2-1 Decision at Worlds this year, so she is legit for U23s.  She also placed 2nd at U23s in 2021, so there is that, too.  Hopefully Lange gets pulled back in... she would have to run the Repechage gauntlet, though, having lost so early.

76 KG - Kennedy Blades hasn't been on the mat for but 2M9S through two quick 10-0 Techs.  She faces Lithuania's Kamile Gaucaite in the semi-finals.  Gaucaite lost to Makoyed earlier this year via 10-0 Tech, so I like Kennedy's odds to make the finals.

• Fire 2

In all the excitement of the women's 1st day of competition, did anyone notice about Hardy's result in his repechage match?

... by the way, he beat the Moldovan, by coming from behind to win 7-4 to wrestle for the bronze later on today.

(😏 tanxs, D3... you're welcome wrestling fans!)

D3

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

10 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

In all the excitement of the women's 1st day of competition, did anyone notice about Hardy's result in his repechage match?

... by the way, he beat the Moldovan, by coming from behind to win 7-4 to wrestle for the bronze later on today.

(😏 tanxs, D3... you're welcome wrestling fans!)

D3

It weren't no epic come-from-behind, mate.

1-1, 26S to go in the 1st.

4-3 at the break, in favor of the Moldovan.

TD with 1M45S to go in the 2nd for Hardy to go up 5-4.

Garbage last second TD with 1S remaining to win 7-4.

Edited by nhs67

Hardy faces a Georgian in Goga Itinashvili for Bronze.

The Georgian is 18 at the oldest right now as he competed at U17 last year.  Here is what he has done in the last year.

2022 U17 Euros - 4W-1L, 2nd - Lost to an Azeri3-3
2022 U17 Worlds - 4W-1L, 3rd - Lost to an Azeri 9-4
- Lost to same Azeri at both contests
2023 U23 Euros - 2W-1L, 3rd - Lost to a different Azeri 7-6
2023 U20 Euros - 3W-1L, 2nd - Lost to a Ukrainian 16-6
2023 U20 Worlds - 2W-1L, 8th - Lost to a Russo 10-0
2023 U23 Worlds - 2W-1L, 3rd/5th - Lost to another different Azeri 5-1

Guy only loses a lot to Azeri-gents... but only loses once per tournament it seems (joke:haha)...