Way too early Hodge rankings

Jimmy Cinnabon

* This ranking assumes the wrestlers win out, in typical fashion

** With Yianni already taking a L he is out of the rankings

1. Spencer Lee - With Yianni losing, the Hodge is Spencer's to lose.  He could wrestle the minimum regular season matches, skip Big 10s, and will still win NCAAs easily.  4x NCAA champ = auto-Hodge

2. RBY - this is a tough one since Starrocci and Brooks can also become 3x national champs this year, but I think if RBY beats Fix for a 3rd time in the finals he wins it.

3. Brooks - I think the margin between RBY, Brooks and Starroci is slim but I see Brooks winning in a more dominant fashion.

4. Starroci - I think he can become a 3x NCAA champ.  Lewis can still knock him off though.

5. O'Toole - can become a 2x NCAA champ, will probably score a ton of bonus this season.

6. Schultz - a snoozefest but should easily repeat as NCAA champ this year

36 minutes ago, Wrestej said:

The way you keep posting this to Cinnabon makes me remember a movie from my teenage years.  A newspaper boy follows a guy all throughout the movie wanting his two dollars.

If he paid his debts (plural) I wouldn't be required to remind him to pay hist debts.

Add in that his debts aren't to individuals, but groups and I might let it geaux.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

5 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

1. Spencer Lee - With Yianni losing, the Hodge is Spencer's to lose.  He could wrestle the minimum regular season matches, skip Big 10s, and will still win NCAAs easily.  4x NCAA champ = auto-Hodge

2. RBY - this is a tough one since Starrocci and Brooks can also become 3x national champs this year, but I think if RBY beats Fix for a 3rd time in the finals he wins it.

3. Brooks - I think the margin between RBY, Brooks and Starroci is slim but I see Brooks winning in a more dominant fashion.

4. Starroci - I think he can become a 3x NCAA champ.  Lewis can still knock him off though.

5. O'Toole - can become a 2x NCAA champ, will probably score a ton of bonus this season.

Didn't Metcalf get unceremoniously spladled and pinned, and still won the Hodge?

If Lee and Yianni win NCAAs they're co-Hodges.

21 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Carr and O’Toole will likely match up 2 times before NCAAs.  I think if any of the 65s can run the table they’ll be in the mix for Hodge as all 3 will be 2x champs.  If O’Toole is able to beat Carr multiple times and then win NCAAs with Carr and Griffith, I’m giving it to him. He will have a lot of pins and a very strong schedule. 

• Fire 2

34 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Yianni could win it with a loss if there are no other big name undefeateds. I think Spencer Lee who is undefeated with at least 10 matches wins it easily.

4x NCAA is worth like 90% of winning the Hodge.

I’d think all of the following would be “big names” that would have to lose for Yianni to win

Lee (or wrestle less than like 10 matches)

RBY or Fix

O’Toole or Carr

Starocci

Brooks

Don’t see that happening

Edited by 1032004

I’d think all of the following would be “big names” that would have to lose for Yianni to win
Lee (or wrestle less than like 10 matches)
RBY or Fix
O’Toole or Carr
Starocci
Brooks

Don’t see that happening

O’Toole is going to have so many tough matches this year. Carr 2x (at least), plus potentially a very tough QF, semi and final. If he runs that gauntlet, he deserves to win it.

I think anyone with a loss should be out, automatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Le duke said:

O’Toole is going to have so many tough matches this year. Carr 2x (at least), plus potentially a very tough QF, semi and final. If he runs that gauntlet, he deserves to win it.

I think anyone with a loss should be out, automatically.

O’Toole will not lose this year and quite possibly not another college match, barring injury.  This kid is special.  I’ve watched him wrestle a lot and he is always in control.  He went through a gauntlet last years Championships with a broke ankle.  Nobody is going to stop him and to be honest I don’t even think it is close.  If he put his mind to it I think he could bonus everyone this year including Carr.  O’Toole will go down as an all timer.  I think the only thing that keeps him from going up to 174 and taking on Starocci is staying in closer range to 74kg for Olympic weight.

• Fire 1

O’Toole will not lose this year and quite possibly not another college match, barring injury.  This kid is special.  I’ve watched him wrestle a lot and he is always in control.  He went through a gauntlet last years Championships with a broke ankle.  Nobody is going to stop him and to be honest I don’t even think it is close.  If he put his mind to it I think he could bonus everyone this year including Carr.  O’Toole will go down as an all timer.  I think the only thing that keeps him from going up to 174 and taking on Starocci is staying in closer range to 74kg for Olympic weight.

If he goes up, he doesn’t make the final.

2 hours ago, Wrestej said:

Lol come on bro, what a bad take 

46 minutes ago, BaldAt23 said:

Lol come on bro, what a bad take 

Bonusing Carr may be a slight exaggeration but I don’t think it’s that bad of a take.  He was 25-0 with a ton of bonus as essentially a redshirt freshman.  

Would be cool to see him bump up to take on Starocci in a year or two (assuming Starocci doesn’t bump to 184 after Brooks graduates).