Things my father said

jross

In the land before mobile phones, my father and I found ourselves waiting for a family friend. We arrived ten minutes early in our trusty blue Nissan pickup, the vehicle that had carried us across the Midwest for countless wrestling tournaments. However, the friend had yet to appear five minutes past the agreed meeting time. At that moment, my father's frustration surfaced as he grumbled about punctuality and shared that if you're not 10 minutes early, you're 20 minutes late

Edited by jross

13 minutes ago, jross said:

In the land before mobile phones, my father and I found ourselves waiting for a family friend. We arrived ten minutes early in our trusty blue Nissan pickup, the vehicle that had carried us across the Midwest for countless wrestling tournaments. However, the friend had yet to appear five minutes past the agreed meeting time. At that moment, my father's frustration surfaced as he grumbled about punctuality and shared that if you're not 10 minutes early, you're 20 minutes late

So you are supposed to be there 29 minutes early? Sounds like a waste of time.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

My Dad could have been a comic,  but the only thing he taught me,  and I've said it before: never make a bet that you won't win. 

Provides MORE evidence that I was trying to hook him into a sucker bet.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

A second one.  He was born in 1928, a farm kid and farmer,  so far from a hard left libberol, but staunch Democrat.

If homosexuality was the biggest problem that we had in this country it'd be a damned nice place to live. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

Upon holding his infant grandson for the first time my father looked up at me and stated,  "What a miracle . . .  that someone as flawed as you can produce someone as perfect as this."

I used that same line on that same kid 24 years later.

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1