Tommy Tuberville - Alabama, get off your a**

GreatWhiteNorth

1 hour ago, jross said:

Every person across parties that I've spoken with want...

• Quality, Affordable Healthcare
  • Fair elections
  • Money out of politics

First to the subject of the thread:  The objection is to ‘voting’ for multiple promotions/appointments without voting, by merely not objecting.  That is just brainless, mindless approval without knowing or examining the qualifications of the candidates.  That’s how you get people asking:  “How did this happen?”  If the recently imposed, not voted on, policy of spending taxpayers dollars on abortion is not rescinded, then me and Tommy Tuberville object.  

Quality, affordable health care might be best achieved by removing the limits on how many medical school students are allowed.  Based on results from the countries that have government run health care, that’s not the answer.  

Fair elections, with voter IDs, paper ballots and hand counting, absentee/mail in ballots upon request and verification of absence or handicap would result in higher voter confidence in our elections.  Similar to France’s elections, where their results come in before the next morning.  

Money out of politics could mean either elections or legislation.  Sometimes the biggest spenders lose (see hiliary clinton).  Military and government officials moving to lobbyist positions, and lobbyist spending can be detrimental, but it’s not always.  Less money and more virtuous members in government, less bureaucracy and agency, would help sustain liberty and cut spending. 

2 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Quality, affordable health care might be best achieved by removing the limits on how many medical school students are allowed.  

Can you clarify this one? I was not aware of any limits on the number of medical school students, nor could I find any reference to limits.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

7 hours ago, jross said:

Ban logically does not owe Bob Dole $1,000 and yet 35 forum members find him guilty of all charges.  Emotional bias goes against Ban Basketball, much like it goes against Trump.  

Exactly correct.  As I said throughout, no one even read the thread because if they had it's pretty clear that we never agreed upon conditions.  It was just, "Ban bad...must follow herd...NOW!"

Regarding Inmate #PO1135809 is an authoritarian criminal and deserves everything bad that comes his way.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

4 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

Secondly, I have yet to meet a conservative that resists change and wants to move backwards. 

Really?  I've met a lot of them, and survey research shows us that as well.

1956 is the "ideal" year reported by them, when things were "at their best."  What did that entail?  Minority groups didn't have rights/equality and women had fewer protections.

Since then, you ask?  Getting rid abortion from a Federal standpoint, book bans and course content cancelling (OLD ideas), supporting gerrymandered voting areas, ostracizing those in the LGBT communities, harping that "woke" (equality and respeck for it) is harmful, rolling back environmental regulations, re-segregating schools (legislation passed here in Ioway), justifying mocking those with disabilities, just to name a FEW off of the top of my head.

Others want to add to it?

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

There have been bills running around MAGAville insisting that creationism be taught in schools, others want the Ten commandments to be prominently posted in every public school,  Roe vs Wade all but overturned.  Affirmative action gone.  I could go on with backwards sliding.  It is everywhere.  

Resistance to change doesn't exist?  ROTFLMAO

16 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

There have been bills running around MAGAville insisting that creationism be taught in schools, others want the Ten commandments to be prominently posted in every public school,  Roe vs Wade all but overturned.  Affirmative action gone.  I could go on with backwards sliding.  It is everywhere.  

Exactly,  and this overlooks all of the policy changes that have set racial equality backward,  but the open hostility and antagonism of race and race issues is my most noteworthy example. 

We again have prominent politicians/"politicians" who openly pal around and court white power groups.  Don't even hide it any longer. 

35 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

MAGA is none of those things.

But as a person, I'm okay with optional topics in school. I am okay with discussing/displaying ethical guidelines from the Abrahamic religions (and others), thrilled that abortion law is back at the state level where it belongs, and happy to see affirmative action losing steam.  I'm not okay with coercing everyone to worship, to pray, etc... 

Edited by jross
I'm agnostic and okay with teaching ethics from religion? OMG!

15 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Exactly,  and this overlooks all of the policy changes that have set racial equality backward,  but the open hostility and antagonism of race and race issues is my most noteworthy example. 

We again have prominent politicians/"politicians" who openly pal around and court white power groups.  Don't even hide it any longer. 

MAGA is not a race issue.

26 minutes ago, jross said:

MAGA is not a race issue.

Oh,  it's VERY much a race issue.  It's at the center of all of it.

Honestly when I think of ‘MAGA’: I don’t think in terms of an agenda, but more of a relatively small group of individual who have cultivated significant influence, for whom MAGA truly means “Make America Great for Me, my way, no other way, any other idea is trash”. 

The actual agendas and desires will vary a little among that small group of individuals. But the one constant is ‘me’, and unfortunately they have in fact developed major influence that has allowed the public to benefit the server, instead of the way it’s supposed to be in public service.  It’s not a new problem, but like everything else, there’s levels to this.  

31 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Honestly when I think of ‘MAGA’: I don’t think in terms of an agenda, but more of a relatively small group.  

This could be and if so then why worry about this small group & why spend so much time & energy worrying about maga?  

12 minutes ago, ionel said:

This could be and if so then why worry about this small group & why spend so much time & energy worrying about maga?  

46 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Honestly when I think of ‘MAGA’: I don’t think in terms of an agenda, but more of a relatively small group of individual who have cultivated significant influence, for whom MAGA truly means “Make America Great for Me, my way, no other way, any other idea is trash”. 

The actual agendas and desires will vary a little among that small group of individuals. But the one constant is ‘me’, and unfortunately they have in fact developed major influence that has allowed the public to benefit the server, instead of the way it’s supposed to be in public service.  It’s not a new problem, but like everything else, there’s levels to this.  

2 hours ago, jross said:

MAGA is none of those things.

But as a person, I'm okay with optional topics in school. I am okay with discussing/displaying ethical guidelines from the Abrahamic religions (and others), thrilled that abortion law is back at the state level where it belongs, and happy to see affirmative action losing steam.  I'm not okay with coercing everyone to worship, to pray, etc... 

MAGA has nuance.  Like all things.  Tuberville’s election and behavior are MAGA.  Same with MTG, Lauren Boebert and others.  A direct result of starting your campaign with wild accusations against Mexicans and implicit acceptance of David Dukes full throated endorsement on Super Tuesday.

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

This is fact.  I used to think it was a very small group, like 5-10%.  It is multiples of that.

18 minutes ago, headshuck said:

People like labels for everyone, like redneck, blue collar, yuppie, deplorables...

They sure do.  Rapists, drug dealers, cryin’, lyin’, crazy, sanctimonious, meatball, crooked, sleepy, low energy, little, sloppy, horse face and so on and so forth.

• Fire 1

The racist accusations are outrageously inaccurate, inflammatory, and unsupportable.   Universities across the country are segregating themselves, while faculties are overwhelmingly dimocrat.  Why is that?  

Conservatives in general, and those who want to Make America Great Again, favor independence, self reliance, and personal responsibility, not the soft bigotry of low expectations.  Read some Thomas Sowell, Bob Woodson, and Wilfred Reilly to gain perspective on the state of racial relations.  

With regards to Trump, dig up any propaganda you can find;  I’m going to listen to his longtime friend Hershel Walker, and Dr. Ben Carson and the deceased Herman Cain when they say he’s not bigoted or racist.  

image.png.b62dfa84d9201344ab43adf251d3ce24.png

Edited by Offthemat
  • Haha 1