Israel Attacked

Bigbrog

11 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

What i missing with the horses and donkeys?

The picture shown has a horse hit by an ambulance. the horse is underneath the ambulance. The right front of the ambulance is damaged. They must have used the wrong picture to depict an airstrike .There is no way that ambulance was hit by an air strike.

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

So what part of the youtube do you disagree with or is factually wrong?

I’m smart enough to know that I don’t factually know nearly enough about the history of these two to have any strong opinion on what is factual, what is propaganda, and what the answers to resolve them are. I’m also smart enough to know that if I were to decide to educate myself on that history, there are a lot of places I would go before YouTube. 

My comment was more in the general sense than specific to this actual clip. 

3 hours ago, Paul158 said:

The picture shown has a horse hit by an ambulance. the horse is underneath the ambulance. The right front of the ambulance is damaged. They must have used the wrong picture to depict an airstrike .There is no way that ambulance was hit by an air strike.

in this case you’re wrong. israel not only confirmed the strike but is touting it as a success. 

possible video

2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

in this case you’re wrong. israel not only confirmed the strike but is touting it as a success. 

possible video

So why no after video? I couldn't confirm anything from that.  And where's the horse?

• Fire 1

On 11/3/2023 at 3:34 PM, uncle bernard said:

your mind is so rotted that you cant conceive of having empathy for a captive civilian population living under one tyrannical government while being bombed by another. 

i certainly have sympathy for the innocent. i also know the underlying foundation/history and the reality of the situation. 

TBD

11 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

I have no problem with Israel trying to eliminate Hamas. However, if you kill thousands of civilians in the process, you will never end terror. It’s totally counterproductive (and evil). 

There’s very little evidence this bombing campaign has made a dent in Hamas, who are all underground. It has, however, created thousands of orphans who will grow up to join Hamas or similar groups to avenge their friends and family. It’s stoked the flames of larger regional war that could cost many more lives. And all while not accomplishing the thing it says it wants to accomplish. 

You are confused here. Worldwide terror is not the target. It is far simpler than that.

The current effort isn't intended to end terror - it is intended to eliminate Hamas.

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

They are all going to eventually agree with this.   This operation will result in Hamas' death and they will declare victory. That will give rise to others just like them or worse.  History is clear on that.

I don't know who "They" is supposed to be, but you - like UB - have it backwards.

Hamas is very simply and very clearly the guilty bastards and the target here. If they are eliminated, it will be an actual victory.

The notion that any country could eliminate global terrorism is unrealistic. It's much too big of a cancer.

It doesn't matter if Israel acted to eliminate Hamas or not, terrorism from the group would continue to grow and spread. You're right, history is clear on that. Inaction will not change that any more than action.

What Israel is doing is eliminating the one terrorist group that is by far the worst in terms of their peoples' security. Just the one. That will improve their security for now. The only other option would be to give up and let the terrorist bastards have their way.

Just like solving any big problem. You break it up into small solvable pieces and move forward. You can't solve it all at once.

• Fire 1

12 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

You are confused here. Worldwide terror is not the target. It is far simpler than that.

The current effort isn't intended to end terror - it is intended to eliminate Hamas.

1 minute ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I don't know who "They" is supposed to be, but you - like UB - have it backwards.

Hamas is very simply and very clearly the guilty bastards and the target here. If they are eliminated, it will be an actual victory.

The notion that any country could eliminate global terrorism is unrealistic. It's much too big of a cancer.

It doesn't matter if Israel acted to eliminate Hamas or not, terrorism from the group would continue to grow and spread. You're right, history is clear on that. Inaction will not change that any more than action.

What Israel is doing is eliminating the one terrorist group that is by far the worst in terms of their peoples' security. Just the one. That will improve their security for now. The only other option would be to give up and let the terrorist bastards have their way.

Just like solving any big problem. You break it up into small solvable pieces and move forward. You can't solve it all at once.

You can eliminate Hamas (maybe), but a new group will spring up in its place if the consequence of eliminating Hamas is the ethnic cleansing of Gaza and the West Bank (unless you commit a full genocide and kill all the Palestinians). Then you have Hezbollah, Houthis, Iran, etc…

As long as Israel’s focus is on military occupation, it will never have a hope of normalizing relations with its neighbors. It will always be under threat. 

Stealing the land isn’t just wrong. It’s stupid.

19 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

You can eliminate Hamas (maybe), but a new group will spring up in its place if the consequence of eliminating Hamas is the ethnic cleansing of Gaza and the West Bank (unless you commit a full genocide and kill all the Palestinians). Then you have Hezbollah, Houthis, Iran, etc…

As long as Israel’s focus is on military occupation, it will never have a hope of normalizing relations with its neighbors. It will always be under threat. 

Stealing the land isn’t just wrong. It’s stupid.

Military occupation. No, not at all. Israel has made it crystal clear they have no interest in occupying Gaza. Only eliminating Hamas and tyranny.

You just recently described Hamas an evil tyrannical regime and that you "have no problem with Israel trying to eliminate Hamas."

Once the Palestinians in Gaza are free from the evil government, they'll be able to form their own government. Perhaps in conjunction with the PLA, or perhaps differently. They'll be free to choose.

That sounds like a win-win:

• Palestinians will have their own land, and their own choice of government.
  • Israeli's will have eliminated the biggest source of insecurity to their people.
  • Yes, of course terrorism will still continue, but we didn't expect to solve all the world's problems - just the one currently at hand.

This is a good solid plan that would make sense to anyone, including you.

(Unless you're lying to us all and you have a different agenda in mind.)

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

8 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

what i still haven't gotten an answer on (a credible answer), is why egypt (or any country in the region) won't take in the palestinians.

literally just open the gate. and no more unnecessary civilian casualties. what am i missing? 

you’ve been given this answer multiple times. it’s pretty cut and dry

There are many analysts saying different things but..

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi says he won't allow refugees from Gaza into his country, adding it would make the peninsula a target for Israel the whole concept of transferring Palestinians from the Gaza Strip into Sinai is simply moving the fighting and resistance from the Gaza Strip to Sinai which means Sinai will become a base for military operations against Israel and then Israel will try to defend itself and direct its military operations against Egypt.

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

and you're full of shit or gullible. not one, zero nations including egypt who could take them in easily?

it almost seems, gasp!, that they want their to be conflict and tension.

no that’s not why. of course they could take them in. you’ve been told. they won’t take them in because Israel will never let them return. Egypt (or any arab country) wants no part in ethnically cleansing Gaza. It’s a political issue. 

2 hours ago, jross said:

There are many analysts saying different things but..

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi says he won't allow refugees from Gaza into his country, adding it would make the peninsula a target for Israel the whole concept of transferring Palestinians from the Gaza Strip into Sinai is simply moving the fighting and resistance from the Gaza Strip to Sinai which means Sinai will become a base for military operations against Israel and then Israel will try to defend itself and direct its military operations against Egypt.

Egypt’s prime minister, Mostafa Madbouly, says, "We are prepared to sacrifice millions of lives to ensure that no one encroaches upon our territory.”

-------

The Egyptian narrative "Not wanting to assist Ethnic Cleansing (relocating)" needs to be scrutinized because Egypt indirectly enables Ethnic Cleansing (violence) when refusing to follow its obligations per the 1951 United Nations Refugee Convention and the 1967 Protocol.  

Egypt doesn't want Gazan refugees because enough Gazan citizens have concerning violent intent.  This goes back to the July 2023 survey, where 47% of Gazan citizens want escalated resistance against Israel.  

Egypt is favoring its national security over humanitarian obligations.

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

so 'gullible' was the correct answer.

"innocent people are being slaughtered but we're keeping them locked in there because they'll never go back.'

that's your theory? seems ultra logical and humanitarian. 

not just because “they’ll never go back” but because they would be aiding in the ethnic cleansing of a people that have been an important cause for muslims for 75 years. it’s an unforgivable offense in the eyes of the people and untenable politically.  

your view is that they want to cause tension? my guy, letting the Israeli’s cleanse Gaza would cause 100x as much tension. It would probably start a regional war. 

baby brained take