Israel Attacked

Bigbrog

50 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Then you’re not familiar with his writing.  He’s written whole books covering those topics.  

?

I am familiar with what I am reading, which is credited to him.  Maybe he has a lot of time on his hands and writes whole books of nonsense covering those topics 

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

?

I am familiar with what I am reading, which is credited to him.  Maybe he has a lot of time on his hands and writes whole books of nonsense covering those topics 

I've read a lot os Sowell's work and although I may disagree with a lot of his conclusions I've always found him to be thoughtful and his work far from being labeled nonsense 

• Fire 3

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

21 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Facts don't change.  That's what makes them facts.  Something else changed.   Now, what could that be . . . 

21 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Don't be shy. Go ahead and give us your conspiracy theory.

I am not even sure of the context that led to an original post of (paraphrasing) "directly related to the number of times the facts changed".  So I have no theory, conspiratorial or otherwise, on said context.  I was commenting only about the nature of a fact and its immutable nature.  My last sentence was meant to be slyly provocative so I guess it accomplished that.  However, I am sorry to disappoint with the very constrained focus of my comments on facts and have no conspiracy theory with which to entertain my brethren.

18 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

not a single person on here claimed it was lmao

go back and read @Offthemat post more carefully. 

You're tiresome. Maybe you should read through the thread double carefully.

Nothing has changed. Still - dataforprogress.org is NOT the same site as progress.org at a different page.

Going to the correct site MATTERS, in a huge way. Tricking people into going to an unintended site is a tried-and-true way for cyber bad guys to trick people. The closer people pay attention the better.

Don't try to downplay it. You help nobody by doing that.

2 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

these kinds of posts happen way to often on here. waste of time and pointless.

'that's stupid'

'that's wrong'

just make a rebuttal with substance.

you do this often as does GWN and BB

1 hour ago, PortaJohn said:

I've read a lot os Sowell's work and although I may disagree with a lot of his conclusions I've always found him to be thoughtful and his work far from being labeled nonsense 

Meh.  He is stupid and wrong!

6 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

You missed the last half of my post -- the one where I was waiting for the point you were trying to make?

OIP.bJgjO8-sMu8hL7y-MoslIgHaEl?w=180&h=1

Hypocrisy, it’s fun to point it out and watch them squirm. I could write out a big long post full of word salad to help make it more clear but…..nah. Done here, enjoy. 

Edited by WrestlingRasta

10 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

You're tiresome. Maybe you should read through the thread double carefully.

Nothing has changed. Still - dataforprogress.org is NOT the same site as progress.org at a different page.

Going to the correct site MATTERS, in a huge way. Tricking people into going to an unintended site is a tried-and-true way for cyber bad guys to trick people. The closer people pay attention the better.

Don't try to downplay it. You help nobody by doing that.

i’m going to put you out of your misery.

you misread @Offthemat post. he said “data for progress.org” the spaces likely from autocorrect. “progress.org” isn’t a a major site of any kind. in fact, it’s less reliable than dataforprogress.org, which is a well established major polling center. 

you are the only one on here who doesn’t understand that or thought anybody was trying to confuse the two sites. 

16 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Hypocrisy, it’s fun to point it out and watch them squirm. I could write out a big long post full of word salad to help make it more clear but…..nah. Done here, enjoy. 

We are all here to share opinions, that is the very point of being here.

You claimed I was some sort of lecturer. Yet, of the two of us, you're the only one giving a lecture.

I have no problems with you or your posts. But if you judge, expect a response. If you don't like that - then maybe, you should choose to not cast judgement.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

i’m going to put you out of your misery.

you misread @Offthemat post. he said “data for progress.org” the spaces likely from autocorrect. “progress.org” isn’t a a major site of any kind. in fact, it’s less reliable than dataforprogress.org, which is a well established major polling center. 

you are the only one on here who doesn’t understand that or thought anybody was trying to confuse the two sites. 

I see what you're saying except the VERY important points:

• data for "progress.org" does NOT equal "dataforprogress.org"
  • data for "google.com" does NOT equal "dataforgoogle.com"
  • data for "apple.com" does NOT equal "dataforapple.com"
  • ...don't blame "autocorrect" - that's just lame

These are details that very much matter.

This is the exact kind of trick that internet bad guys use to try to trick people into following links.

Offthemat made a specific point to tell everyone they were the same thing, when they clearly weren't.

I don't know that poster, but anyone with any internet security experience would know better than to trust anyone who posted in this manner.

Go back and read the thread - my point was always that the two sites were not the same site. Refuting Offthemat's claim that they were the same site. Admit that simple fact and let it go, or just go away.

Don't try to change history with a line of BS. I'm not OK with that.

3 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

This is the exact kind of trick that internet bad guys use to try to trick people into following links.

Offthemat made a specific point to tell everyone they were the same thing, when they clearly weren't.

I don't know that poster, but anyone with any internet security experience would know better than to trust anyone who posted in this manner.

Go back and read the thread - my point was always that the two sites were not the same site. Refuting Offthemat's claim that they were the same site. Admit that simple fact and let it go, or just go away.

Could you make all your posts with red ink?  Just as a warning to unsuspecting readers who might be trying to decipher the meaning behind them. 

12 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

You might be the stupidest man I've ever encountered.