Israel Attacked

Bigbrog

3 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

There are some serious doubts about the fighting capability of IDF infantry and an inexperienced and untested force might not fare well in a ground invasion on Hamas’ home turf. 

A huge portion of the IDF are kids doing their mandatory service time who want no part in a brutal war where they can actually die. 

i don't know anything about the military capability of countries (and i guess, terrorists) across the globe to speak confidently, but my knee jerk reaction to this is the same as when people said 'Russia's military is archaic and will be exhausted in a few weeks' (or something to that effect)

TBD

9 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

i don't know anything about the military capability of countries (and i guess, terrorists) across the globe to speak confidently, but my knee jerk reaction to this is the same as when people said 'Russia's military is archaic and will be exhausted in a few weeks' (or something to that effect)

Russia's been bogged down in a war with a much smaller country for over a year with no end in sight. That's the type of result the IDF is afraid of.

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

The other thing Israel has to be careful about is losing support in the US. Congressional staffers are writing open letters and resigning in protest of the US position. State Department members are resigning and leaking like crazy that the administration has lost its mind. The tide is turning. And most importantly, we're now seeing multiple polls confirming that the public wants de-escalation. 

If US politicians see the way the wind is blowing and have more courage to oppose Israel's warpath, they might be in trouble. Everything they do is contingent on having the full backing and guarantee of the US. 

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Offthemat said:
Data for Progress is the think tank for the future of progressivism. Through polling, policy development, and more, our work shows progressive causes can win.

It's not the only poll

F844Y0hWQAAlc3W?format=jpg&name=small

Here's the UK: 

F83PawkXgAAG_ys?format=jpg&name=small

The general public supports Israel, but wants a ceasefire. People don't like watching children die on either side.

17 minutes ago, Offthemat said:
Data for Progress is the think tank for the future of progressivism. Through polling, policy development, and more, our work shows progressive causes can win.

Data for Progress polls perform really well in the national average. In the last major election, the 2022 midterms, their polls actually ended up overestimating Republicans.

https://www.dataforprogress.org/blog/2022/12/2/dfp-2022-polling-accuracy-report

"Looking at the polls in the general election cycle, our polling margin bias was 1.9 percentage points toward overestimating Republican vote share."

11 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

This video has not stood up to scrutiny. 

watch the vid below for the most recent independent forensic investigation out of the university of london

So how many killed?  Seems they could figure that out.

12 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Data For Progress

I'd advise that NOBODY click the link from this unreliable poster in his previous post.

I've disabled the link in the quote above and changed the color to red.

8 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I'd advise that NOBODY click the link from this unreliable poster in his previous post.

I've disabled the link in the quote above and changed the color to red.

Now, why would that be?  It takes you to data for progress.org, the same site-different page- as uncle bernard’s link.  

• Fire 2
  • Stalling 1

If rust bombing was indeed done by Israel I'm going to demand that everyone on Tattletale "News" and AM radio who have been bullying everyone into silence who questioned the source to collectively apologize to anyone who was willing to think rationally before the facts came out. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

I now also wish that Commander in Chief Biden hadn't said that "the other side" was responsible for it, in front of K.K. Nuttinbutayahoo. He shouldn't be giving that authoritarian pig one iota validation.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

On 10/20/2023 at 2:27 AM, Husker_Du said:

i thought this was a decent summation of what i was talking about