Sadulaev: Medical procedure or Propaganda?

Grecojones

6 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

It never ceases to amaze me that in a sport where 100% of athletes get injured, some do not want to believe it when an athlete says they are injured.

B..b..b..but he's Russian. And on this forum that means he's a lying, doping, evil, Putin-supporting propagandist. 

Actually, it's quite disgusting, some of the disrespect that we see here. Whether it's Sadulaev, before this tournament recognized as the greatest active freestyle wrestler, suddenly accused of or considered a propagandist, or Tadhudinov, the world champion, an obviously excellent technical wrestler with unbelievable fluidity in movement, tall and strong but certainly NOT musclebound, being accused of doping and looking like Boltukaev. 

What's wrong with people? I mean, the Iranian fans accept losses, and show great respect for David Taylor, have always loved JB. Why can't you just accept that our guy lost and maybe on that given day their guy was the better wrestler?

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Pa in Taiwan said:

B..b..b..but he's Russian. And on this forum that means he's a lying, doping, evil, Putin-supporting propagandist. 

What's wrong with people? I mean, the Iranian fans accept losses, and show great respect for David Taylor, have always loved JB. Why can't you just accept that our guy lost and maybe on that given day their guy was the better wrestler?

Well, you got some of the stuff on Saduleev right.

As for the Iranian fans and Taylor: Check out Taylor's social media feed on a daily basis, or check their crowd reactions to him after he dismantled Yazdani in 22.

2 hours ago, Pa in Taiwan said:

Tadhudinov, the world champion, an obviously excellent technical wrestler with unbelievable fluidity in movement, tall and strong but certainly NOT musclebound, being accused of doping and looking like Boltukaev. 

I am not sure what "muscle-bound" means, but I don't think anyone said Taz looked like Bolt.

But this is a guy who came out of nowhere this year, took some losses during the year, and then had an all-time great debut.

I'm not really sure that being "technical" and "fluid" and "not muscle-bound" exonerates anyone from doping.  Do you think Alexander Leipold was clean?  Not musclebound.  Very smooth.

Lance Armstrong.  Not musclebound.  Must be clean.

7 hours ago, Pa in Taiwan said:

Actually, it's quite disgusting, some of the disrespect that we see here. Whether it's Sadulaev, before this tournament recognized as the greatest active freestyle wrestler, suddenly accused of or considered a propagandist, or Tadhudinov, the world champion, an obviously excellent technical wrestler with unbelievable fluidity in movement, tall and strong but certainly NOT musclebound, being accused of doping and looking like Boltukaev. 

I am all for Sadulaev and a speedy recovery and once recovered I would expect him to still be the best in the world.

I will say, though, that the propogandist argument doesn't go very far.  He was literally at a Pro-Ukraine Invasion rally.  That makes him a tool for propaganda, or a propagandist.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I am all for Sadulaev and a speedy recovery and once recovered I would expect him to still be the best in the world.

I will say, though, that the propogandist argument doesn't go very far.  He was literally at a Pro-Ukraine Invasion rally.  That makes him a tool for propaganda, or a propagandist.

Exactly. Very much "Team Z."  That was what I was referring to in my response to PA in Taiwan.  Also "Putin supporting."

image.jpeg.ccad651fbef2370cfe809732ceb62209.jpeg