Vito next

Elevator

4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I could’ve sworn there was someone that took an ORS in 2020 but was still enrolled. Maybe it wasn’t in the Ivy League though

are you thinking of Kolodzik from Princeton? 19-20 season was taking RS (ORS I guess but per Ivy, not enrolled either way is all that matters it sounds like) but came back and competed 2nd half of season, then COVID cancellations = no NCAA, eligibility done. 

my recall anyway, there are EIWA / Ivy guys here who probably know details better

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Two questions. Can Zain make 65kg anymore? Will Gable get permission from fake wrestling to do real wrestling?

My opinion is that we see a repeat from Gable: he wins OTT but doesn’t accept because he wants to keep the allure alive. It’s a trap game because if Parris does anything but win gold then everyone will say “if it were Gable…” and if he beats Parris who’s then goes in to win gold then people will (rightfully) say “Gable doesn’t lose…”

He is pursuing being famous rather than pursuing a GOAT career path in Olympic wrestling. That is his choice and I respect it, this is just how I see it shaking out. And even moreso if he is not all-in then I can see Geno beating him and Zare running amok. He needs to be all-in or else he legit deserves to be goat’d based on only half assing his way to another Olympic gold and shuts the door on that convo forever.

i am an idiot on the internet

On 10/8/2023 at 9:50 PM, bnwtwg said:

My opinion is that we see a repeat from Gable: he wins OTT but doesn’t accept because he wants to keep the allure alive. It’s a trap game because if Parris does anything but win gold then everyone will say “if it were Gable…” and if he beats Parris who’s then goes in to win gold then people will (rightfully) say “Gable doesn’t lose…”

He is pursuing being famous rather than pursuing a GOAT career path in Olympic wrestling. That is his choice and I respect it, this is just how I see it shaking out. And even moreso if he is not all-in then I can see Geno beating him and Zare running amok. He needs to be all-in or else he legit deserves to be goat’d based on only half assing his way to another Olympic gold and shuts the door on that convo forever.

He was barely treading water in fake wrestling while he was splitting his time.  He is in danger of losing the income/notoriety that a WWE career can provide.  I don't think he will attempt to serve two masters once again, even if the WWE allows him to.

On 10/8/2023 at 6:50 PM, bnwtwg said:

He needs to be all-in or else he legit deserves to be goat’d based on only half assing his way to another Olympic gold and shuts the door on that convo forever.

Similar to Mijain Lopez of Cuba.   I'm guessing he comes back for another go.   Pretty incredible.   4 Olympic golds, the last having not competed in 3 years. 

mspart

On 9/29/2023 at 9:35 AM, 11986 said:

are you thinking of Kolodzik from Princeton? 19-20 season was taking RS (ORS I guess but per Ivy, not enrolled either way is all that matters it sounds like) but came back and competed 2nd half of season, then COVID cancellations = no NCAA, eligibility done. 

my recall anyway, there are EIWA / Ivy guys here who probably know details better

I wanna say it might’ve been Fix but honestly can’t remember, I think whoever it was had said it in an interview