2023 World Wrestling tournament...

D3 for LU

4 minutes ago, WildTurk said:

How could he not be? He just dominated the best there is anywhere in the world!  Impressive tournament from him. OW imo 

Micic gets OW.

He didn't break my heart.

• Fire 4

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

How could he not be? He just dominated the best there is anywhere in the world!  Impressive tournament from him. OW imo 
0 justification but I think if he wrestled Saduleav or Snyder next week, we'd all expect it to be considerably closer.
Just giving the older legends the benefit of the doubt.

Obviously wrestling like this, I'd have to believe he's never going to lose another match.

But it just reminds me of Mohammedian or Steroid filled Boltukayev.
Where in the moment it's like: "oh this is the new standard"

But unfortunately, it's gone in a blink .

I hope, he carries this invincibility for awhile, it would make for a fun storyline, and make the division a little more interesting.
(Would love for somebody to emerge at 86kg as well)
  • Fire 2

2 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:

🤣0 justification but I think if he wrestled Saduleav or Snyder next week, we'd all expect it to be considerably closer.

Obviously wrestling like this, I'd have to believe he's never going to lose another match.

I hope, he carries this invincibility for awhile, it would make for a fun storyline, and make the division a little more interesting.

It is pretty amazing when people say PEDs "don't help that much" and then you have the Mohammedian and Boltukaev "before and after" results to point to.

"They don't give you better technique or make you wrestle better, etc..."

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:

0 justification but I think if he wrestled Saduleav or Snyder next week, we'd all expect it to be considerably closer.

Thought the same regarding Bolt and Mo, lol it seems every year before the olympics a monster emerges who ends up being a flop.

But to give him credit he's young ( I think still a junior?), and actually did it in the tournament that matters unlike bolt and mohammadian. Bolt didn't wreck Snyder at the Yarygin that year either if I remember right he just beat him 3 - 1 or something.

• Fire 1

Thought the same regarding Bolt and Mo, lol it seems every year before the olympics a monster emerges who ends up being a flop.
But to give him credit he's young ( I think still a junior?), and actually did it in the tournament that matters unlike bolt and mohammadian. Bolt didn't wreck Snyder at the Yarygin that year either if I remember right he just beat him 3 - 1 or something.

Yeah he didn't obliterate him, but visually just looked the part. Just looked like an unbeatable athlete. I was thinking "this is it, this is an obstacle Snyder isn't going to be able to overcome"

Then non-steroid Bolt, had about 30 seconds of wrestling in him

19 minutes ago, WildTurk said:

Apparently the word is that Sadulaev had an injured neck.... So I'm fully prepared for everyone to say it was a fluke because of that. But the way he handled everyone else... the only explanation is it wasn't a fluke or he was on PEDs. 

7 hours ago, pokemonster said:

Apparently the word is that Sadulaev had an injured neck.... So I'm fully prepared for everyone to say it was a fluke because of that. But the way he handled everyone else... the only explanation is it wasn't a fluke or he was on PEDs. 

I'll go with not a fluke.

Tazhudinov didn't overpower or overwork anyone. He did over-motion, over-reach and over-technique everyone. He was longer in dimension and fluid in motion. He did everything he could with those assets. 

His build is like David Taylor's but bigger: He can reach what he wants, and he does.

I also think his challenges are about to get steeper. Yeah, he just whooped the best in the World, the extent of which is the most remarkable part, but they're gonna start to study him now. It's not that the table will turn, it'll just square. 

What's most impressive to me is that he made it look easy. Apologies for this folk style tangent, but he reminds me of Ed Ruth. Low intensity on the surface - relaxed as if it doesn't really matter; Lanky but somehow slick - they all walked into his game. We've all wrestled with a neck injury at some point, but I think he can touch Sadulaev's ankles anytime he wants, and he can direct Snyder's tail over his shoulders more easily than anyone else in this world. 

Not a Fluke

Edited by denger
typo
  • Fire 3

Wow, this MFS tourney took some unexpected twists. I mean I didn’t see Micic winning Gold or SeaBass winning Silver. I didn’t see many of the big names from Europe and what not, having the outcomes that they had. Honestly I didn’t think Zain would win Gold either, but he really was focused, and got it done. Vito, has looked like he’s been on a mission for a while now, but I didn’t see him winning the title but I did think he’d medal with a Silver or Bronze. So great for Vito, question is, what does he do in 24, like Zain

Zahid knocked off a very tough Iranian and then lost, and I thought he reversed Metcalf himself, but he crunched his way to the Bronze medal, excellent effort. Parris wow, I mean wow, he almost got into the finals so I like what I saw from him. I think Parris will hold down the spot for the immediate future anyway.
Dake I think he’s having weight issues, (I don’t have any inside info), but that’s what it looks like to me. He just doesn’t look like he’s the same Dake bomb kind of guy. I know that he’s probably heavily scouted, so there is that, but he just doesn’t seem to move around like he used to. I could be wrong though. 
Snyder, well obviously the landscape is changing, with up and comers, from  Bahrain, Georgia, Azerbaijan, question is what can Snyder do. I think he’s definitely going to have to analyze everything that went on here and make some adjustments. Lee, did well, he looked better than he looked earlier in the year, so I was kind of impressed. Richards is a very good wrestler, and I don’t know if he makes another team, but if he does, I believe he will do much better. Marsteller, is also a a very good wrestler and I put him in basically the  same position as Richards. 
And then there’s David Taylor, well what can you say, he’s like a wrestling immortal, he’s just on another level. It makes me think though, how good Aaron Brooks must be. 

• Fire 7

Parrish lost 3-2... after her 1st pd TD, she had problems clearing the ties and underhooks.

Reigning World champion taken out of the qualifying round... that is too bad.

D3

Edited by D3 for LU
  • Fire 1
  • Clown 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

9 minutes ago, Tripnsweep said:

Don't know why she was on the clock. The Indian didn't really do anything in the 2nd period. 

... and yet, there they were.

I just did a quick look on the UWW site @ the 53Kg rankings... it doesn't show that Indian wrestler is in the top ten (she wasn't Vinesh Vinesh who was @ 7th.)

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.