2023 World Wrestling tournament...

D3 for LU

7 hours ago, denger said:

I'll go with not a fluke.

Tazhudinov didn't overpower or overwork anyone. He did over-motion, over-reach and over-technique everyone. He was longer in dimension and fluid in motion. He did everything he could with those assets. 

His build is like David Taylor's but bigger: He can reach what he wants, and he does.

I also think his challenges are about to get steeper. Yeah, he just whooped the best in the World, the extent of which is the most remarkable part, but they're gonna start to study him now. It's not that the table will turn, it'll just square. 

What's most impressive to me is that he made it look easy. Apologies for this folk style tangent, but he reminds me of Ed Ruth. Low intensity on the surface - relaxed as if it doesn't really matter; Lanky but somehow slick - they all walked into his game. We've all wrestled with a neck injury at some point, but I think he can touch Sadulaev's ankles anytime he wants, and he can direct Snyder's tail over his shoulders more easily than anyone else in this world. 

Not a Fluke

The only thing I’ll counter is the idea that now Sadulaev will study him.  He grew up under Sadulaev. Sadulaev’s coach coaches him as well.

• Fire 2

MFS was by far the most insane WC I’ve witnessed. I need some aspirin before Greco starts!  Along with the runs turned in by Miccic and T-dov, so much craziness went down that were not even talking about the guy who couldn’t qualify to challenge for the team spot at 86 so he bumped and won a world medal 14 pounds up.  Also noted ten Americans won medals with six in the finals and four gold. 

That RTC system is pumpin. 

Edited by WrestlingRasta
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

The only thing I’ll counter is the idea that now Sadulaev will study him.  He grew up under Sadulaev. Sadulaev’s coach coaches him as well.

I completely agree it wasn't a fluke as well. I wonder how Sadulaev's coach plays into this - do you think he's going to help Sadulaev scheme against the youngin', or just let the guys figure it out on their own?

With Japan on her side, I don't think Miracle will wrestle for a medal/qualify the weight.

Page will sit out until the semi-finals at 62 KG, unless she decides going down behooves her better.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me