Twitter is better

jross

22 minutes ago, jross said:

Enthusiastic is the wrong word choice.  The post is dismissive and critical. 

His post is overly enthusiastic.  A “hold my beer and watch this” vibe.

His tweet is dismissive and critical of what exactly?  The weird part is it is a response to a dare rather than a response to a comment in a conversation.  It is gratuitous.

9 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Where does he say "some"?  Because then you're just adding your own context.  Unless the "some" you're referring to is where he said "Western Jews" and I guess there we're saying he didn't mean all the Jews in the world, just all the Jews the westernized world, which....cool?  And that's if we (generously) completely divorce it from the context of replying to a post about Hitler.

It's a bad post regardless of context.  

The Hitler part is easy to dismiss since Eric doesn't talk about Hitler in the actual tweet, and this is further supported in the tweets surrounding it.  Example: 

Where is the word 'all' in front of Jewish Communities?  The context of which Western Jewish Communities is in the surrounding tweets.  Examples below.

59 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

His post is overly enthusiastic.  A “hold my beer and watch this” vibe.

His tweet is dismissive and critical of what exactly?  The weird part is it is a response to a dare rather than a response to a comment in a conversation.  It is gratuitous.

Good God.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, jross said:

The Hitler part is easy to dismiss since Eric doesn't talk about Hitler in the actual tweet

That is not how it works. When you promote a tweet, you promote the whole tweet. This is social media 101. And a guy like this who lives on twitter, knows this. The Hitler part is impossible to dismiss.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

45 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Social media is a big pile of stinking crap. That’s social media 101.

The reality is social media is whatever you choose it to be. You develop what you see on social media based on what you choose to click on and give attention to, and what you choose to ignore. 

My Twitter is where I go for news orgs. And it’s a toxic waste dump. My Facebook is where I go for food, dogs, and sunsets….and it’s a glorious piece of paradise. 

On 11/19/2023 at 10:25 AM, jross said:

It's a bad post regardless of context.  

The Hitler part is easy to dismiss since Eric doesn't talk about Hitler in the actual tweet, and this is further supported in the tweets surrounding it.  Example: 

Where is the word 'all' in front of Jewish Communities?  The context of which Western Jewish Communities is in the surrounding tweets.  Examples below.

From your last bit of "context":

This isn't a "Jews bad" statement. It's a wake-up call that now, more than ever, Jewish people need to work to build good relations with ethnicities that support them. Not the opposite.

I see the dog whistles are a-blowin'.  Yeah...Jewish people need to build good relations with the "right" ethnicities.  You know...the "good ones."

You can try to spin this all you want.  It's like the argument about how a law can't be racist because it doesn't use racist words.  Or saying "with all due respect" before saying something wildly disrespectful.

• Fire 1

TL;DR Imagine a world where the richest citizen buys a social media company and allows an unrestricted flow of information.  What would the establishment and their powerful allies do?

Elon Musk Tesla GIF

"Unveiled Agendas"

In a world of opulent wealth and clandestine power plays, a twist of fate unfolds when the wealthiest citizen, a charismatic mogul with a penchant for risk, takes center stage in the digital realm. The stage is set for "Unveiled Agendas," a gripping horror drama that explores the collision between transparency and the establishment's grip on control.

As the curtains rise, our protagonist, the richest citizen, unveils a daring plan to open up a social media company for an unrestricted flow of information. The establishment and their powerful allies, a shadowy cabal of influential figures, watch with trepidation as the narrative unfolds.

The establishment, a complex web of interests, faces a moral crossroads. Some members find themselves torn between welcoming the newfound accountability and trust that transparency promises, while others fear the loss of their tight grip on controlling narratives that have subdued the population for so long.

As the tension rises, questions loom in the air. Will the establishment value an open and participatory society, allowing diverse voices to be heard, or will they perceive it as a threat to their carefully curated order? The richest citizen's bold move has inadvertently exposed the underbelly of power, leaving the establishment vulnerable to the unsettling prospect of their unethical behaviors being thrust into the spotlight, threatening both their power and their wallets.

The establishment mobilizes its forces, using political influence to craft legislation that ostensibly controls information in the name of safety and national security. A campaign is launched, painting the unrestricted flow of information as dangerous for the common people, exploiting fears of chaos and misinformation.

Economic leverage becomes a weapon of choice as the establishment deploys its vast resources to pressure the daring citizen and the citizen's companies. Legal battles ensue, creating a high-stakes chess match between the establishment and the champion of transparency.

In an attempt to maintain control of the narrative, the establishment orchestrates a media blitz, discrediting the citizen's intentions and labeling the maverick as a threat to society. Rumors swirl, alliances shift, and the line between truth and manipulation becomes increasingly blurred.

As the tension reaches its climax, the audience is left on the edge of their seats, wondering whether the richest citizen's gamble for openness will prevail or if the establishment's machinations will snuff out the flicker of transparency before it becomes a roaring flame. "Unveiled Agendas" takes viewers on a rollercoaster of suspense, moral quandaries, and unexpected alliances, leaving them eagerly anticipating the resolution of this captivating tale of power, trust, and the battle for a society's soul.

• Fire 1
  • Clown 2

5 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Did you watch this?

Yes.  I thought you would appreciate me using Nancy's explanation of Republican behavior (an ack. to criticism by using the video fact check rather than the contextless clip)

...we ( Media Matters / left ) can use wrap-up smear too!   ...see our work with X

• Fire 1

---------

---------

Angelo Carusone says "Musk confirmed our report was accurate."  Which while technically true, is absolutely disgusting in the manner that MM manipulated it to occur.  His satisfaction with MM's behavior and the outcome of fewer advertisers is gross.  No authentic users saw the ads.  And then smears Musk over another comment taken out of context.  A horror-drama movie indeed!