Twitter is better

jross

why? what did he do that was so terrible? the Sandy Hook thing?
what else has he done that is so abysmal. (this isn't a rhetorical question, i'm genuinely unaware and interested).

It’s kind of wild how you trivialize the deaths of children, and the subsequent demonization of their parents by the person in question.

The piece of shit you’re referencing was sued, found liable, and then moved his assets around in order to minimize any financial liability. He made hundreds of millions of dollars spreading lies he knew to be lies, and then turned turtle like the whiny little shit he is when it came time to pay the piper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

I didn't trivalize anything.

What i know about the incident was he claimed it didn't happen. I'm not entirely sure how he demonized the parents. Honestly.

what other things has he gotten wrong? 

again, i'm not a huge fan, and don't follow him closely, but to say he hasn't gotten things right earlier than most is just a flat out lie and, i suspect, an overreaction to the people that don't respect the sandy hook thing.

which, in and of itself, i don't quite understand.

what about people that say 9/11 was an inside job? do they get sued?

honest question: what did Alex Jones do re: Sandy Hook, that other journalists that have gotten stories wrong didn't?

TBD

What i know about the incident was he claimed it didn't happen. I'm not entirely sure how he demonized the parents. Honestly.
again, i'm not a huge fan, and don't follow him closely, but to say he hasn't gotten things right earlier than most is just a flat out lie and, i suspect, an overreaction to the people that don't respect the sandy hook thing.
honest question: what did Alex Jones do re: Sandy Hook, that other journalists that have gotten stories wrong didn't?

“The Sandy Hook thing.” You just did it again.

Alex Jones and his associates hounded the families of the kids and adults who died at Sandy Hook relentlessly. Jones raised money for, and provided a camera crew to, a guy who stalked the families and extended for years. That same guy posted their addresses and other personal information. An Infowars camera crew regularly attended school board meetings in Newtown and cast doubt on the deaths of 20 first graders and 6 staffers. Jones claimed that a father of a kid who was shot through the head didn’t hold his dead son when he was allowed to see his body at the school. Jones actively advocated for people to harass the families of the victims.

https://apnews.com/article/health-us-news-shootings-texas-lawsuits-d029d6736d2ce6755c9e89e7cf9f27af

• Fire 1

As to the difference in between other journalists and Jones:

The vast majority of them aren’t found liable for defamation not once, but twice, in two different defamation cases in two different states. They also don’t fund and promote the harassment of the families of murder victims to generate content. And then, destruction of evidence that proves he knew it was a lie.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

Gotta say - this reads like Husker is auditioning for a job at Fox news.

7660e312b54a4231157ad1ef54f9bfd3--funny-

4 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

support what? that i didn't know the entire Alex Jones story?

but...you do you, chief. 

Evidently, I didn’t either.  I also don’t follow him but I have listened to him a few times and read some of the proceedings against him and have not heard anything in them about his sending people after the parents.  That some of his followers inserted themselves was mentioned and Jones has apologized.  He said he genuinely thought it was staged.  My guess is some of the liabilities decided against him will struggle against first amendment appeals.  

• Clown 1

16 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Evidently, I didn’t either.  I also don’t follow him but I have listened to him a few times and read some of the proceedings against him and have not heard anything in them about his sending people after the parents.  That some of his followers inserted themselves was mentioned and Jones has apologized.  He said he genuinely thought it was staged.  My guess is some of the liabilities decided against him will struggle against first amendment appeals.  

He was found liable in a court of law and ordered to pay a substantial amount of money to the victims. However, just before the trial he moved his assets around in order to claim to not have enough to pay even a little bit.

His apology was weak and he still to this day goes after those parents. He's not a good person no matter how "right" he seems to be with all his conspiracy theories. Pedal conspiracy theories all you want, but when you go after the families of children that are murdered you lose should lose everything you have ever had. There is a special place for him in the future.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, BobDole said:

He was found liable in a court of law and ordered to pay a substantial amount of money to the victims. However, just before the trial he moved his assets around in order to claim to not have enough to pay even a little bit.

His apology was weak and he still to this day goes after those parents. He's not a good person no matter how "right" he seems to be with all his conspiracy theories. Pedal conspiracy theories all you want, but when you go after the families of children that are murdered you lose should lose everything you have ever had. There is a special place for him in the future.

I feel sorrow and compassion for the people who lost loved ones in the catastrophe.  I don’t think Jones should have said it even if he thought it.  I don’t like him but I don’t hate him either.  I don’t seek to listen to him but when he comes on I don’t reflexively turn him off; I listen to see what he says.  It just occurs to me that the government punishing him may be unconstitutional.  

12 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

I feel sorrow and compassion for the people who lost loved ones in the catastrophe.  I don’t think Jones should have said it even if he thought it.  I don’t like him but I don’t hate him either.  I don’t seek to listen to him but when he comes on I don’t reflexively turn him off; I listen to see what he says.  It just occurs to me that the government punishing him may be unconstitutional.  

What he did was as despicable as humanly possible. He went way beyond just saying things about the tragedy, he stalked and harassed the families for YEARS. There is ABSOLUTE certainty that he went further than "freedom of speech." Stalking and harassment is not included in free speech that you keep clamoring upon. On top of that defamation and slander is NOT included in free speech. Along with all the harassment and stalking he was saying the families were lying and calling them horrible people(to put it nicely).

This was not a one time thing for him and on top of everything he PROFITED from the harassment he did on the families. I'm not sure how despicable of a human you need to be, but he sets the bar extremely high here.

• Fire 1

I don't know to much about Alex Jones...don't think I have ever listened to him speak...but I do know who he is.  What is funny is from an outsiders perspective on this, when Husker asked the question, I personally thought, good question, what did he do or say?  Not sure how asking that question makes someone "trivialize" the killing of innocent kids and have stupid memes pointed in his direction??   And seriously Rasta, you aren't going to unsubscribe to InterMat because Husker asked a question??  Dude...come on!  Ban and GWN are ten times worse than Husker is!!

• Clown 1

I have to wonder what kind of weird ass echo chamber you live in when you don’t know that Alex Jones is a horrible excuse for a human being. His lawsuits were national news. He’s an intestinal parasite feeding off of the shit of humanity. Exploiting horrific tragedies, over and over and over, for personal gain, by selling trash to people who lack any kind of critical thinking ability, moral compass or empathy. That’s his entire business model.

To answer the question: when you call the murders of 20 children and 6 adult staffers, and then the demonization, stalking, and profiteering that Alex Jones participated in, “that sandy hook thing” it has the appearance that you’re minimizing how absolutely horrifying all of it was, and continues to be. This is still going on.

• Fire 2

3 hours ago, Le duke said:

I have to wonder what kind of weird ass echo chamber you live in when you don’t know that Alex Jones is a horrible excuse for a human being. His lawsuits were national news. He’s an intestinal parasite feeding off of the shit of humanity. Exploiting horrific tragedies, over and over and over, for personal gain, by selling trash to people who lack any kind of critical thinking ability, moral compass or empathy. That’s his entire business model.

To answer the question: when you call the murders of 20 children and 6 adult staffers, and then the demonization, stalking, and profiteering that Alex Jones participated in, “that sandy hook thing” it has the appearance that you’re minimizing how absolutely horrifying all of it was, and continues to be. This is still going on.

So sorry...not everyone sits in front of the tv all day soaking in whatever BS the MSM is trying to shove down your throat and paint whomever they disagree with as the worst possible human being.  Alex Jones may in fact be an absolute terrible human being...doesn't mean I am going to believe what some anonymous slanted partisan internet tough guy says on an internet forum.  Fine...you hate Alex Jones...other people don't know who the hell he is, or heard him speak...how and why does that piss you off??  If he is a terrible person and justice was served  yay!  Does that make you feel all warm and fuzzy now??

And I also usually don't listen to people who find the boogie man in everything and every topic.  Because Wille said "that sandy hook thing" do you honestly think he doesn't care that kids and innocent people lost their lives??  Dude...grow up.

• Clown 1

So sorry...not everyone sits in front of the tv all day soaking in whatever BS the MSM is trying to shove down your throat and paint whomever they disagree with as the worst possible human being.  Alex Jones may in fact be an absolute terrible human being...doesn't mean I am going to believe what some anonymous slanted partisan internet tough guy says on an internet forum.  Fine...you hate Alex Jones...other people don't know who the hell he is, or heard him speak...how and why does that piss you off??  If he is a terrible person and justice was served  yay!  Does that make you feel all warm and fuzzy now??
And I also usually don't listen to people who find the boogie man in everything and every topic.  Because Wille said "that sandy hook thing" do you honestly think he doesn't care that kids and innocent people lost their lives??  Dude...grow up.

If Willie is going to claim, repeatedly, that Alex Jones was right about many things, one would reasonably conclude that Willie has heard Alex Jones make statements about those many things through the consumption of his content.

Also, it’s quite telling that you’re effectively defending Alex Jones by saying that the “BS from the MSM” is what caused my opinion of him. Like he’s not actually a bad guy, but the MSM is out to get him. That’s some gaslighting and you should be ashamed of yourself. Seriously. That’s pathetic.

No, I’ve read the transcripts of the trials. The actual testimony. Where that piece of shit got nailed to the wall for doing what he did.

• Fire 1

re-read the thread. i made it abundantly clear - asking several times about details - that i didn't know much about him or it.

ya know, Sandy Hook, Sandy Hook Incident, Sandy Hook Shooting - but "Sandy Hook thing"

and pearls get clutched. 

• Fire 1

TBD

10 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

I retract everything I've ever posted about you being a 'smarter' poster than the most hateful ones.

I tried. But the tirades, the wild anger. You're 100% crazy town.

9 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

re-read the thread. i made it abundantly clear - asking several times about details - that i didn't know much about him or it.

ya know, Sandy Hook, Sandy Hook Incident, Sandy Hook Shooting - but "Sandy Hook thing"

and pearls get clutched. 

You've had ample time to look it up, learn more, understand, and apologize for being completely wrong.

Yet you go with the 'pearls clutched' bulls*** - and continue to claim "I didn't know much" ignorance.

Reading through your posts, you seem to have a knack for claiming ignorance. (It does fit you.)

It may seem clever to you now, but it won't get you far.

21 hours ago, Le duke said:

If Willie is going to claim, repeatedly, that Alex Jones was right about many things, one would reasonably conclude that Willie has heard Alex Jones make statements about those many things through the consumption of his content.

Also, it’s quite telling that you’re effectively defending Alex Jones by saying that the “BS from the MSM” is what caused my opinion of him. Like he’s not actually a bad guy, but the MSM is out to get him. That’s some gaslighting and you should be ashamed of yourself. Seriously. That’s pathetic.

No, I’ve read the transcripts of the trials. The actual testimony. Where that piece of shit got nailed to the wall for doing what he did.

Again, you are trying to make what I wrote mean something other than what it actually says.  I was not defending Alex Jones and was not inferring he isn't actually a bad guy.  I have no freaking clue.  Once again, just because YOU said so, doesn't mean I am going to just take your word for it.  That doesn't mean anything, or infer anything, other than I am not going to take the word of a partisan hack on a message board. 

Here maybe this will help...if I am at work and I have to go work with someone I haven't met on a new project, and someone tells me the person is an A-hole, I don't instantly think that person is an A-hole...I find that out myself.  Get it now??  So no need to spin the words I write into some weird narrative to find the boogey man in everything.

this has gotten bizarre. a lot of you guys are assuming i was playing some weird game and feigning ignorance. 

i knew of the Sandy Hook shootings. I knew of Alex Jones saying it was staged or didn't happen or some weird conspiracy theory. that's it. that's all i knew.

hell i asked in about four or five posts. 

furthermore, Sandy Hook was a tertiary topic that y'all inserted. it wasn't even germane to what I was saying which is simply i've seen clips of Alex Jones monologues where things he said years ago are now proving themselves true.

this is all to say that what's conspiracy today often becomes true over time.

I'm in no way an Alex Jones stan - i don't follow him, watch him, know much about him. 

and for you guys to suggest i'm trivializing the death of children when the context of the conversation is still right there for you to read is both rich and a reach. 

TBD