InterMat Forums v. Ban Basketball

BobDole

Does Ban Basketball owe Bob Dole $1,000?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Please render a verdict

• Yes he is guilty of all charges
    • No, he is not guilty

1 hour ago, BobDole said:

That's cute, you know how to use gifs again.

Your peers voted that you lost the bet, yet you'll continue to claim otherwise.

They're not peers, and if you want to treat it like a trial,  it was a kangaroo court,  at best.  I owe nothing. 

Why aren't you griping that people are incessantly posing,  trying to "troll" me(whatever that means)? It wad you griping about how I'm the one who does that,  yet it's still all me.

I'm not even replying to them,  other than the gif.lane kiffin roll GIF

Edited by Ban Basketball

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

1 hour ago, BobDole said:

That's cute, you know how to use gifs again.

Your peers voted that you lost the bet, yet you'll continue to claim otherwise.

Repeat.

Edited by Ban Basketball
  • Haha 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

47 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

They're not peers, and if you want to treat it like a trial,  it was a kangaroo court,  at best.  I owe nothing. 

Why aren't you griping that people are incessantly posing,  trying to "troll" me(whatever that means)? It wad you griping about how I'm the one who does that,  yet it's still all me.

42 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Repeat.

I have the last word.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

5 minutes ago, Maxwell Smart said:

Stop. No, you stop. I'll stop when you stop. The sophomoric behavior of this forum is on full display. You're better than this. Move on for everyone's sake.

Last word?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

I thought you cancelled yourself. How many times are you allowed to cancel yourself? I'm losing track.

• Fire 1

42 minutes ago, BobDole said:

I thought you cancelled yourself. How many times are you allowed to cancel yourself? I'm losing track.

Well the story is he never wanted to "ban basketball" either so should we believe him when he says he will cancel himself from the forum or for that matter anything he says.  

I'm beginning to think BB isn't real (nobody can be this dumb) but rather an AI bot of some sort.  No not Artificial Intelligence but Artificial Idiot.  Some programer (maybe it was Bob) decided it'd be really fun to code a bot that was so dumb in its replies and the more you interact with it the more obnoxious and stupid the response, even coded in an occassion nonsensical math equation.  🤨

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, ionel said:

Well the story is he never wanted to "ban basketball" either so should we believe him when he says he will cancel himself from the forum or for that matter anything he says.  

I'm beginning to think BB isn't real (nobody can be this dumb) but rather an AI bot of some sort.  No not Artificial Intelligence but Artificial Idiot.  Some programer (maybe it was Bob) decided it'd be really fun to code a bot that was so dumb in its replies and the more you interact with it the more obnoxious and stupid the response, even coded in an occassion nonsensical math equation.  🤨

Also all of this.

(l a s t   w o r d)

17 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

replace 'shut down' with 'bet' 

Fauci actually did not recommend shutting everything down. Things like the military, emergency services (police, fire stations, etc.), critical services (hospitals, gas stations, grocery stores, etc.) were always to be kept running. ALWAYS.

The "lockdown" part was an interesting inclusion. None of us was ever actually "locked down?" Not a single person. We all could come and go as we pleased. That wasn't true in China and other countries... they actually "locked down."

As far as "shut the country down" - yes, it's a vague term. But the point was to shut down any and all unnecessary activity to avoid unnecessary risk during a global pandemic that we had very little knowledge about containing.

In retrospect, turned out to be a bad economic decision, a bad social decision, and a bad political decision. But it was not necessarily all that bad a decision at the time. When we didn't know how bad this was going to get, some of us opted to err on the side of caution. Maybe too much caution, as it turned out. Meh. What do you? You roll the dice and you take your chances. Nobody can see the future.

What will never change is that we're imperfect people living in an imperfect world. Anybody who feels the need to lay blame on imperfection, needs to take a longer, harder look at themselves.

17 hours ago, ionel said:

There is a poster I suspect of being AI, but it is not Ban.  He was spouting nonsense back when Commodore 64 was high tech, long before ChatGPT

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

There is a poster I suspect of being AI, but it is not Ban.  He was spouting nonsense back when Commodore 64 was high tech, long before ChatGPT

That was the old bbs.  There is no reason to think that even the name could be someone else.

Hell... I might not be the old nhs67.  Anyone ever think of that?

O.o

(l a s t   w o  r d)