125kg @ 2023 Worlds

peanut

It's funny. All of us freestyle fans are so disappointed and would love to see him continue wrestling.

On the other hand you type his name into twitter and WWE fans seem to almost unanimously hate the guy. And not they hate him because he plays the bad guy character well or whatever, they legit just think he's lame and not interesting at all on the show. 

I don't follow WWE but I thought he would be a big deal in that world?

17 minutes ago, Takuto_Otoguro said:

It's funny. All of us freestyle fans are so disappointed and would love to see him continue wrestling.

On the other hand you type his name into twitter and WWE fans seem to almost unanimously hate the guy. And not they hate him because he plays the bad guy character well or whatever, they legit just think he's lame and not interesting at all on the show. 

I don't follow WWE but I thought he would be a big deal in that world?

It takes a charisma and an extroverted personality.  WWE is not for shy people.   He may just come off as boring.  

mspart

• Fire 1

... so you're saying that Gable IS the dead parrot, an ex-polly, a polly-gone...

(Really sad to see Steveson out of the championship... oh the missed possibilities. )

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

35 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:

I didn't scroll back to the previous pages but who were you taking before. He's the man!

Steveson.

He was entered and the favorite.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:

Lay off the wacky tobacky,  he was interest, and looked fine domestically but that little break he took to learn more gymnastics wasn't more beneficial than actually competing. 
Zare by domination.

Even taking a year off, though, the gap widened between him and Parris.

48 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Even taking a year off, though, the gap widened between him and Parris.

I mean 4 and 5 point wins over Parriss at final X didn't get my hopes too high. And to say he doesn't have the "Scared" factor over domestic competition would be silly. 

I still think he beats 95% of heavies. But I think Geno and wouldve been a hefty challenge. 

Edited by Spladle08

7 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:

I mean 4 and 5 point wins over Parriss at final X didn't get my hopes too high. And to say he doesn't have the "Scared" factor over domestic competition would be silly. 

I still think he beats 95% of heavies. But I think Geno and wouldve been a hefty challenge. 

95% of heavies is extremely disrespectful.  Even if he is half-in, half-out the dismantling he did of Parris was impressive.  I don't think anybody else on the planet can do that to Parris and this weekend you will find that out as well.

46 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

95% of heavies is extremely disrespectful.  Even if he is half-in, half-out the dismantling he did of Parris was impressive.  I don't think anybody else on the planet can do that to Parris and this weekend you will find that out as well.

Brother, with all due respect. That "take" ain't worth a used diaper.  Parris will be fortunate to medal, and I feel he has evolved beyond 100% relying on his short-firemans/dump, which hurts his likelihood of defeating the "Big 3" . He ain't outwrestling them for the duration.

1 hour ago, Spladle08 said:

Brother, with all due respect. That "take" ain't worth a used diaper.  Parris will be fortunate to medal, and I feel he has evolved beyond 100% relying on his short-firemans/dump, which hurts his likelihood of defeating the "Big 3" . He ain't outwrestling them for the duration.

Parris is great at one thing and good at many.  Add in that you aren't going to find a more athletic heavy this weekend.

The Iranians are great at one thing and good at many.  Zare won't be as athletic or fast and might not be as strong.

I hope I prove you wrong.  If you are correct, I will tip my hat to your know-all.

Just know that in the last few years these are the results Deng had against the other 'Big 3' Heavies...

Lost against Akgul via 5-0 Decision
Lost against Zare via 3-0 Decision
Lost against Petro via 5-2 Decision

Parris just beat Deng via 5-0 Decision.

Using Steveson as a common opponent...

Beat Akgul via 8-0 Decision
Beat Petro via 10-8 Decision
Beat Parris via 6-2 Decison
Beat Parris via 5-0 Decision

Edited by nhs67
  • Fire 1

Actually looking in to recent results about other opponents...

Hungary's Dániel Ligeti:

Akgul won via 3-0 Decision
Petro won via 7-4 Decision
Parris won via MFF after being up via 8-4 in the 2nd period

Italy's Abraham Conyedo:
Akgul won via 4-0 Decision
Petro won via 11-0 Tech
Parris won via 10-0 Tech

I hadn't realized that he has very recent very common opponents and compares as good in each against world class gents.

Let us not  forget he is 1-0 against that field and that 1 is when he penfelled Zare after he was winning via 3-1.

Edited by nhs67

1 hour ago, Spladle08 said:

Sounds like you missed Parris performance at the Ranking Series tournament in July. Everything he did there indicated he is ready to take on the best in the world. Don't let a couple losses to Steveson at Final X make you think he can't hang with Petriashvili, Akgul, or Zare.

• Fire 2

PNWfan

5 minutes ago, PNWfan said:

Sounds like you missed Parris performance at the Ranking Series tournament in July. Everything he did there indicated he is ready to take on the best in the world. Don't let a couple losses to Steveson at Final X make you think he can't hang with Petriashvili, Akgul, or Zare.

BOOM!

Eat that, brother @Spladle08!

• Haha 1