National COVID-19 Preparedness Plan

Gus

Do we have anyone in this thread who has medical training? If not,  what do you believe would qualify you to oppose what the Mayo Clinic has said since day one of the pandemic?

I may not know much (cue Husker Du and my stalker...NOW!), but I know to not speak to things that I have no training or expertise in. 

Words to live by,  friends.  😉

Edited by Ban Basketball

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

19 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Do we have anyone in this thread who has medical training? If not,  what do you believe would qualify you to oppose what the Mayo Clinic has said since day one of the pandemic?

OK Ban - What has the Mayo Clinic been saying since day one of the pandemic?   I don't know what they have said.   You seem to know so it would be good for you to share.   Then we could have a reasonable discussion of that information. 

mspart

• Fire 2

19 minutes ago, mspart said:

OK Ban - What has the Mayo Clinic been saying since day one of the pandemic?   I don't know what they have said.   You seem to know so it would be good for you to share.   Then we could have a reasonable discussion of that information. 

mspart

Quarantines, school closures, business closures, masks, social spacing, you name it.  Just lifted their mask mandate a couple of months ago. 

I grew up there,  so what they say to me is medical "gospel." Seen too many "miracles" they've pulled off to question them,  especially when I've not been one day to medical school. 

Edited by Ban Basketball

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

3 hours ago, mspart said:

But it didn't kill massive numbers of those aged 0-50.   That is a fact.  And of those over 50 the kill rate was higher but total kill vs total in that age group was not all that great.   Covid is a hysteria that has no basis in science or in statistics.  Young kids don't get it and therefore don't spread it.  They don't have any role to play with regard to covid. 

mspart

Those over 50 are people, no different from a kid or young adult.  The notion that people not actively presenting symptoms can't spread the disease is malarkey deeply rooted in  Facebook news.  There is responsibility on each for the other.   COVID killed over a million, so pretty well founded hysteria 

• Fire 1

15 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Those over 50 are people, no different from a kid or young adult.  The notion that people not actively presenting symptoms can't spread the disease is malarkey deeply rooted in  Facebook news.  There is responsibility on each for the other.   COVID killed over a million, so pretty well founded hysteria 

You didn't even address what his point was Plasi, other than I appreciate you trying to use emotion to make a point that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but it is quite obvious why you are doing that.

Again...if I am not vaccinated, or I am, and I walk around the grocery store with no mask on and I walk past grandma who is triple (or whatever the number is now) vaccinated and is wearing a mask, how am I a danger to her??

Edited by Bigbrog
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

You didn't even address what his point was Plasi, other than I appreciate you trying to use emotion to make a point that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but it is quite obvious why you are doing that.

Again...if I am not vaccinated, or I am, and I walk around the grocery store with no mask on and I walk past grandma who is triple (or whatever the number is now) vaccinated and is wearing a mask, how am I a danger to her??

Who says you have to wear a mask?  We are past that for the moment and I haven't worn one since  2022, IIRC.  Have you?  If you asked me that before vaccination was available, you would have gotten a different answer because we were losing 5000 people a day.   The answer then was to be a decent person and do the minimal to mitigate the spread of the disease.  Not complex at all.

18 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

I never said they aren't people.   If they want to get the vaccine, then they should.   If they feel they should mask, they should.   According to the chart below, 1.06 million people aged 50+ have died of covid.  0.074 million people aged 0-49 have died of covid.   Roughly speaking of the deaths by age, 93.5% of the deaths were those 50+, 6.5% were of 0-49.  

So yes, those over 50, (me included) are more suspectible and should take precautions.   What isn't told below is how many of these were people with lousy immune systems or other comorbidities.   That information is not useful I guess.   Because it would tell a different story than the hysterical "we are going to get covid and we are going to die from it" crowd.  

We don't even need to get into the percentages of those who had covid who died, those make your case even more eggregious.   Suffice to say, that the current mutated form of covid should not be anything like what we had at the beginning.   I've had covid and it was pretty bad.   I am in pretty good health and don't see a real concern. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1191568/reported-deaths-from-covid-by-age-us/

image.thumb.png.642fc6257a4dd9d8cca83cb18b4cb3e9.png

From my "Twitter is better" post:

Compare age of contracting covid vs that age group death and you get a rate.  I'll do a few. 

For those 85+, death rate was 15.8%

For those 50-64  death rate was 1.1%.

For 40-49, death rate was 0.33%.

For 0-17, death rate was 0.098%.

Compare this to the total age group population having died from covid and the numbers go down drastically.   This is not the emergency you are looking for. 

mspart

• Fire 3

1 minute ago, mspart said:

I never said they aren't people.   If they want to get the vaccine, then they should.   If they feel they should mask, they should.   According to the chart below, 1.06 million people aged 50+ have died of covid.  0.074 million people aged 0-49 have died of covid.   Roughly speaking of the deaths by age, 93.5% of the deaths were those 50+, 6.5% were of 0-49.  

So yes, those over 50, (me included) are more suspectible and should take precautions.   What isn't told below is how many of these were people with lousy immune systems or other comorbidities.   That information is not useful I guess.   Because it would tell a different story than the hysterical "we are going to get covid and we are going to die from it" crowd.  

We don't even need to get into the percentages of those who had covid who died, those make your case even more eggregious.   Suffice to say, that the current mutated form of covid should not be anything like what we had at the beginning.   I've had covid and it was pretty bad.   I am in pretty good health and don't see a real concern. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1191568/reported-deaths-from-covid-by-age-us/

image.thumb.png.642fc6257a4dd9d8cca83cb18b4cb3e9.png

From my "Twitter is better" post:

Compare age of contracting covid vs that age group death and you get a rate.  I'll do a few. 

For those 85+, death rate was 15.8%

For those 50-64  death rate was 1.1%.

For 40-49, death rate was 0.33%.

For 0-17, death rate was 0.098%.

Compare this to the total age group population having died from covid and the numbers go down drastically.   This is not the emergency you are looking for. 

mspart

The protocols for social distancing, masking, shutdowns and so on and so forth were compromises.  The veracity of them were proportional to the threat society faced.  Today, we have little restrictions because threat is lower.   Not the case, at all,, before vaccines and the virus to less lethal versions.  Let's not pretend those million died mysteriously or it wouldn't have been much greater without a reaction from society.

It seems our argument is whether we have a level of responsibility to each other or not.  There are 335,000,000 of us.  Does your right to swing your fist end at spewing droplets on my face?

If you are wearing a mask, what do you have to fear from droplets?   If you are vaccinated, what do you have to fear from droplets? 

Out of a country of 335000000, 1 million died.   That is 0.2% of the total population or rather, 99.8% lived during the pandemic.   So you are hoping for lockdowns, forced vaccinations, School closures, and quarantines to protect less than 0.2% of the population from a strain that is not as serious as the original?  So 99.8+% have to bow to the less than 0.2% because of some civic responsibility?  That is what you are asking.  In my opinion, that is unreasonable.

mspart

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, mspart said:

If you are wearing a mask, what do you have to fear from droplets?   If you are vaccinated, what do you have to fear from droplets? 

Out of a country of 335000000, 1 million died.   That is 0.2% of the total population or rather, 99.8% lived during the pandemic.   So you are hoping for lockdowns, forced vaccinations, School closures, and quarantines to protect less than 0.2% of the population from a strain that is not as serious as the original?  So 99.8+% have to bow to the less than 0.2% because of some civic responsibility?  That is what you are asking.  In my opinion, that is unreasonable.

mspart

It was the single largest killer in our country is a better way to describe it, rather than play with numbers that describe the portion of society that dies.  I'll grant you it wasn't the USSR during WWII.

Not sure why you aren't following but masks mitigate the transmission of viral respiratory infections but do not offer much protection from infection.  Thus, the responsibility for each other.

37 minutes ago, mspart said:

So wear your mask and protect yourself.   That should be ample protection from me. 

mspart

Why are you so consumed by 9 square inches of material?  Do you complain as bitterly about the no shoes/no shirt policy of retail stores and restaurants?  Those exist for the same reason as masks.

On 8/25/2023 at 4:05 PM, mspart said:

So wear your mask and protect yourself.   That should be ample protection from me. 

mspart

And your just-as-effective tin foil hat to protect you from pesky gamma rays I am emitting.  Masks and (un) vaxxes for thee but none for me, thank you.  If you got 'em then you be "protected" so leave me ALONE.  And if all of the covididian will just shut up about it then I promise not to speak the truth about it in range of your sensitive little ears and social medias which are unable to put up with facts.

P.S. PureBlood sales are skyrocketing!!

On 8/25/2023 at 4:46 PM, Plasmodium said:

Why are you so consumed by 9 square inches of material?  Do you complain as bitterly about the no shoes/no shirt policy of retail stores and restaurants?  Those exist for the same reason as masks.

Because arm pit hair, bellybutton lint, beer guts, and toe jam are REAL dangers and they are just gross to the point of causing spontaneous gagging and wretching.  Talk about protecting the public!!!  Shirts and shoes (preferably close toed - flip flops are also gross beyond description in public) required. 

Actually, I just thought of a mandate I can support.  To counter the pandemic of TOEVID - the gagging, wretching, and psychological damaging disease associated with having to see and hear others gross feet and experience their lack of respect for themselves and everyone around them.  Close toed shoes (unless you have a nice pedicure) and at least a heel strap to prevent the flop noise required to protect yourself and others.

.  Let's vote, choose two of the following for your fellow public-spaces users not to wear:

- Shirt

- Shoes

- Mask

- Tin Foil Hat

If you could make everyone where 2 of the 4 items which would it be?  I know some nuts out there are going to prefer to make everyone wear tin foil hats and masks and let their stinky pits and feet have free rein.  But it will be a decided minority.

7 hours ago, Lipdrag said:

Because arm pit hair, bellybutton lint, beer guts, and toe jam are REAL dangers and they are just gross to the point of causing spontaneous gagging and wretching.  Talk about protecting the public!!!  Shirts and shoes (preferably close toed - flip flops are also gross beyond description in public) required. 

Actually, I just thought of a mandate I can support.  To counter the pandemic of TOEVID - the gagging, wretching, and psychological damaging disease associated with having to see and hear others gross feet and experience their lack of respect for themselves and everyone around them.  Close toed shoes (unless you have a nice pedicure) and at least a heel strap to prevent the flop noise required to protect yourself and others.

.  Let's vote, choose two of the following for your fellow public-spaces users not to wear:

- Shirt

- Shoes

- Mask

- Tin Foil Hat

If you could make everyone where 2 of the 4 items which would it be?  I know some nuts out there are going to prefer to make everyone wear tin foil hats and masks and let their stinky pits and feet have free rein.  But it will be a decided minority.

My feet are beautiful, so it would be an absolute violation of my constitutional rights to force me out of my Birkenstocks.  It would also deprive others of the chance to experience my feet.

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

My feet are beautiful, so it would be an absolute violation of my constitutional rights to force me out of my Birkenstocks.  It would also deprive others of the chance to experience my feet.

Constitutional rights (actually, rights come from God, not a piece of paper but I will stipulate the use of the term for this exchange) are not applicable when public safety and leftist ideology are involved.  No principles of freedom apply if the deep state can make us panic enough and CNN can count every cough or smelly sniff of your toes as a national emergency.  As horrible as it might be we must begin depriving others of any podiacal experience you might provide.

Cause, you know, safety.

On 8/25/2023 at 1:46 PM, Plasmodium said:

Why are you so invested in regulating my behavior?  And why are you so concerned if you are safe with your mask and booster?   If you have a mask which you say protects, wear one and be happy.   If you get a booster which you say protects, get one and be happy.   My droplets really shouldn't be a bother to you nor should you feel the need to regulate my droplets if you are so well protected.   That is unless, you feel the mask and booster are really not protecting you.   They you have a different problem. 

mspart

2 hours ago, mspart said:

Why are you so invested in regulating my behavior?  And why are you so concerned if you are safe with your mask and booster?   If you have a mask which you say protects, wear one and be happy.   If you get a booster which you say protects, get one and be happy.   My droplets really shouldn't be a bother to you nor should you feel the need to regulate my droplets if you are so well protected.   That is unless, you feel the mask and booster are really not protecting you.   They you have a different problem. 

mspart

I think we are mismatching stages of this pandemic.  We don't require masks now and I'm not interested in requiring them.

• 4 weeks later...