The ballad of Bidenomics. The song: Rich Men North of Richmond

Paul158

I've not heard it,  but when every bigot in the land is applauding and lauding it, that's enough information to tell me to avoid at all costs. 

Edited by Ban Basketball
  • Haha 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

10 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

I've not heard it,  but when every bigot in the land is applauding and lauding it, that's enough information to tell me to avoid at all costs. 

Wow...true tolerant person you are.  Already disparaging it and calling people that listen to it bigots, and HAVEN'T even heard it...yikes.  Keep on keeping on Ban.  See you are putting all those "degrees" you claim to have to good use.

• Fire 2

15 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

How could you not, its playing 24/7 on AM radio.  🙄

It's actually a good song...I like due to the pure raw form of it.  Just a dude and his guitar singing about how he feels about the state of the US right now.  Nothing purer than that.  And there is a reason it is No. 1 on the charts...it resides with a large group of people.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Bigbrog said:

It's actually a good song...I like due to the pure raw form of it.  Just a dude and his guitar singing about how he feels about the state of the US right now.  Nothing purer than that.  And there is a reason it is No. 1 on the charts...it resides with a large group of people.

Can you post the lyrics?

I would say it resonates with a large group of patriotic ,hard working Americans.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Can you post the lyrics?

I've been sellin' my soul, workin' all day / Overtime hours for bullshit pay / So I can sit out here and waste my life away / Drag back home and drown my troubles away.

Pre-Chorus:
It's a damn shame what the world's gotten to / For people like me and people like you / Wish I could just wake up and it not be true / But it is, oh, it is.

Chorus:
Livin' in the new world / With an old soul / These rich men north of Richmond / Lord knows they all just wanna have total control / Wanna know what you think, wanna know what you do / And they don't think you know, but I know that you do / 'Cause your dollar ain't shit and it's taxed to no end / 'Cause of rich men north of Richmond.

Pretty basic and raw...can feel the emotion when he sings it.

• Fire 2

5 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

I've been sellin' my soul, workin' all day / Overtime hours for bullshit pay / So I can sit out here and waste my life away / Drag back home and drown my troubles away.

Pre-Chorus:
It's a damn shame what the world's gotten to / For people like me and people like you / Wish I could just wake up and it not be true / But it is, oh, it is.

Chorus:
Livin' in the new world / With an old soul / These rich men north of Richmond / Lord knows they all just wanna have total control / Wanna know what you think, wanna know what you do / And they don't think you know, but I know that you do / 'Cause your dollar ain't shit and it's taxed to no end / 'Cause of rich men north of Richmond.

Pretty basic and raw...can feel the emotion when he sings it.

I think this song has been written every year since there has been years.

• Fire 2

7 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Still not sure what that is.  

4 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I think its from like the 3rd grade when kids would tell on you if you did something wrong.

Believe its what edutaters watch during their 4th hour break.  🤷‍♀️

• Fire 1

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

I think this song has been written every year since there has been years.

You are probably right!

And not sure how it is being tied to being a bigot by some on here...pretty much nothing in the lyrics is remotely bigoted or controversial.

You are probably right!

And not sure how it is being tied to being a bigot by some on here...pretty much nothing in the lyrics is remotely bigoted or controversial.

Agreed.

BTW I started reading the last two Cormac McCarthy books this morning. One of the characters says, "No one ever got rich selling their time." Of a theme.

In a recent interview he said . He just wanted people to start appreciating each other as human beings.  To look beyond political difference and ideologies . would like corporate media and education to stop identifying everybody's  differences and not their similarity's. 

• Fire 1