Getting a loaf of bread at Luis Vuitton.

Threadkilla

9 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Quite the war and peace here.   Lots of anecdotes from lots of places, but the actual evidence shows that you are once again outraged at something that doesn't exist in the way you think it does     The GDP and unemployment rate of Chicago are fine.  In fact Chicago land is 20-25 % more productive than the paradise you apparently think is Miami.

lol. you can lead a horse to water...

and where on earth did i say anything about Miami?

• Fire 1

TBD

2 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

Is there a consequence for capping some of these idiots?   Big chains are told to stand down but  I see some Mom and Pop shops are beginning to fight back.     Why don't they just take a couple of their heads off?   

It's for personal safety reasons,  and there's also a reason why no one is trying to play MMA fighter,  knowing nothing about the fight game. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

25 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

This satisfy you?

No,  You didn't follow the assignment. that is at a Kroger one of the largest grocery store chains on the planet.  I'm taling about when a flash mob breaks into mom and pop stores and destroy  a business that they have taken years to grow.   

Although I'm not opposed to a couple getting thumped at some of the large chains 

Edited by Threadkilla
  • Fire 1

10 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Good thing the country has been focusing on relaxing the gun laws for the last few years.

More guns in society. That's what has been the focus. (Like it or not, pick a side, but it's the simple truth.)

Actually, gun laws have been passed at least here in WA in the last session.   No more selling of semi auto rifles and many handguns, magazines limited to 10 or less rounds. 

With all the gun laws in the country, why is there an increase is gun crime?   No relaxing of gun laws here.   Perhaps you also know gun crime is increasing here.  

mspart

59 minutes ago, mspart said:

If prosecutors don't prosecute, what are the police doing?   Following suit I would posit.   Why arrest someone so they can just be released?   Makes no sense. 

mspart

Sadly, many are opting to leave law enforcement and many cities are understaffed. 

12 hours ago, mspart said:

Actually, gun laws have been passed at least here in WA in the last session.   No more selling of semi auto rifles and many handguns, magazines limited to 10 or less rounds. 

With all the gun laws in the country, why is there an increase is gun crime?   No relaxing of gun laws here.   Perhaps you also know gun crime is increasing here.  

mspart

Imagine if those using guns to commit crimes in WA were using semi-auto's with larger magazines on a widespread basis. Even uglier. Good thing WA is coming to their senses.

It's not the guns that are causing the crimes - it's the anger, the hate, and the indifference.

But, make no mistake, having guns that can kill faster and more efficiently considerably worsens the situation. Tightening that up doesn't hurt a thing.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

10 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Imagine if those using guns to commit crimes in WA were using semi-auto's with larger magazines on a widespread basis. Even uglier. Good thing WA is coming to their senses.

It's not the guns that are causing the crimes - it's the anger, the hate, and the indifference.

But, make no mistake, having guns that can kill faster and more efficiently considerably worsens the situation. Tightening that up doesn't hurt a thing.

Who does it tighten it up for?

mspart

On 9/7/2023 at 1:11 PM, ionel said:

specific examples

Look no further than Iowa. Since we've been under one party,  authoritarian rule for several years now we virtually have no gun laws.  What existed before have been morphed into the wild west.

Wonderful life indeed!

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

7 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

Look no further than Iowa. Since we've been under one party,  authoritarian rule for several years now we virtually have no gun laws.  What existed before have been morphed into the wild west.

Wonderful life indeed!

People are only truly free when they feel compelled by fear to carry a gun to the grocery store