For Music Fans and Music Buffs

11 hours ago, Paul158 said:

Good old George (He stopped loving her today) His producer wanted him to record it. He told them no. He said no one would buy it was to sad. I guess he was wrong.

The entire album where the song came from is probably the worst train wreck album you'll ever hear.  Every song is a tragedy.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

9 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

The entire album where the song came from is probably the worst train wreck album you'll ever hear.  Every song is a tragedy.

I don't know about the album, but the song was at number 1 for 18 weeks. Considered one of the greatest country songs of all time. I love a good comeback story.

38 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I don't know about the album, but the song was at number 1 for 18 weeks. Considered one of the greatest country songs of all time. I love a good comeback story.

This is it.  Not for the weak. 

image.png.bf85cb0e17156e951de2acb1ad8b0e5a.png

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

53 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

George was train wreck. Went to see him and Tammy Wynette ended up being just Tammy. He didn't get the nickname, "No Show Jones" for nothing.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

George was train wreck. Went to see him and Tammy Wynette ended up being just Tammy. He didn't get the nickname, "No Show Jones" for nothing.

He battled his demons for years. But he finally overcame those demons. I have close friends and family who had done the same. But by the grace of God and a lot of hard work were able overcome their demons.

• Fire 1

I can see Dylan and Jackson.   They wrote most of their stuff.   I don't think Elvis wrote much, but I could be wrong.   Same for Nelson. 

Now I must say I don't care for Dylan and really don't care for Jackson.   But they did have immense talent. 

mspart

On 8/20/2023 at 10:37 PM, GreatWhiteNorth said:

After considerable thought, I'm locking this one down in stone... my Mount Rushmore. It doesn't look too shabby.

I've dropped the mic, tripped over the cord, and fell of the stage. Unable to update my choices further.

• Willie Nelson
  • Bob Dylan
  • Michael Jackson
  • Elvis

OIP.hjVKWXa2Et6VhmXwPTcVuQAAAA?pid=ImgDefiche-18701204708291.jpg&ehk=0xElP5JMF1%WaMyWbKhiocRIrvXSSYjM9lGOYQfeaFd4=&risl=elvis-presley.png

Not bad.  I have two of those myself.

6 hours ago, mspart said:

I can see Dylan and Jackson.   They wrote most of their stuff.   I don't think Elvis wrote much, but I could be wrong.   Same for Nelson. 

Now I must say I don't care for Dylan and really don't care for Jackson.   But they did have immense talent. 

mspart

As I posted in the rough "guidelines" in the original post, the criteria is multi-faceted, and songwriting would only be one criterion.

I chose Elvis myself knowing that he was not a songwriter, but if you use the other criteria of influence on music, society, etc, it's almost impossible to ignore him to me.

And, I'm NOT a fan of his.

9 hours ago, mspart said:

mspart

If you don't follow him much, you might not know it - but Willie Nelson has been a prolific songwriter. Wrote pretty much all his stuff, and then some.

List of songs written by Willie Nelson - Wikipedia

Ever heard of Patsy Cline's "Crazy"? It was written by Willie. There's a pretty interesting story about that one, in particular.

I don't regularly listen to Dylan, Jackson, or Elvis. But that doesn't get in the way of my attempt at unbiased perspective. It is, after all, not about my favorites.

Being worldwide celebrities, changing what music and musical performance is for future generations, etc. These are the things that weighed heavily on my choices. 

6 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

If you don't follow him much, you might not know it - but Willie Nelson has been a prolific songwriter. Wrote pretty much all his stuff, and then some.

On 8/23/2023 at 10:39 PM, ionel said:

Did I miss your post with your suggestion(s) for Music Mount Rushmore?

• 3 weeks later...