Bo Golfed with Trump, LT and Ottis Anderson in Bedminster last week.

The good thing about all of this is that we are going to be able to see it play out in the court of law, where the stakes for your testimony is prison time, not clicks on the like and retweeet buttons. Even more, this is going to play out with the majority of the evidence and testimony coming from Trumps own team, his own words, and his own actions. So the whole “deep stare witch hunt” blah blah blah holds zero weight. Congressional hearings can be and often are manipulated, even grand juries to an extent.  Much much more difficult in a court of law where the whole world is watching. And to top it off, we’ll get to see it play out in multiple jurisdictions. 

The allegations to him trying to overthrow our government go way beyond those 4-5 hours on January 6. I’m very interested in seeing what comes out, and how the public reacts to it. 

• Fire 1

22 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

There really is nothing to see right here. What is an alarming rate? What is your baseline?

NCAA athletes having cardiac death is more common than most think. 1 in 50k athletes, 1 in 21k black athletes, and 1 in 5k basketball players suffer cardiac death during participation in athletics.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4496313/

What if that number has doubled or increased by 40 % since covid. Is there any recent up to date data.  Usually google searches for data is 2 or 3 years old. which would not cover covid and the shot.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word

I am all for following the science, but this is eerily started to sound like all the Covid crap a year ago where people pick and choose which "science" to follow.  Funny part is that a lot of the "conspiracy theories" have been proven true in regards to Covid...yet here we are again.  Just interesting how people are so quick to just dismiss the vaccine as a cause...wonder why that is?

As for the cardiac arrests...not sure what to think of it, but it sure is alarming.

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

I am all for following the science, but this is eerily started to sound like all the Covid crap a year ago where people pick and choose which "science" to follow.  Funny part is that a lot of the "conspiracy theories" have been proven true in regards to Covid...yet here we are again.  Just interesting how people are so quick to just dismiss the vaccine as a cause...wonder why that is?

As for the cardiac arrests...not sure what to think of it, but it sure is alarming.

The blood clots are equally alarming. My wife's childhood neighbor dropped over dead from a blood cot at age 29 with no existing health issues.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Gus said:

The blood clots are equally alarming. My wife's childhood neighbor dropped over dead from a blood cot at age 29 with no existing health issues.

Ugh...sad...sorry to hear

Yeah...very scary.  Just don't understand why people refuse to even entertain the thought that the vaccine might have something to do with it.  But they have no problem jumping to conclusions about what sort of ailments Covid causes without any scientific "proof".

2 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

What if that number has doubled or increased by 40 % since covid. Is there any recent up to date data.  Usually google searches for data is 2 or 3 years old. which would not cover covid and the shot.

Yes. What if? What if it doubled? What if it halved? What if it was between 99% and 101% of past numbers?

There are a lot of people on this board who like to talk about what if as though it were. Which is why I asked what the definition of alarming rate was. The words alarming rate are used intentionally to imply that there is a known number (rate) and it is different from what should be expected (alarming). I provided the baseline.

Rather than extrapolate one famous athlete, who may or may not have had a booster recently, into "alarming rate" I prefer to examine phrases like that. I find that they are most often lazy.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

49 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Yes. What if? What if it doubled? What if it halved? What if it was between 99% and 101% of past numbers?

There are a lot of people on this board who like to talk about what if as though it were. Which is why I asked what the definition of alarming rate was. The words alarming rate are used intentionally to imply that there is a known number (rate) and it is different from what should be expected (alarming). I provided the baseline.

Rather than extrapolate one famous athlete, who may or may not have had a booster recently, into "alarming rate" I prefer to examine phrases like that. I find that they are most often lazy.

The base line you are using is  8 years old. I can find little data on this subject that is current . Maybe in the coming years we will have some accurate research results. For now there is little up to date data. That is concerning. 

Edited by Paul158
missed a word

2 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

The base line you are using is  8 years old. I can find little data on this subject that is current . Maybe in the coming years we will have some accurate research results. For now there is little up to date data. That is concerning. 

The claim was that there was a causation between COVID shots and cardiac events among athletes. The baseline for determining that would have to come from a pre-COVID time. Besides 8 years is nothing. 

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

Can you refresh our memories?  Specifically, which ones?

13 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Seriously???  

Efficacy of face masks, closing things down, social distancing, kids and schools, origin of Covid, how Covid deaths were counted....shall I go on???

• Fire 4

15 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Pangolins caused covid

There was no lab leak

China didn’t know about Covid until 12/19

Covid is deadly to healthy people

Inefficacy of Covid shot

Fauci cover up of gain of function research

Trump being a xenophobe for banning travel from China

Masks are effective 

“2 weeks to flatten the curve”

Hospitals were overrun

Sanitizing everything prevents Covid

Trump said drink bleach

Trump said drink aquarium cleaner

BLM riots don’t spread Covid, but outdoor church services do

10 foot social distancing, 6’, 3’

Wrestlers wearing masks and not shaking hands before/after matches prevents spread of Covid

Remote learning was good for students

Remote work is good for employers 

• Fire 6

7 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Seriously???  

Efficacy of face masks, closing things down, social distancing, kids and schools, origin of Covid, how Covid deaths were counted....shall I go on???

We need to take a trip back to the dictionary.

conspiracy theory

noun

pluralconspiracy theories
: a theory that explains an event or set of circumstances as the result of a secret plot by usually powerful conspirators
the conspiracy theories surrounding Kennedy's assassination

also : a theory asserting that a secret of great importance is being kept from the public
… is best known for … his conspiracy theory that a secret cabal of reptilian humanoids is running the world.Simon Little

… has often been criticized for promoting conspiracy theories such as "birtherism," the theory that President Obama was not born in the U.S.Grace Segers

Origin of COVID fits the definition.  I need proof, as that is indeterminate in my view.

2 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

conspiracy theory

noun

: a theory that explains an event or set of circumstances as the result of a secret plot by usually powerful conspirators

also : a theory asserting that a secret of great importance is being kept from the public
… is best known for … his conspiracy theory that a secret cabal of reptilian humanoids is running the world.Simon Little

… has often been criticized for promoting conspiracy theories such as "birtherism," the theory that President Obama was not born in the U.S.Grace Segers

Origin of COVID fits the definition.  I need proof, as that is indeterminate in my view.

OK, all of those things were pushed for the globalist agenda and to prevent Trump from winning in 2020. Now they all fit your definition.

28 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

call it what you will.

the view/science/theory espoused by the left were wrong time and time again all the while chanting 'trust the science' like a bunch of sheeple.

i'll never understand how the fight-the-power left of the 60's became 'i will absolutely take an experimental vaccine and if you don't too you're the devil'

• Fire 2

TBD

4 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

call it what you will.

the view/science/theory espoused by the left were wrong time and time again all the while chanting 'trust the science' like a bunch of sheeple.

i'll never understand how the fight-the-power left of the 60's became 'i will absolutely take an experimental vaccine and if you don't too you're the devil'

The left used to hate big pharma and the military industrial complex, but TDS has made them bedfellows.

• Fire 2

50 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

conspiracy theory

noun

???  What things that some on here, including YOU, called conspiracy theories turned out to, in fact, be conspiracy theories?  

How about this...all the things I listed previously (lock downs, face masks, canceling things for kids and their schools, etc.), which do you feel were wrong for being implemented?  Do you admit you were wrong for arguing with people like me who said they were all wrong from the beginning, us who actually DID trust the science?  {I know you won't ever do that}

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

i will say, Vak and I are nearly totally incongruous politically, and yet i have a great time with him every time we're together.

you're the man, Vak, and i appreciate your friendship.

Willie, the feelings are entirely mutual.  You're good people.

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

Willie, the feelings are entirely mutual.  You're good people.

My guess is that even the people I tend to argue with more than others, including yourself, are probably very good people and I would get along with them in real life.  One of my best friends in the whole world is complete opposite of me politically.  We have great respectful, sometimes heated, debates/conversations and usually are laughing together afterwards.

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

???  What things that some on here, including YOU, called conspiracy theories turned out to, in fact, be conspiracy theories?  

How about this...all the things I listed previously (lock downs, face masks, canceling things for kids and their schools, etc.), which do you feel were wrong for being implemented?  Do you admit you were wrong for arguing with people like me who said they were all wrong from the beginning, us who actually DID trust the science?  {I know you won't ever do that}

What did I call a call a conspiracy theory that turned out to be a conspiracy theory?  I am interested in the proof of covid origin right now. 

17 hours ago, DJT said:

I believe this was covered in the woke dictionary thread:

conspiracy theory = disagreement with leftist narrative 

Lab leak conspiracy theory, Hunter’s laptop conspiracy theory, Joe’s dementia conspiracy theory, etc.

J6 hearings didn’t prove anything. No judge, no jury, no defense, no evidentiary oversight, no produced by news directors, basically no reasonable jurisprudence whatsoever… That would be like saying JK Rowling proved wizards exist by writing Harry Potter.

Conspiracy Theory = Pizzagate, Jewish space lasers starting forest fires, Qanon's secret cabal...

The woke dictionary thread was DAF. Stop trying to be a R=Good, L=Bad clown. Conspiracy theories exist across parties. 

Even people who claim to be a diehard member of either party can see that clearly. Some will even admit it.

Trump lied about marching along with the J6 protesters. He said he would, and instead went straight back to watch it live on TV in the White House. This was proven during the J6 hearings. The guy is a coward. Sitting in as the most powerful leader in the world, he could have made any choice he wanted to. He chose to hide.

But if you consider the J6 hearings as another conspiracy group - then just watch any of the video's that show it. (Although I suspect you've seen them many times by now.) They are all over youtube. If you can't find them, let me know and I'll send you a few links.

16 hours ago, Paul158 said:

"Google searches for data is 2 or 3 years old"?

Not sure what you're referring to here, but if it's published on the web, I'd be surprised if Google doesn't find and index it within a few days.

I'm not attacking you, I was just surprised to read your statement and wanted to follow up to clarify.

15 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

Seriously???  

Meh... Not conspiracy theories. Just regular people trying to work through a pandemic like we've never seen:

• Efficacy of face masks
    • Masks do work, to some degree, especially the higher end ones.
    • How much did they work? The lower end ones... nowhere near 100% - that was clear. But it was also clear that it was something we could all do at a time when many felt helpless. It was a start.
    • In other countries, when people feel like they are getting a cold, etc. they wear a mask to work/school so they don't infect others. That has been a custom since long before Covid. They work.
  • closing things down
    • At the beginning of the pandemic there was a huge discussion about "do we over-react, or do we under-react?" Either way, the naysayers will be pointing fingers at us afterward. It was a legitimate question. Most states chose to overreact and do more rather than less. Err on the side of caution.
    • At the time, I was a big proponent of continuing with NCAA D1 Wrestling in Minneapolis. I later changed my mind. In hindsight, it probably would have been OK to hold the NCAA tournament. But things are different when there are more questions than answers. 
  • social distancing
    • Social distancing works. It did then, and it does now.
  • kids and schools
    • I have close friends who are teachers. Keeping kids out of school did, in fact, hurt their progress. Which is something they and I were concerned about from the beginning.
    • Did it help control the spread? Yes, it did, at least a tiny bit. But just like masks and social distancing - it's almost impossible to know how much or how little. Maybe much more - or not.
  • origin of Covid
    • This one got a lot of press on MSM... not sure I care much. Not sure we'll ever know. I doubt it. Not sure that it really matters.
    • This was a legitimate "conspiracy theory" on the list. There were many theories. IMO, none of them provable, none of them terribly helpful. But there were theories.
  • how Covid deaths were counted
    • They were counted as best as the medical community could do given the circumstances.
    • We're all imperfect people, living in imperfect conditions, with imperfect resources. Deaths were counted, and they were imperfect counts. Not sure that anyone should be surprised by that.
    • "Conspiracy theories" did exist here too, about folks getting paid to lie, etc. Just talk w/o basis.

These things were definitely topics of discussion - but only the last (2) had any roots in "conspiracy"... and the conspiracy portion wasn't terribly important or relevant to the bigger picture.

• Fire 1