Free the Lee - Unban the Dan edition

Wrestleknownothing

Free the Lee - Unban the Dan edition: Should NJDan be unbanned?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Should NJDan be allowed back into the fold?

• Yes, he is harmless.
    • God, no. How could you even think that?

Contacting me via my personal FB profile (and not one of the mediums I have readily available on the web for contact - e-mail, Twitter, IG or the Mat Talk FB page) and then inquiring about being banned on the board while I'm actively working the World Championships is enough for me to never want to interact with him again. I make the mistake of trying to educate when I see a confused question on the board. But then the egg is on my face because I didn't realize it was another alias and when I present facts, my factual evidence is questioned with "if true" - sorry, not sorry he's not here. 

• Fire 2

Insert catchy tagline here. 

On 11/17/2022 at 10:27 AM, Wrestleknownothing said:

Let's start by stating the obvious.

NJDan is stubborn, obtuse, fractious, incapable of admitting error, and a bunch of other things. But, so what? While he can be a royal pain in the ass, he is not what I would consider a troll. As a matter of fact, he has some of the attributes that are often prized in discussion forums. He starts topics, he argues with everyone, he doubles down when wrong, but all in all he is pretty harmless.

So the question is, should NJDan be banned for being a pain in the ass? I am in the camp that he should not, but reasonable people might disagree. 

Besides, if we did not have him, who would we feel superior to?

It’s good to know that nearly 59% of the members of this forum believe in free speech.

NJDan also outpolled Trump’s tally in the Twitter poll by 6%. https://www.reuters.com/technology/musks-twitter-poll-showing-narrow-majority-want-trump-reinstated-2022-11-20/

And Trump was, of course, reinstated.

Unlike Trump, NJDan was never accused of leading an insurrection. He was not, as far as I can tell, ever even accused of violating TheMat.com’s terms of service. He doe seem to have hurt a few feelings or aroused opposition along the way, but doesn’t that come with the territory?  So of course he should be reinstated.

Ironically, it’s the media type on this forum who seem most hostile to free speech. Hard to fathom.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, NotElonMusk said:

It’s good to know that nearly 59% of the members of this forum believe in free speech.

NJDan also outpolled Trump’s tally in the Twitter poll by 6%. https://www.reuters.com/technology/musks-twitter-poll-showing-narrow-majority-want-trump-reinstated-2022-11-20/

Unlike Trump, NJDan was never accused of leading an insurrection. He was not, as far as I can tell, ever even accused of violating TheMat.com’s terms of service. He doe seem to have hurt a few feelings or aroused opposition along the way, but doesn’t that come with the territory?  So of course he should be reinstated.

Ironically, it’s the media type on this forum who seem most hostile to free speech. Hard to fathom.

Hi, NJDan!  How's that lawsuit coming?  Got any Cornell lawyers yet, or are they all too busy litigating Yianni's loss?

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, NotElonMusk said:

Where's the Lysol?

• Fire 1

On 11/17/2022 at 3:55 PM, nhs67 said:

If DanTheMan is here, he will reply in this thread.

He will attempt to insert himself in to the decision making process.

Expect something ludicrous within the first 24 hours of the OP.  He lacks the strength or constitution to not be a Stoopid.

Happy Season 5 GIF by The Office

I’ll never speak in the third person to talk about myself and another account. I have no problem with free speech. Never have. Thinking some people are toxic presences and not wanting them to continue to pollute a great community is an opinion I hold. People making this community their own personal litter box might be free speech, but those actions aren’t free of consequences …

Insert catchy tagline here. 

What if we had a go round and chipped in and bought him a lobster suit?

And he had to wear it while posting.

To prove that he was wearing it, he would be required to change his profile picture each time he posted to a new LobsterDan picture holding the current date and time.

I think I could get behind unbanning him with these reasonable safeguards in place.

Sensible policies for a happier message board!

15 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

It's hardly sporting.

You should let him get a few posts in and THEN ban him.

Get his hopes up before you dash them.

Much like Askren said on FRL yesterday, he likes to instill fear that you'll never win in the first match. If you give your opponent hope, he'll always have hope.

9 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

What if we had a go round and chipped in and bought him a lobster suit?

And he had to wear it while posting.

To prove that he was wearing it, he would be required to change his profile picture each time he posted to a new LobsterDan picture holding the current date and time.

I think I could get behind unbanning him with these reasonable safeguards in place.

Sensible policies for a happier message board!

I will personally cover the lobster suit.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me