2024 President Candidate Discussion

jross

7 hours ago, mspart said:

Based on this map, I'd say millions of people disagree with you.  "Last Beacon of Hope" or "Preferred beacon of hope", whichever you want to call it, millions and millions seem to come to the USA as compared to anywhere else. 

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/immigration-by-country

image.thumb.png.af519e1d7c634e4054909881fcb381a8.png

Sooo... What's your take on this map?

ZREIH_RYZytSNfMHOlOapwq_gsTRio4Tn2qkBo8e

On 7/25/2023 at 3:24 PM, Wrestleknownothing said:

Partial list:

.223-caliber AR-15-type semi-automatic rifle
.308-caliber AR-10-type rifle
Smith & Wesson M&P15 semiautomatic rifle
Bushmaster XM15-E2S rifle
ArmaLite AR-15 rifle
SIG Sauer MCX[9] semi-automatic rifle
Ruger AR-556 semi-automatic rifle
WASR-10 rifle
9mm Uzi carbine

Illinois Supreme Court Upholds State's Ban on Semi-Automatic Weapons

Progress being made in The Land of Lincoln.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

13 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Sooo... What's your take on this map?

ZREIH_RYZytSNfMHOlOapwq_gsTRio4Tn2qkBo8e

Seeing how this map is vague, it is not of much use other than to say it indicates the USA remains the main destination, which bolsters the claim it is the "Last Beacon of Hope" or "Preferred beacon of hope", and that there are growing areas producing migrants and they go to places that are closer to home but better than home.   You can see that very clearly.   Light Red areas (migrant producers) are pretty much adjacent to newer centers of migration growth.  

I did notice that you did not refute my position on your statement.   Must not have been as good as you thought in retrospect.   Upshot is with this post, you are trying to deny that most immigrants come to the US and the reason why.   There is a reason for it and I'll leave it to you to figure it out.  

mspart

9 hours ago, mspart said:

Seeing how this map is vague, it is not of much use other than to say it indicates the USA remains the main destination, which bolsters the claim it is the "Last Beacon of Hope" or "Preferred beacon of hope", and that there are growing areas producing migrants and they go to places that are closer to home but better than home.   You can see that very clearly.   Light Red areas (migrant producers) are pretty much adjacent to newer centers of migration growth.  

I did notice that you did not refute my position on your statement.   Must not have been as good as you thought in retrospect.   Upshot is with this post, you are trying to deny that most immigrants come to the US and the reason why.   There is a reason for it and I'll leave it to you to figure it out.  

mspart

Would seem there are quite a few more "beacons of hope" for migrants, and the US isn't the "last" one. It just isn't - and anyone who claims otherwise is mistaken.

This fact is important because some US politicians are pushing a fictional storyline that doesn't align with facts (Yes, I know, none of us should be surprised by politicians trying to manipulate reality - that is what most do.)

Given the evidence, I suspect you would agree with this.

Sure, we can deflect into which is the biggest or most 'preferred' - yada yada - but then we'd just be bickering over nothing.

If you want to 'win' the argument, then fine - I declare you the winner.

Just be straight with me. That's all I ask and all I can offer you.

On 8/11/2023 at 1:36 PM, Wrestleknownothing said:

I saw the coyotes making a home for themselves in my backyard high pawing each other.

Saw i coyote across the road from my lot this morning.  Can't be sure but think he stuck his tongue out and then winked at me.  Darn vermin!

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Paul158 said:

Do you think the criminals will abide by the law? Do you know which sector of the public loves gun bans and gun regulations? Gun free zones?

A criminal is defined as someone who does not obey the law. That is not a good argument for not having laws. It is a good argument for having law enforcement.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

A criminal is defined as someone who does not obey the law. That is not a good argument for not having laws. It is a good argument for having law enforcement.

Can you answer the second question?  I should have said in the first question the (new law).

10 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Do you think the criminals will abide by the law? Do you know which sector of the public loves gun bans and gun regulations? Gun free zones?

On cue the whole criminals don't care about laws statement. I am all for no laws because no matter the law a criminal will criminal so thus the laws are utterly useless.

3 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Yes you can  .  A. People who love football B. People who own boats C. People who own gun stores D . People who delve  into criminal activity

Your attempted Socratic method is failing with me. Those are not mutually exclusive sets, nor are they complete.

20 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

1 minute ago, BobDole said:

On cue the whole criminals don't care about laws statement. I am all for no laws because no matter the law a criminal will criminal so thus the laws are utterly useless.

But we shouldn't have law enforcement or at least defund them.  So no laws and no law enforcement - a good thing.  But wait ... wouldn't that also put the good Senator Dole out of business?  😉

17 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Yes you can  .  A. People who love football B. People who own boats C. People who own gun stores D . People who delve  into criminal activity

Upon second thought. I choose A. and B.

I have intimate knowledge of the desires of one football (both kinds) loving boat owner, and he definitely wants this.

I assume people who own gun stores do not want this because it hurts profits.

I assume criminals do not want this because it would be one more thing can go to jail for.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

8 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Your attempted Socratic method is failing with me. Those are not mutually exclusive sets, nor are they complete.

Wow. That method was developed by Socrates. ( I had to look it up) I'm way out of my league . You have to admit you weren't specific. Anyways. Some of the worst areas to live in have the strictest gun laws. where i live we have probably 35 percent active or retired military. How do I know . They were my customers for 20 years. We have sensible gun laws. Our crime is way down.

17 minutes ago, ionel said:

But we shouldn't have law enforcement or at least defund them.  So no laws and no law enforcement - a good thing.  But wait ... wouldn't that also put the good Senator Dole out of business?  😉

It's a great way to save money if we don't have laws nor need law enforcement!