OK . Who's cocaine is it???

Paul158

No it is a non issue because the left is all about drug legalization.   The left controls the White House and the media so it is not that big a deal.   Cocaine is still a federally controlled substance and who ever had it should be going to the arraignment and court proceedings.  You don't get more federal property-ish than the WH.   But it probably won't happen even though it is a clear violation of numerous laws.   Possession, use (if they can establish that) and both of those on federal property and there are others I'm sure.  

The FBI will look into this and determine there was no mal intent on the party to abuse the substance at all so ipso facto.  At the very least the staffer should be fired. 

mspart

This is going to be a fun one to follow. We are never going to hear who it belonged to, it may never actually be found out. But my oh my the theories are going to be fun. And man oh man, many will be, or as apparent in this thread, already are absolute certain of who did it. 

This is gonna be a good one. 

• Fire 1

It is not a recreational drug according to the Feds.   It is a controlled substance and federally speaking, it is illegal to possess, and I have to believe it is illegal to bring into a federal facility such as the White House.   These people know the consequences, they are briefed and have security clearances.   It's not like they didn't know this was a no no.   It can be minimized by everyone as a who cares, and I even said this is a nothing-burger for those especially on the left, as the left wants to legalize drugs.   But that does not mean that is no longer illegal.   It is illegal to possess and use according to federal law.   So this is actually quite serious for whoever had the audacity to bring coke into the WH. 

mspart

52 minutes ago, mspart said:

It is not a recreational drug according to the Feds.   It is a controlled substance and federally speaking, it is illegal to possess, and I have to believe it is illegal to bring into a federal facility such as the White House.   These people know the consequences, they are briefed and have security clearances.   It's not like they didn't know this was a no no.   It can be minimized by everyone as a who cares, and I even said this is a nothing-burger for those especially on the left, as the left wants to legalize drugs.   But that does not mean that is no longer illegal.   It is illegal to possess and use according to federal law.   So this is actually quite serious for whoever had the audacity to bring coke into the WH. 

mspart

It was found in an area where tourists can put their belongings, so security clearance is not necessarily involved.

I heard on the radio this morning that the area is very near the situation room.   If the case, you would think there would be all kinds of security going on around there. 

But I don't know that is the case, just what was reported.   NBC reports that in that particular area, not too many cameras available. 

mspart

2 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

yeah, i understand that. 

but the pearl clutching by the right is just a political stance. 

absolutely no one was in danger bc a little coke was in a cubby.

there's more than enough real stuff to address then that

There have certainly been far more destructive occurrences take place in the White House!