Trump on tape admitting to the whole crime

VakAttack

2 minutes ago, headshuck said:

The safest place to ditch evidence would’ve been in one of Biden’s storage units.

Are we talking about the same Joe Biden who hasn't refused the FBI access to any of his properties or storage facilities? Whose lawyers found documents and voluntarily turned them over to the government?

Now, compare that to Trump, who has apparently intentionally and purposefully moved classified documents multiple times after being asked to return them by the federal government. 

Do you understand the difference between the two situations? One is a mistake, which Biden worked with the feds to correct and make right. Pence? The exact same thing. Worked to make it right. Invited lawyers from the DOJ into his properties. Trump, on the other hand, was asked multiple times to hand over the classified records in question, and not only refused, but moved those records in an attempt to evade the DOJ.

7 minutes ago, headshuck said:

The safest place to ditch evidence would’ve been in one of Biden’s storage units.

This tweet is straight out of the blue. Which refusal?  Who are Turley, Shapley and Baier? Joe or Hunter's storage unit?  Who refused and what did they refuse?   Sounds like nonsense without some context.

I wanted to believe in what Shapley had to offer.  I was buying what he was selling.

And then he went on Fox and said he just had to let the nation know the truth........so he decided to go to Fox.

I can't take anyone seriously who says in good conscious they want to get the truth out to the nation, and then they go on Fox.

19 hours ago, mspart said:

You can deny your intention all you want but it is there for everyone to see.  

By saying he made "wild assumptions throughout his Tweet" you are saying he's an idiot and you know better than him what's going on.  Otherwise, how are his assumptions wild?  So if you know his assumptions are wild, where is the document and explain how it was found at the house of a man who has been charged with classified documents?

You don't have an answer do you?  But you are asserting this guy's assumptions are dead wrong by calling his assumptions WILD.  Just reading what you wrote and concluding things based on tone and the written word.   Something you should be very familiar with. 

mspart

So now you're taking one written adjective and deciding what I think and feel, despite me explicitly stating that I do NOT know if those things he claims are true or untrue...simply pointing out that he doesn't either.  I have not posted anywhere that I know Trump to be guilty of anything, although many people with federal experience that I know tell me that the case looks bad, but they think he might get a favorable plea deal because the nature of the documents in question is so classified that prosecutors would rather not have to go thru the process of having them declassified so that they can be available to the public potentially during the discovery process.

I don't have an answer as to where these documents are because I'm not an investigator or federal prosecutor or Trump himself.  There are multiple possible explanations centering on why they might not have located the document(s) in question and thus made the decision not to charge him with the document:

1.  The documents were given back during one of the many known attempts to get them back, and that's why he wasn't charged with the retention of those documents.  

(SIDE NOTE:  People in this thread and elsewhere are saying that CBS is reporting that the documents weren't found.  That is not what has been reported, actually the CBS report says "It is not clear from the indictment if the documents referred to in the recording were recovered by investigators. "

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-audio-describing-highly-confidential-secret-documents/ )

2.  The documents are still in Mar-A-Lago in a place that hasn't been discovered.

3.  The documents are at one of his other properties that either hasn't been searched or that federal LEOs doesn't have jurisdiction to search.

4.  The documents have been destroyed.

5.  The documents have been sold.

6.  The documents were never there, despite the actual words he said.

All of this ignores the facts of the situation in that he WAS charged with retention of many other documents and the recording appears to have been used to show that, despite attempts to argue that he had the ability to declassify them in his head without documenting it anywhere and after he was out of office (which he and many of his media proxies argued), he knows he didn't.

22 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Charlie Kirk said they were interesting details.  Which of those details do you consider assumptions?

Right in the original Tweet:

"The Trump recording involved publishers and writers for Meadows's book, so it would follow that the documents Trump was referencing were actually The New Yorker article as well as Meadow's report"

Edited by VakAttack

On 6/29/2023 at 2:36 PM, Offthemat said:

Trump is also the only president who doesn’t have ancestors who owned slaves, and I don’t care about his, or anybody else’s, skin color.  

I think it's important to differentiate between one's skin color as a result of their race and one's skin color as a result of vanity.  The first doesn't concern me.  The second, on the other hand, does show what kind of person we're dealing with.  Big difference, for me anyway.  Put another way... If Abe Lincoln were running for President in 2016 or 2020, do you think he'd be spray tanning?

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-is-donald-trumps-skin-orange-2016-10

Edited by BerniePragle
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, BerniePragle said:

I think it's important to differentiate between one's skin color as a result of their race and one's skin color as a result of vanity.  The first doesn't concern me.  The second, on the other hand, does show what kind of person we're dealing with.  Big difference, for me anyway.  Put another way... If Abe Lincoln were running for President in 2016 or 2020, do you think he'd be spray tanning?

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-is-donald-trumps-skin-orange-2016-10

Personally, I consider most cosmetic procedures, artificial tans, facelifts, botox, etc. to be wastes, but I don’t consider them character flaws, and in the face of managing an economy, defense, and foreign policy, insignificant.  To prefer Biden’s policies over Trump’s requires a severe case of TDS or possibly ones sympathies to lie with the chinese ccp, the source of much of biden’s wealth. 

10 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Personally, I consider most cosmetic procedures, artificial tans, facelifts, botox, etc. to be wastes, but I don’t consider them character flaws, and in the face of managing an economy, defense, and foreign policy, insignificant.  To prefer Biden’s policies over Trump’s requires a severe case of TDS or possibly ones sympathies to lie with the chinese ccp, the source of much of biden’s wealth. 

Character "flaw" or character "weakness" - tomato, tomahto.

I do agree managing an economy, defense, and foreign policy is very important. And we had the Republic majority Senate there doing those very things... while Trump golfed, got his hair done, had his face sprayed orange, organized re-election rallies, and watched morning TV news programs while sending angry Tweets. He did sign everything the Rep's sent his way, even if he didn't remotely understand most of it. Because he didn't bother to read any of the executive reports that were sent to the desk of the President. But if that's what some want in the leader of the free world - then he is their guy.

Me? I'd vote for a Republican over Biden. But he'd have to be an actual leader, not just an orange turd pretender,

• Fire 1

On 7/1/2023 at 10:17 PM, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Me? I'd vote for a Republican over Biden. But he'd have to be an actual leader, not just an orange turd pretender,

Say more about what Republicans values would influence you to vote red.  

4 hours ago, jross said:

Say more about what Republicans values would influence you to vote red.  

I know I'm not who you asked, but I'm going to chime in anyway.  Answer... Most of them from some number of years ago.  The BIG problem I have with current R policy is economics.  Truth be told, pure volume wise, I have more problems with D policy, but the rape and plunder of the Middle Class by the Rs' (mostly) policy outweighs the rest for me.  Rhetorical question... Are those rich guys pockets ever going to get full?  (I know the answer.)

Edited by BerniePragle
  • Fire 1

On 7/1/2023 at 11:17 PM, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Character "flaw" or character "weakness" - tomato, tomahto.

I do agree managing an economy, defense, and foreign policy is very important. And we had the Republic majority Senate there doing those very things... while Trump golfed, got his hair done, had his face sprayed orange, organized re-election rallies, and watched morning TV news programs while sending angry Tweets. He did sign everything the Rep's sent his way, even if he didn't remotely understand most of it. Because he didn't bother to read any of the executive reports that were sent to the desk of the President. But if that's what some want in the leader of the free world - then he is their guy.

This is the thing for me, leaning more the conservative side of things but no way in hell I could ever vote for Trump or any MAGA.     Policies are great but as we have seen policies change at the stroke of a pen, and can do so every four years.

But as soon as someone takes it over and establishes themselves as the authoritarian ruler of the country.......that's all over.   And that can't take place without the help of people in places like congress and judicial benches.  

• Fire 1

Picture floating around various corners of the internet with Trump and Nauta together today, despite a judge’s order that they not see each other.

Yet another charge added to the docket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, Le duke said:

Picture floating around various corners of the internet with Trump and Nauta together today, despite a judge’s order that they not see each other.

Yet another charge added to the docket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t say they couldn’t be together, order said they couldn’t talk about the case.   (Not saying they are following that, but he works for trump, they have to be together)