Budapest Ranking Tournament

I have watched Yianni for many years now as I am from upstate NY. He simply was not the same wrestler this year. I can’t put my finger on what made me realize it but he seems to have lost the joy that propelled him throughout his youth. Maybe he is burnt or has other stuff going on in his life but he looks like he is just going through the motions.  After the gomez loss, i said to a friend that he seemed listless and that continued through the entire season. Was glad to see him buck up at the end but he could have lost at any point in the tourney and i wouldnt have been surprised. Not sure what to say but he needs some time off to find that extra something to get him back on track.

• Fire 1

Zane Richards was pretty impressive IMO, I think that he got lulled into the other guys match in the finals. Hopefully he can make the necessary adjustments for the Worlds. 
SnyderMan’s first match was a little surprising, hopefully he can make some tweaks between now and the Worlds. I am sure that they will face off at the Championships. I am also a little disappointed that Snyder’s opponent forfeited in the finals. I would have liked to see those two go at it again. 

The started out w/ the women's qualification bouts first... they're starting the final men's FS weights just now.

Arujau's bout should be coming up soon.

Marsteller is up 4-0 at the break...

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

6 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

You know what else is absurd? None of the three gold medalists for the US won any more than Lee. When else has it happened that the US got three gold medals due to forfeits?

I thought Zahid won in the finals against Finesilver. 

They're still wrestling the women's 57Kg qualification matches on Mat A... the men's 61 Kg qual-matches should be next.

I gotta sail off to work (meaning I'll be missing Arujau's match. !#$%^&%^%$^@!!!)

Tootles!

D3

2 minutes ago, Tripnsweep said:

I thought Zahid won in the finals against Finesilver. 

He did!

10-zip!

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

He did. The default came the match before that when the Iranian who beat Zahid in round 1 defaulted to Finesilver because Iranians will not wrestle Israelis.

He didn't win in the finals by default like Snyder. 

8 hours ago, nhs67 said:

He lost two matches to none to Lee and is 0W - 3L to him on our Freestyle circuit.  I would say he should be more focused on decreasing that gap than increasing...

I meant what you said, but me words hard me no articulate

i am an idiot on the internet

Vito loses 2-0?  Surprising score.  He has been prone to give up points.  And is known for scoring them.  Will be curious to see this one.

I will say that he has improved his defense in past year it seems.  Nahshon matches are a counterpoint to that.  Still, only giving up 2 to a defending 57kg world champ is a good thing.  Will be curious to see if Vito was on the attack.

• Fire 1

I just took a look at Arujau/ Abakarov match just now... it was a positional stand-off. Ref gave Abakarov 2 points for putting Vito on the shot clock in the first & second period. Vito had more shots than Abakarov but he just couldn't penetrate the Albanian's defense.

Was expecting more action, not a chess match.

D3

Abakarov was trailing 1-0 thru into the 2nd period when the ref put Narmandakh the Mongolian on the shot clock... Narmandakh took a shot, Abakarov spun around and proceeded to ankle lace the Mongolian to the moon.

TF and a place in the SF for the Albanian world champ. (Arujau still alive... )

D3

• Fire 1