Original Final X Thread

1 minute ago, pokemonster said:

Are they legal retaliatory tactics, i.e. defamation / libel lawsuit? 

athletes not being allowed to practice at RTCs for speaking up...

bullying types of behaviors...

stuff like that...

i am sure there is more stuff i am not aware of...

this is the way it goes...

1 minute ago, wrestle87 said:

Man, this is depressing.  What does it take for integrity and caring for others to win out over such astonishing levels of self interest.  I thought that, of all sports, ours would be able to make that happen…

we all should be ashamed...

• Fire 1

i would just ask that everyone that was around for the original thread give the instigator a little bit of a break for how it all played out...

i personally would not have went about it in quite the same manner, but, when you are pushed to the edge these things happen...

add in his offspring being involved...

add in how long he has been involved in this sport and at what levels he has been involved...

let all just have a bit of compassion and empathy...

• Fire 7

he has been dealing with this for 8 months...

and how the entire event played out results wise...

i spoke with him personally during the initial bomb that being dropped...

he was definitely feeling it...

the levels of pettiness that goes on is absolutely ridiculous...

i keep being told it is not malevolent and is instead pure incompetence...

it just seems hard to believe at this point...

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I actually think a manager/subordinate is a fair comparison.  And the manager should absolutely be fired in those cases too...

That’s what I meant in first point, I missed a comma. I was saying that even the cases where it does “work out” doesn’t excuse it

The one thing triggering me in all of this isn’t the normal things people say when this stuff happens. The “well they should’ve gone to police, or something would’ve been done blah blah”

Its the fact people “seem” way more worried about what happened or might have happened at Iowa and maybe Daton Fix than what’s actually going on

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

I think you have your Perry’s mixed up

That would make a lot of sense as when I heard the daton stuff I did not even understand the connection. As for the correct guy I wonder if this will effect not just his club job but his college job. The college he is at has a girls team.

1 minute ago, forkemaz said:

That would make a lot of sense as when I heard the daton stuff I did not even understand the connection. As for the correct guy I wonder if this will effect not just his club job but his college job. The college he is at has a girls team.

We’ll see

3 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

I'd prefer they get rid of him. Do you think they should? If it's about protecting the girls in wrestling then it seems pretty straight forward. 

I know what they “should” do. That’s not what I’m waiting to see about. I’m waiting on what “will” happen 

• Fire 2

2 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

I know what they “should” do. That’s not what I’m waiting to see about. I’m waiting on what “will” happen 

absolutely nothing has happened so far...

which is the main issue...

some of the people who have filed the safe sport have not even been contacted...

it really is a gross dereliction of duty... 

• Fire 1
  • Stalling 1

22 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

They do?  Also he has not been listed as a coach there the last 2 seasons

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

They do?  Also he has not been listed as a coach there the last 2 seasons

They do and he was mat side every duel this past season. Not necessarily in the corner but he's heavily involved how can you not be if you're attached to the club.

Edited by forkemaz

4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I actually think a manager/subordinate is a fair comparison.  And the manager should absolutely be fired in those cases too...

Certainly a supervisor/subordinate in a relationship is untenable and ripe for conflicts.  In some situations one individual could be transferred to report to someone else or the supervisor could be reassigned/demoted to resolve the issue without termination. 

Mayhaps he felt that this could be managed in a similar way?  This individual could be reassigned to coach the men (presumable this individual does not have a sexual relationship with any of them), someone else assigned to coach the women, and that could resolve the issue.  

3 hours ago, fishbane said:

Certainly a supervisor/subordinate in a relationship is untenable and ripe for conflicts.  In some situations one individual could be transferred to report to someone else or the supervisor could be reassigned/demoted to resolve the issue without termination. 

Mayhaps he felt that this could be managed in a similar way?  This individual could be reassigned to coach the men (presumable this individual does not have a sexual relationship with any of them), someone else assigned to coach the women, and that could resolve the issue.  

Meh, I think it shows incredibly bad judgement, especially on the part of the boss.   Only way I could excuse it would be if they obtained permission from their own supervisor or higher-ups prior to starting or possibly immediately after starting the relationship (which of course would not be an option with he who shall not be named if Safesport has clear rules against it).

16 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

(which of course would not be an option with he who shall not be named if Safesport has clear rules against it).

There is no if. No if’s, no gray area, no mitigating circumstances. It is a clear, hard and fast rule.

The punishment, however, is less clear-cut. It could be anything from temporary restrictions [Travel / Lodging Restriction(s), Coaching / Training Restriction(s), No Contact Directive(s), No Unsupervised Coaching / Training] to a suspension to permanent ineligibility.

• Fire 1