Zain silver

Dake is gold ofc

Chance no medal???

DT gold

Zahid won’t medal

Snyder is gold

Gable is gold

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Why won’t Chance or Zahid medal?  Didn’t Chance beat someone from Iran or something?  And don’t a lot of the international guys have similar gas tank issues as Zahid?

I hope I’m wrong

Why won’t Chance or Zahid medal?  Didn’t Chance beat someone from Iran or something?  And don’t a lot of the international guys have similar gas tank issues as Zahid?

everyone one here would have picked JB for gold...

chance just beat him and the official 3 matches straight...

7 minutes ago, LJB said:

everyone one here would have picked JB for gold...

chance just beat him and the official 3 matches straight...

His first year on the team idk if he gets it done. Would love to be wrong

10 minutes ago, Ragu said:

His first year on the team idk if he gets it done. Would love to be wrong

i get the concern...

but...

he is not unseasoned in international competition and the mental hump of getting over JB/officials/crowd/fans is huge...

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I wouldn't say he had to overcome the fans in the arena. They were definitely behind him.

I was more referring to the overall national fan base…

7 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Retherford, Snyder, and Taylor are the only vets. I have a bad feeling it may be a down year even without Russia.

4 medals, 2 golds.

Dake is obviously a "Vet" (already corrected above) and I would think having an Olympic Gold under your belt where you beat 2 multi time world/olympic Champs would qualify you as a "vet".  So We have Zain, Dake, Taylor, Snyder and Gable who all have had significant success on the World/Olympic level.  Add to that Richards,  Lee & Chance all took out people with World medals and Vito beat the guy who took out silver medalist Fix and I would say the team is looking good.  Zahid also looked really good against some pretty tough 92kg guys.  I think this team will do really well in Belgrade.

Some had years to figure out how to be competitive and beat the number one guy. That was their goal.
You don't have years to figure out the field at The World Tourney. The guys that won deserve their chance, but I believe some lack of experience may thwart them along the way. I don't think Zane, Lee, Valencia/Macc or Marstellar are the answer but they did their job and I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

• Fire 4

38 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Some had years to figure out how to be competitive and beat the number one guy. That was their goal.
You don't have years to figure out the field at The World Tourney. The guys that won deserve their chance, but I believe some lack of experience may thwart them along the way. I don't think Zane, Lee, Valencia/Macc or Marstellar are the answer but they did their job and I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

this ^^^

5 hours ago, LJB said:

i get the concern...

but...

he is not unseasoned in international competition and the mental hump of getting over JB/officials/crowd/fans is huge...

JB gets a similar level of respect from international refs and fans, which helps him there too. I also think his style is very well suited for international competition. Marsteller could get it done, or he could just matchup favorably against JB. We’ll find out. 

51 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

I think Lee could have success with his pace, Valencia not having to deal with many guys who have a pace like Taylor/Brooks, Marsteller's unique body style.   Not sure about Richards, he may have just had a great gameplan for Gilman, but happy he's getting a chance.

I think Lee could have success with his pace, Valencia not having to deal with many guys who have a pace like Taylor/Brooks, Marsteller's unique body style.   Not sure about Richards, he may have just had a great gameplan for Gilman, but happy he's getting a chance.

Lee displayed a real lack of preparedness against Musukaev a couple months back. It really looked like he had no clue who he was wrestling, and Musukaev’s strengths (first two minutes) and weaknesses (matches longer than three minutes).

He showed the ability to go with a world medalist; does he have the ability to execute a game plan against top Euro competition and use his motor to his advantage? We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee got worked by Musukaev. If he can’t gas him then, well…

i am an idiot on the internet

Lee got worked by Musukaev. If he can’t gas him then, well…

I would hope he’d learn from his mistake last time. He walked right into Musukaev’s best stuff and didn’t make it to the second period.

The best thing to do with Musukaev is handfight super hard and a protracted scramble if it goes to the mat. Evan Henderson has beaten him doing exactly that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I would hope he’d learn from his mistake last time. He walked right into Musukaev’s best stuff and didn’t make it to the second period.

The best thing to do with Musukaev is handfight super hard and a protracted scramble if it goes to the mat. Evan Henderson has beaten him doing exactly that.

And we all know this. And have for years. How Lee did not know is worrisome.

• Fire 2

Musukaev is a bronze match gatekeeper. Getting teched by him, with years of scouting, is very discouraging. I hope for better results and if they hit it is the first match off the scales.

A better view is: hey! We broke the medal drought last year! And 65 is still a shallow clusterf*ck domestically 

i am an idiot on the internet