USA Gold Medal Wrestling Club

headshuck

• 2 weeks later...

What if... we had a training center... maybe even an Olympic training center for wrestling... an Olympic training center where high level resident athletes could train... together... and get coaching and instruction... from veteran World and Olympic level wrestlers... 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

What if... we had a training center... maybe even an Olympic training center for wrestling... an Olympic training center where high level resident athletes could train... together... and get coaching and instruction... from veteran World and Olympic level wrestlers... 

and it should be at a high elevation. Should be altitude camp to turbo charge the athletes cardio 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, scribers said:

and it should be at a high elevation. Should be altitude camp to turbo charge the athletes cardio 

That's what Treigning Lab and East Coast Treigning Lab are for. The math teacher-turned amateur triathlete seems to have it all figured out--just ask TJ Dillishaw...

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

12 hours ago, scribers said:

maybe put it somewhere in the middle of the country 

1 hour ago, ionel said:

maybe put it somewhere in the middle of the country 

And to make it really fun, tell ’em the mountains are blue when they need to cut loose once a month

i am an idiot on the internet

On 5/8/2023 at 7:22 PM, CHROMEBIRD said:

good call...

go there to "train" with absolutely no financial incentive!!!!

live like a dog and win no medals!!!!

5 minutes ago, LJB said:

good call...

go there to "train" with absolutely no financial incentive!!!!

live like a dog and win no medals!!!!

Are you in it for glory or for money? 

12 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Are you in it for glory or for money? 

what glory has the OTC been responsible for producing in the last 15 years?

i will take your answer off air...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

what glory has the OTC been responsible for producing in the last 15 years?

i will take your answer off air...

Kyle Snyder is doing okay.

J'Den Cox is doing okay.

Adam Coon won a world silver training there part-time during college.

Aaron Brooks is wrestling for a spot on the national team.

Cohlton Schultz has trained there off and on since he was a kid since he grew up an hour away.

And of course 15 years ago was this dude named Henry Cejudo. You should check out his story when you have time.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Kyle Snyder is doing okay.

J'Den Cox is doing okay.

Adam Coon won a world silver training there part-time during college.

Aaron Brooks is wrestling for a spot on the national team.

Cohlton Schultz has trained there off and on since he was a kid since he grew up an hour away.

And of course 15 years ago was this dude named Henry Cejudo. You should check out his story when you have time.

your last one is the only one that the OTC could legitimately claim...

15 years ago...

but...

nice try...

55 minutes ago, LJB said:

your last one is the only one that the OTC could legitimately claim...

15 years ago...

but...

nice try...

wtf are you talking about. Go back to "Derrrr greco greatest me no like USAW only dum dum leg grab. Grumpy ellipses go 'brrrrrrrr."

Snyder moved to the OTC in high school. Won a world title less than a year after departing Colorado Springs. He has cited his success directly to training at OTC many times, including a recent vlog/blog/documentary/whatever kids call content these days.

Cox moved there after college. Won a couple world titles after "only" being a bronze medalist. I'd say that is a pretty good success.

Aaron Brooks joined the EAP program at the OTC and skipped his last year of high school. I'd say he is doing alright.

But...

Nice...

Try...

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

wtf are you talking about. Go back to "Derrrr greco greatest me no like USAW only dum dum leg grab. Grumpy ellipses go 'brrrrrrrr."

Snyder moved to the OTC in high school. Won a world title less than a year after departing Colorado Springs. He has cited his success directly to training at OTC many times, including a recent vlog/blog/documentary/whatever kids call content these days.

Cox moved there after college. Won a couple world titles after "only" being a bronze medalist. I'd say that is a pretty good success.

Aaron Brooks joined the EAP program at the OTC and skipped his last year of high school. I'd say he is doing alright.

But...

Nice...

Try...

Excited Two Thumbs Up GIF by Sony Music Africa

51 minutes ago, LJB said:

does the OTC get to claim everyone who has ever stopped in for a cup of coffee?

just curious...

I appreciate your steadfastness...

The mantra "never skip leg day" never misses...

You are always the first to dig deepest to move the goal posts...

4 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

I appreciate your steadfastness...

The mantra "never skip leg day" never misses...

You are always the first to dig deepest to move the goal posts...

i would love to be just a "fan"...

the naivete that comes with that is adorable and i would be lying if i said i was not a little envious...

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, LJB said:

i would love to be just a "fan"...

the naivete that comes with that is adorable and i would be lying if i said i was not a little envious...

What does this have to do with my direct responses to your question and follow-up question?

Also, you *are* a fan. What have you accomplished in wrestling other than being an ardent support of accomplished wrestlers? More than me? I know not. Less than me? I will genuinely say that no you have not. Neither of us has made a senior world team and that’s the whole gist of this, so let’s not get into an internet pissing contest that we both lose.

17 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

What does this have to do with my direct responses to your question and follow-up question?

Also, you *are* a fan. What have you accomplished in wrestling other than being an ardent support of accomplished wrestlers? More than me? I know not. Less than me? I will genuinely say that no you have not. Neither of us has made a senior world team and that’s the whole gist of this, so let’s not get into an internet pissing contest that we both lose.

oh, so you have been in meetings with the OTC about what they can offer your athlete?

and you have turned them down?

please do elaborate...