US Open - April 26th-30th, 2023

nhs67

15 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I thought so?  My thinking may be wrong, though.

For 2020(1) guys were able to swap weights for WTT.

Word on the street is that anyone who placed can move to an adjacent weight for WTT.

Fix, Suriano, Gross is worth the price of admission. DeSanto had a real nice showing until the finals and adds intrigue.

I wonder if Zahid hires Hilger as his personal trainer and puffs up to 92.

I don’t care about who bumps up to 125. It is cannon fodder. They shouldn’t even have WTT or Final X it’s just an injury risk for our golden child.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

8 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

Their gas tanks are honestly insane. I wonder what's the secret. Maybe a lil bit of the Treigning Lab EPO?

I’m guessing maybe they just train hard? Not sure why they would do that though… don’t they know winning on conditioning is an outdated strategy only used Iowa coaches living in the past?? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

I’m guessing maybe they just train hard? Not sure why they would do that though… don’t they know winning on conditioning is an outdated strategy only used Iowa coaches living in the past?? 

I mean, it could obviously be as simple as they just train harder than everyone else. I have a hard time believing that Cael puts them through workouts more grueling than the Iowa style, though. Maybe he's mastered the balance of optimal strain and recovery. 

• Fire 1

59 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

I mean, it could obviously be as simple as they just train harder than everyone else. I have a hard time believing that Cael puts them through workouts more grueling than the Iowa style, though. Maybe he's mastered the balance of optimal strain and recovery. 

Bryan Pearsall says their training is more wrestling. Not so much lifting and running. 

• Fire 1

31 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

It’s also a mentality. Just keep wrestling. Winning or losing.. just score the next points. Add in the mental effect of faith in the coaches. You see it elsewhere on a smaller scale 

Full faith in the coaches. No false prophets on that staff.

• Haha 1

Periodized training at PSU vs a constant, brutal grind at Iowa.

Tom Brands is on record saying he doesn’t believe in peaking, with college athletes. Which is one of the craziest things I’ve heard from a Brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

20 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

Or... Estimated Prophet?

D3

I was there. 

California, a prophet on the burning shore
California, I'll be knocking on the golden door
Like an angel, standing in a shaft of light
Rising up to paradise, I know I'm gonna shine

4 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Word on the street is that anyone who placed can move to an adjacent weight for WTT.

Fix, Suriano, Gross is worth the price of admission. DeSanto had a real nice showing until the finals and adds intrigue.

I wonder if Zahid hires Hilger as his personal trainer and puffs up to 92.

I don’t care about who bumps up to 125. It is cannon fodder. They shouldn’t even have WTT or Final X it’s just an injury risk for our golden child.

I am actually reading this as 79 KG can't go 92 KG then?  That is unfortunate.  It would have been cool to see a few of them throw their hats in the ring.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

5 hours ago, pokemonster said:

4 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

Bryan Pearsall says their training is more wrestling. Not so much lifting and running. 

That’s my understanding as well. Live wrestling in the Penn State/NLWC room must be brutal though! Imagine the kind of shape you have to be in to withstand someone like Nolf, N. Lee, or Brooks constantly attacking you! It’s probably more grueling than any kind of conditioning you can do.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I am actually reading this as 79 KG can't go 92 KG then?  That is unfortunate.  It would have been cool to see a few of them throw their hats in the ring.

Let’s ask someone who knows. Hey @Jason Bryant and/or @Jon_Kozak what’s the official stance on wrestlers competing at one weight for the US Open and another weight for WTT with regards to each style at the senior level?

39 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

High school junior Audrey Jimenez knocks off Alyssa Lampe 10-10

Didn't you say she wad a POI earlier in this thread?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me