2023 Transfer Portal

2 hours ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Willie just announced that Troy Spratley committed to Okie State 👀

To me this means something is up with little mastro also.  Maybe a full-time zookeeper at this point.  But great acquisition for OK St. He should he an AA threat immediately 

50 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Ramos may have not seen a path to starting at that time. He was behind McKee, he may have been losing in the room to Gliva early on. He was a low Ncaa seed when he pinned Byrd and went to rd of 12. He has just exploded at Purdue but he wasn’t that guy when at MN just yet.

Ramos was 125 behind Schroder for Purdue and only went 133 because he got a free 'rona year - and honestly speaking Ramos must have respected the hell out of him because he was better.  Even after competing at 133 NCAAs in 2022 he went 57 KG a few weeks later.

He left Minny because he didn't want to sit behind McKee until after next season and he didn't want to have to compete at 133 for at least three seasons.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

29 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

To me this means something is up with little mastro also.  Maybe a full-time zookeeper at this point.  But great acquisition for OK St. He should he an AA threat immediately 

Wasn't there something up with him at the end of last season? He beat Kaylor in the OSU dual and after that he was done. I never heard the full story. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

16 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Wasn't there something up with him at the end of last season? He beat Kaylor in the OSU dual and after that he was done. I never heard the full story. 

He's a little guy, man.  When he heard his bro banging the one Focus' GF through the this bed-sheet walls he probably got scared out of wrestling.

3 hours ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Ramos may have not seen a path to starting at that time. He was behind McKee, he may have been losing in the room to Gliva early on. He was a low Ncaa seed when he pinned Byrd and went to rd of 12. He has just exploded at Purdue but he wasn’t that guy when at MN just yet.

He was better than McKee then just like he is now. Was just a little undersized then. He’s also undefeated against Gliva. If Eggum gave up on him because he was losing in the room to an older guy that had 15+ pounds on him…. That’s not saying much for Eggum. It’s not like he is some egotistical dude who was like “I’m 125 or I’m transferring.” He went and wrestled 133 somewhere else when he would’ve been the best 133 on the Gophers that year just like he would’ve been the best 125 on the Gophers this year. I think Eggum is too loyal to local guys.

Eggum has now lost five of his best wrestlers plus his best “committed” recruit over the last two years. This is in addition to having three former All-Americans on the roster this year that ALL failed to AA again. We’re talking about nine guys either leaving the program or failing to achieve their previous success. That’s pretty terrible.

6 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

James Rowley is the guy 👀 He’s officially in the portal, crazy! 

2 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

Didn’t have a great redshirt year, but he’s a cadet silver medalist. Obviously super talented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An Oregonian.  Any input on this, @Idaho?

One would think Oregon State, Cal Poly, or Michigan would be prime candidates due to Oregon ties.

1 minute ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Michigan needs a 174s and they have Rylan Rodgers and Hayden Walters there. He has many connections there but before he commited to Wisconsin he had 

Cornell, VTech, Purdue, Oregon St., Navy, and Wisconsin on his list.

NIL also helps Michigan, too.  I don't think he beats Walker anyways.

Two years on a campus can change one's perspective, though.

One thing to consider is that Dow, who wad also competing for the 174/184 spot is out too.